UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got me thinking now about hands in pockets and something just popped in me head what if he did lose the phone before he went in horseshoe he was in hughes doorway say playing with phone then falls asleep with phone but then wakes to find no phone :thinking:
He sent a text after his nap,

Perhaps phone was accidentally thrown in the bin along with the take away wrappers. Last seen on CCTV with hands in pockets,,, hence no take away or wrapping so must have disposed of it in HS before leaving. I hope they searched HS for this while carrying out the forensic search!

I've dipped in and out of WS a number of times over the years but live in a town near to Bury St Edmunds so this case has piqued my interest. Joined just to point out that the CCTV footage of Corrie with his hands in his pockets is before he gets to those bins, prior to him entering the HS area. He must have already left the takeaway wrappers before this to have his hands in his pockets. Perhaps he left them in the Hughes doorway or, if he was feeling a tad more conscientious, in the for-public-use bin by the benches in front of Gregg's, just opposite where he slept?!

This doesn't help explain the phone getting in the HS bin, I know, but just thought it was worth mentioning. That's unless he had been to the HS area already, previous to the last sighting with hands in pockets, visiting the HS twice in total, but I don't think that's been mooted anywhere?!

Got me thinking now about hands in pockets and something just popped in me head what if he did lose the phone before he went in horseshoe he was in hughes doorway say playing with phone then falls asleep with phone but then wakes to find no phone :thinking:

I thought he sent a text/photo at 03:08 so that would have been after he woke up?

I don't think that the met or scotland yard are still investigating, to what i know they were just doing cctv stuff and are long gone,

Sorry, I was just going by press release and wasn't aware. I wonder if there was a reason for this?

Has anyone determined weather the phone was a Microsoft lumia at all or just that it was Nokia.if so does anyone know the model number.the reason I ask is because the Microsoft lumia 435 has a maximum talk time of 11.7 hrs corrie was on the phone for what was it 40 mins or so I think I've read to his brother in the car before he went into clubs,we also know he sent a picture message at 3.08am if he went out at around 10/10.30pm and the phone appeared to be off/damaged round bm/mildenhall area apps running In the background maybe dating sites Facebook whatever then I'm leaning towards the phone battery going flat around 8am instead of being turned off/damaged from say 10.00 pm till 8am that's 10 hrs and with apps running in the background its bound to chew your battery quicker.all just my opinion of course. https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/mobile/phone/lumia435-dual-sim/specifications/

Sent from my 5080Q using Tapatalk

This doesn't help explain the phone getting in the HS bin, I know, but just thought it was worth mentioning. That's unless he had been to the HS area already, previous to the last sighting with hands in pockets, visiting the HS twice in total, but I don't think that's been mooted anywhere?!

He bought food, ate it, went to sleep for 2 hours, answered a text with a photo and headed to the bins.

Can anyone tell me the time between Corrie going into the HS and the bin lorry turning up please? What is the time between those? ..... ::thinking::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One major problem we have with such limited access to CCTV is that we don't know whether he checked the time often or not at all. He doesn't seem to be looking up possibly for a clock and I haven't seen him get his phone out to check the time. My grasp of his sleeping time was that he likely to have been woken by his friend texting, but am not certain. We don't know that he intentionally went to sleep, his intentions possibly affecting his timing. The police must know more than we do here. Would they tell his family?

Re the text I think it was from a previous conversation. Someone asked him for the picture earlier in the night .

Yeah but who says that had to be C could of been someone else someone who knew corrie and took a pic of him passed out in the doorway someone who also made a call aaah think I need to re go over old threads reign myself in lol

Can anyone tell me the time between Corrie going into the HS and the bin lorry turning up please? What is the time between those? ..... ::thinking::

The most told times are 03:25 for Corrie walking into HS and 04:20 for bin lorry turning up.

We know a text was sent from his phone after nap. We assume he sent that himself. We do not know that he definitely had phone after this.

Re the text I think it was from a previous conversation. Someone asked him for the picture earlier in the night .

Yes it was, but did that wake him or could he have set his alarm or did he just wake? If he had a prearranged meeting he'd be checking the time frequently and presumably wouldn't have a nap without ensuring he'd wake up in time for the meet?

He bought food, ate it, went to sleep for 2 hours, answered a text with a photo and headed to the bins.

Phone thrown in bin along with food wrappers,, hence the route it travelled?

Yeah but who says that had to be C could of been someone else someone who knew corrie and took a pic of him passed out in the doorway someone who also made a call aaah think I need to re go over old threads reign myself in lol

I thought the photo was from a previous evening? How would a random person know what photo to send?

Has anyone determined weather the phone was a Microsoft lumia at all or just that it was Nokia.if so does anyone know the model number.the reason I ask is because the Microsoft lumia 435 has a maximum talk time of 11.7 hrs corrie was on the phone for what was it 40 mins or so I think I've read to his brother in the car before he went into clubs,we also know he sent a picture message at 3.08am if he went out at around 10/10.30pm and the phone appeared to be off/damaged round bm/mildenhall area apps running In the background maybe dating sites Facebook whatever then I'm leaning towards the phone battery going flat around 8am instead of being turned off/damaged from say 10.00 pm till 8am that's 10 hrs and with apps running in the background its bound to chew your battery quicker.all just my opinion of course. https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/mobile/phone/lumia435-dual-sim/specifications/

Sent from my 5080Q using Tapatalk
But he could have had a car charger plugged in when in the car on the phone

The CCTV shows pretty clearly that he is not carrying wrappers from food bought 2 hours before.

Didn't have food wrappers when into horseshoe?

Who goes into an industrial waste area to throw away a burger wrapper or 2?

Etc.

If he was arranging to meet someone (previous point from someone else), it wasn't on his phone, if you met someone in a pub you'd usually go with them right away, not meet at 4am, and if it was all preplanned before that do you get pissed as a newt, fall aslepp in doorways, and then go meet them somewhere odd - and still doesn't explain how he left area if he did meet someone since all cars accounted for.

Sorry, I was just trying to say that if he HAD have thrown his rubbish into the HS bin that it would have had to have been before the "hands in pockets" footage, not that he DID throw the rubbish in the HS bin but thanks for the clarification of known events.

Edited to add: Between sending the text at 3:08 and entering the horsehoe area at 3:25, that's a long time to walk the thirty second walk between the Hughes doorway and the bins. I wonder if we'll ever see the footage of what happened in this seventeen minute window...

Hi everyone.

Please use care when utilizing the "reply with quote" function.

It's very important that you do not delete any portion or bracket of the beginning or end quote commands.

If you do, it will result in a broken quote. When a broken quote continues to be quoted and replied to, the names of the authors of the posts will appear incorrectly.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member