UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we know the four vehicles I think. Two bin lorries, a delivery vehicle and a LH drive vehicle AFAIK. Is that correct?

One bin lorry, as it was said the bins in Short Brackland were collected on the Monday.

So now we know the four vehicles I think. Two bin lorries, a delivery vehicle and a LH drive vehicle AFAIK. Is that correct?

This is better, knew I'd read it somewhere:

"After tracing his movements using CCTV to the Horseshoe behind Greggs, the police identified four vehicles that went into the loading area, including a bin lorry, a delivery vehicle and a vehicle owned by an employee of one of the adjoining shops. A total of 31 people of interest near the area were identified, including the owners or drivers of all the vehicles, Urquhart says."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ul/06/hunt-missing-raf-gunner-corrie-mckeague

Can't believe this search is still going on. Very little factual info is cited by the media, and it's buried under a mountain of dramatic retelling and factual inaccuracies or omissions.

The Suffolk police is the only source I view as reliable, they say:

We know that Corrie’s phone travelled away from Bury St Edmunds at the same time as the bin lorry that collected waste from Brentgovel Street...there had been a bin lorry collection in the area around 4.15am - 4.20am on Saturday, 24 September. Further enquiries determined the waste was taken to Milton for landfill disposal. This was the only bin collected from the area on Saturday 24 and waste from it was taken first to a transfer station and then onto Milton landfill site.
https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

No it doesn't. Correct me if I am wrong please, but the text of the article states the phone pinged Barton Mills at 4.20 a.m. not Bury. The graphic states the phone pinged at 04.00 a.m. so neither fit the 4.19 a.m. Bury ping at all. If no one can provide consistent timings it seems to me that the waters are being muddied on purpose. They (i.e. MSM, SP, RAF and Forbes) have all had plenty of time and opportunity to check these timings. Why can't they report consistent information? IMO.
Sorry, I may have muddled you with what I said. LE said the phone was moving around in BSE and left the BSE mast at 4.19am, so it would have then been picked up by the BM mast which would still be at some distance away, so that could tally with the 4.20am and then being at BM roundabout where there is a mast at 4.30am.

With regards to the forensic search of the bin lorry, I don't think it's surprising nothing was found, the lorry picks up and dumps waste daily, and forensic traces like hairs would have been dumped out, if not with the first load then with subsequent ones.

Can't believe this search is still going on. Very little factual info is cited by the media, and it's buried under a mountain of dramatic retelling and factual inaccuracies or omissions.

The Suffolk police is the only source I view as reliable, they say: BBM This was the only bin collected from the area on Saturday 24 and waste from it was taken first to a transfer station and then onto Milton landfill site.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague
That's a bit confusing too. It makes it sound as though the bin lorry only collected that one bin in BSE, yet they said in the press conference that it collected several more in BSE and went on to collect others in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely. So I guess they mean it only collected