UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see your previous post in another thread about the bike theory (not sure how I missed that!) but I am fully on board that what Corrie was interested in was a bike, having seen the bike locking points on the Horseshoe Google Streetview - as I stated in the last thread.

Very interesting about the missing persons flyer mentioning a bike. Where is that flyer?

Notice it states "original" flyer? Got a link for it?

I don't have a link for the flyer but I can confirm a bike was one of the things mentioned to be on the look out for. It was discussed on here so you can probably find a link to it if you do a thead search but it may not work now.

We were told then that it was the police covering all bases and that there wasn't any particular reason for the bike to be included, make of that what you will but if C had left on a bike it would be on CCTV somewhere IMO

I see the sign Shiressleuth but that's not what I'm seeing.

If he was talking to multiple taxi drivers I would think one of the drivers might remember why he went up to them?

All I can think of is that it might be the dad of someone who went clubbing that night and kid didn't come home yet, so he's gone out looking for them, and he's asking drivers if they've given someone of that description a lift already? That way he could be local enough to have not gone out wearing cycling clothing (reflective stripe and helmet) and yet it would give him a reason to be talking to taxi drivers?

I might have missed any mention of it but bikes are used I believe for the delivery of drugs, IMO this is a very possible reason for people in the car not being able to remember what they spoke to him about in theory if for example they had been identified and spoken to by the police but were unable to provide any further info.

I'm going with KISS on this one

JMO

If he was talking to multiple taxi drivers I would think one of the drivers might remember why he went up to them?

All I can think of is that it might be the dad of someone who went clubbing that night and kid didn't come home yet, so he's gone out looking for them, and he's asking drivers if they've given someone of that description a lift already? That way he could be local enough to have not gone out wearing cycling clothing (reflective stripe and helmet) and yet it would give him a reason to be talking to taxi drivers?

Does not explain why the cyclist hasn't come forward for nearly three months and why the taxi drivers didn't say "oh yeah, the guy on the bike said something about looking for his missing lad"

This is the talk of the town in Bury - if cyclist is local and innocent - he knows he was there and may have information. No reason not to come forward.

The question to the driver of the black car is key - "what did that cyclist say to you?" This driver has already been identified by police and spoken to.

All depends on the drivers answers.

I don't have a link for the flyer but I can confirm a bike was one of the things mentioned to be on the look out for. It was discussed on here so you can probably find a link to it if you do a thead search but it may not work now.

We were told then that it was the police covering all bases and that there wasn't any particular reason for the bike to be included, make of that what you will but if C had left on a bike it would be on CCTV somewhere IMO

Thanks that is genuinely helpful. I will try and find the flyer.

I take it there was no description of a certain bike as people would be all over this like wildfire?

I see the sign Shiressleuth but that's not what I'm seeing.

Can you follow the red border of the triangle to where they would meet behind the door? If you can, surely there can't be anyone there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not explain why the cyclist hasn't come forward for nearly three months and why the taxi drivers didn't say "oh yeah, the guy on the bike said something about looking for his missing lad"

This is the talk of the town in Bury - if cyclist is local and innocent - he knows he was there and may have information. No reason not to come forward.

The question to the driver of the black car is key - "what did that cyclist say to you?" This driver has already been identified by police and spoken to.

All depends on the drivers answers.
There is also a possibility that the cyclist may, no longer, be living locally.

I see the driver sitting with his arms folded and looking to the left. I also see the guy on the bike looking past the driver and chatting with the person crouched down at passenger window. The guy crouched down has the same hairline as the tshirt guy.

attachment.php

See no guy crouched down at passenger door, just the sign. There may be someone in passenger seat, possibly head showing.

Attachments

• corriemckeaguecctv2image8-2.jpg
    corriemckeaguecctv2image8-2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 337
There was a sand bag over the bottom of the sign, this may be what you're seeing?

May I just clarify something please? The running man I believe explained that he was running to catch up with friends (query the group of three? ), but again I have read that the group denied knowing him. He's missing from the updated CCTV too. With the lurker, are there any thoughts as to whether the police may think the lurker was maybe the guy in the No Fear shirt, or the other t-shirt guy? Do we rule out the lurker and running man? I can't remember where I've read various things but have not been anywhere near the Facebook page so I'm not directly quoting from that.

Can you follow the red border of the triangle to where they would meet behind the door? If you can, surely there can't be anyone there.

Yeah I can follow the border. I'll photoshop the image later to show what I'm seeing.

May I just clarify something please? The running man I believe explained that he was running to catch up with friends (query the group of three? ), but again I have read that the group denied knowing him. He's missing from the updated CCTV too. With the lurker, are there any thoughts as to whether the police may think the lurker was maybe the guy in the No Fear shirt, or the other t-shirt guy? Do we rule out the lurker and running man? I can't remember where I've read various things but have not been anywhere near the Facebook page so I'm not directly quoting from that.
All we know is they are no longer needing id judging by the fact only 3 images remain for that purpose. If they are witnesses the public obviously would not know any more until a trial, if an offence has been committed at all. It's no good trying to work out what the police know or don't know IMO.

Woke up this morning hoping for some news but the longer this goes on the stranger it gets ... I think the most sensible thing that's been said is - he cannot leave the area on foot (loading bays and the way N walked). If we accept this then he has to leave in a vehicle. There were 4 vehicles. If the police are investigating them and have ruled them out then there must have been another vehicle or they have missed something in one of those vehicles or they suspect one of the vehicles and are trying to build a case but are not releasing it to the public and want these people identified to see if they witnessed something or he remained in that area until after 4pm when the CCTV was viewed until. IMO it has to be one of these. So which one ?

I just want to know if Corrie ever existed

Despite my admitting to poor eyesight/stupidity, I still don't understand the cyclist's head in the car photo. I see a pale brown area with a length on the right side. Assuming other people can see it (?), is it a hat? Or do I just need some glasses? I am sorry if I'm being really dense here.

That cyclist has a hat hanging off the handle bars in the first photo

We are all discussing 2 out of the 3 pics. What about the guy with glasses?

I had a quick look and they are very different bikes. The Corrie CCTV one looks like a ladies town bike with a rear chrome mudguard. The mans bike is a racer with no rear mudguard.

I THINK it was suggested at a really early stage in the case (a few days?) that the blurred figures in the first CCTV video were possibly bouncers who had been spoken to. When Corrie drops his (object), a female figure can been seen adjacent to the Grapes wall and the bicycle propped against the sign post was hers?

The image of the unidentified cyclist outside the Grapes appears to be riding a similar style cycle (road racing cycle) but a different colour to the other one in question?

JMO
b5b52c158956c90783efc99546e8cb2d.jpg
4400285eec42f8966d91ba28900efa4d.jpg

With regards to the parking area...
bc9c85505e901ebbda08192889f0a57b.jpg
84003ad64c0d4e346a51d33708194d2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am trying to provide a link but wont paste don't know what I'm doing wrong but here goes Remember when we were looking at the cctv of the big guy with the food on the first images some people thought he had a skateboard with reflections off buildings in front and at sides makes the pics go funny trick you well the second lot of pics are same people in first lot but better views. 3.21 guy is the man stood in what we think is mamma mias takeaway the reflection off the building hes walking past makes it look like he has a collar so they are the same person ..... Good morning by the way

Right third time lucky, I have spent the evening trawling the 12 road names I had for military quarters. None seem to fall in the 5km ping ring. If anyone knows different, let us know. So then I started looking at the location of the quarters in bury. If he were walking from flex to mamma Mia to the quarters, he was heading in the wrong direction. If he had arranged a lift, he could have been picked up at mama Mia's or the side of cornhill shopping centre. So why move, well if you are going to wait for someone to pick you up and know it's going to be 5/10 minutes maybe he said I'll meet you down the road (is it easier to pull in/spin round there than outside mamma Mia's?) He is trying to eat, knows he has 10 minutes to kill and sits down as he is dropping his food, dozes off due to being drunk and isn't really aware of time passing (perhaps doesn't particularly think he is falling asleep), he is sat in hughes at an angle where he can perhaps see if a car comes across to the horseshoe. Not realising how much time has passed when he wakes (how many times do we see the time, but still have to look again if someone asks the time as we don't really notice it) he wanders to the road by cornhill sticking to the left and spots a similar vehicle in the horseshoe in the right. This vehicle is empty and parked, but he mistakenly thinks it his lift and goes over, it's not, so he wanders back down the other road, what happens next I don't know.

You can't see the horseshoe or any of the area behind the shops/at top of Short Brackland from Hughes doorway (I'm local and checked after it was asked previously). The perpective is such that the buildings on both sides just come together.

Also, it is far easier to do a pick up and get in and out of town using St Andrews Street (by takeaway) or Brentgovel (by Hughes) than the back streets up to the horseshoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname