UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/agony-grandparents-missing-raf-gunner-10276318

Agony as grandparents of missing RAF gunner Corrie McKeague ...
Scottish Daily Record-7 hours ago
Heartbroken gran Mary McKeague, who spoke to Corrie just days before he vanished, said: “It's just horrific, and tearing every one of us apart.”.

Did anyone get to read this daily record link before it was taken Down, would like to have known what it said, !

I have just clicked on your link, thanks for sharing, and the article is still there but u have to click on a questionair thing below, it asked me a load of questions about kinder eggs and then it gave me the whole article.
It's really sad to read but they seem 100 % certain Corrie will be found in the landfill.
It makes me wonder if the police have other evidence that they've withheld from the press/public.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/agony-grandparents-missing-raf-gunner-10276318

Agony as grandparents of missing RAF gunner Corrie McKeague ...
Scottish Daily Record-7 hours ago
Heartbroken gran Mary McKeague, who spoke to Corrie just days before he vanished, said: “It's just horrific, and tearing every one of us apart.”.

Did anyone get to read this daily record link before it was taken Down, would like to have known what it said, !
It seems to be working now Scorpio. I didn't have to click on any adverts.

The interesting thing I thought was that they have a pile of phones they have found but none were C's , so they may well find his phone.

There's a documentary on BBC iplayer at the moment on missing people and the police response/resources when a missing person report is made.

There was a terribly sad episode where a man had gone missing and was found deceased in a car wreck which was totally invisible from the road in the middle of a wooded roundabout. Not entirely applicable here IMO but just reminded me of the multiple ways a person can be missing by accident. Awful.

There's a documentary on BBC iplayer at the moment on missing people and the police response/resources when a missing person report is made.

There was a terribly sad episode where a man had gone missing and was found deceased in a car wreck which was totally invisible from the road in the middle of a wooded roundabout. Not entirely applicable here IMO but just reminded me of the multiple ways a person can be missing by accident. Awful.

Is this it jslk ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08mn83x/reported-missing-series-1-episode-1

I watched a recorded first episode last night, gives a good view into the response of the police and other services, plus insight via the comments made of how missing people are categorised - eg young, vulnerable, with provisions/cash, intentional .... etc. Worth a watch.

This article has printed Nicola's post in full in which she gives some information on the landfill search

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/i-cant-bring-myself-remove-10282794

Corrie McKeague's mum Nicola Urquhart has revealed the agony her family are going through

The mum of missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague still includes his name when signing off messages on behalf of her family.

Nicola Urquhart, from Dunfermline , posted an update as police continue to search for her 23-year-old son's body in a landfill site in Milton, Cambridgeshire.

In her post she thanked well-wishers for their support throughout the family's "unbearable" ordeal, adding that it could be another four weeks before they find the man's remains.

Officers began a search of the landfill site after it was revealed a bin collected from the loading bay where Corrie was last seen was unusually heavy.

Reading this in the daily record article - I honestly didn't realise that the bin was "Unusually heavy" - I knew it was heavier than first thought but didn't realise it was actually heavy enough to cause suspicion. But I've been dipping in and out of the case, so maybe I missed it

Reading this in the daily record article - I honestly didn't realise that the bin was "Unusually heavy" - I knew it was heavier than first thought but didn't realise it was actually heavy enough to cause suspicion. But I've been dipping in and out of the case, so maybe I missed it

Just to help you catch up:

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said: "Through the persistence of officers and their detailed work we recently identified that the data provided was incorrect.

"We now know the weight of the waste collection from the ‘horseshoe’ on the night Corrie went missing was over 100kg, when the original information we were given indicated that this was 11kg, and this makes our search of the landfill the next logical step to try to find Corrie."

From this link:
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...-mckeagues-body-could-have-been-in-bin-lorry/

Just to help you catch up:

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said: "Through the persistence of officers and their detailed work we recently identified that the data provided was incorrect.

"We now know the weight of the waste collection from the ‘horseshoe’ on the night Corrie went missing was over 100kg, when the original information we were given indicated that this was 11kg, and this makes our search of the landfill the next logical step to try to find Corrie."

From this link:
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...-mckeagues-body-could-have-been-in-bin-lorry/

Thank you Miss_French, I hadn't heard that quote before. :)

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/importan...-corrie-mckeague-from-raf-honington-1-4988508

However, Mrs Urquhart said officers were surprised not to have found Corrie yet as they went straight for the area that was identified as having rubbish from that bin lorry placed there.

However, they are now widening the search area to look at areas nearby where the load from the bin lorry in question is likely to be.

“They were surprised they didn’t find him where they were looking before, which is why they’re now trying this area. I would say it’s quite an important week,” said Mrs Urquhart.

She said she and the police were all confident the search so far has been so thorough Corrie could not have been missed.

“Any bits they’ve searched up until now I think it’s fair to say he’s definitely not been in,” she said.

She said this week’s search would concentrate on looking further back in the landfill and preparatory work took place on Friday and Monday.

“They know they’re looking for Greggs rubbish and they’ve not passed Greggs rubbish yet,” Mrs Urquhart said. “They’ve found the odd Greggs cup but they’ve not found what should be a substantial amount of Greggs-branded rubbish.”

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/importan...-corrie-mckeague-from-raf-honington-1-4988508

However, Mrs Urquhart said officers were surprised not to have found Corrie yet as they went straight for the area that was identified as having rubbish from that bin lorry placed there.

However, they are now widening the search area to look at areas nearby where the load from the bin lorry in question is likely to be.

“They were surprised they didn’t find him where they were looking before, which is why they’re now trying this area. I would say it’s quite an important week,” said Mrs Urquhart.

She said she and the police were all confident the search so far has been so thorough Corrie could not have been missed.

“Any bits they’ve searched up until now I think it’s fair to say he’s definitely not been in,” she said.

She said this week’s search would concentrate on looking further back in the landfill and preparatory work took place on Friday and Monday.

“They know they’re looking for Greggs rubbish and they’ve not passed Greggs rubbish yet,” Mrs Urquhart said. “They’ve found the odd Greggs cup but they’ve not found what should be a substantial amount of Greggs-branded rubbish.”
so they have searched the area of the landfill that they thort that he would be found and have found nothing, so are widening the search area, IMO it's looking more like he is not in the landfill , if nothing is found this week then I'm thinking that he will not be found at the landfill,

Well, if they haven't found Greggs rubbish yet, then it's no wonder they haven't found Corrie yet. This doesn't mean he isn't there; it means they haven't searched the right spot yet.

Well, if they haven't found Greggs rubbish yet, then it's no wonder they haven't found Corrie yet. This doesn't mean he isn't there; it means they haven't searched the right spot yet.
Or Greggs rubbish went to the incinerator or the wrong bin was collected or he wasn't in a bin and is elsewhere perhaps IMO.
Eta. Other news articles state they have found items dating back to 10 Sept (e.g. newspapers) and that LE are still obtaining details regarding the vehicles. The Mail, the Mirror and Cambridge news are the sources if someone can link them.

I think the fact that they are now finding rubbish with dates on around 24/09 means that they are probably now in the right area.

Tbh I'm not surprised that they haven't found anything in the first area, given the reliability of the information they've been given to date I wouldn't have expected any kind of accuracy to be able to pinpoint the exact location within the LF

I too have wondered why the family have had an obsessive aversion to any mention of AWOL, N appears to have been so open with her thoughts and information yet has consistently avoided considering this. Maybe the family just can't contemplate the fact that he may have choosen to leave them, there can't be any kind of proof that he hasn't gone AWOL.

I don't think C has gone any where of his own accord, the logistics and practicalities of totally disappearing in this particular situation don't add up for me.

JMO

iirc there wasn't any searching yesterday so maybe today will unearth something useful

I actually think the family are being very sensible by not entertaining awol. Not naming them but there are a few misper cases I can think of that all signs indicate a suicide but the families involved refuse to accept it and think they're still alive which is heartbreaking. Corrie's parents are actually being very realistic which is refreshing. I'm sure they'd love to believe he has just started another life somewhere but all signs do point to the landfill.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I actually think the family are being very sensible by not entertaining awol. Not naming them but there are a few misper cases I can think of that all signs indicate a suicide but the families involved refuse to accept it and think they're still alive which is heartbreaking. Corrie's parents are actually being very realistic which is refreshing. I'm sure they'd love to believe he has just started another life somewhere but all signs do point to the landfill.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The signs all point to the LF now but the denying of AWOL was from day 1 IMO and during the time the family was working on the theory that C had left the HS in a vehicle so I don't think it comes from being realistic about the outcome.

As far I have read N has never said anything along the lines of "we'd really love to think that C was safe somewhere after having gone AWOL but ....", any reference to it has been squashed

JMO

That's a bit of a frustrating article, no details of what happened in the doorway, I thought we were finally going to get an answer on whether anything distressing occured

I doubt there was anything in particular. I think it was just a general comment about seeing what may well turn out to be his last movements, especially as the context is not very pleasant, drunk and passed out in a shop doorway. N was quoted somewhere as saying wtte "he isn't seen at his best". I wouldn't like it to be my last sighting of a loved one, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea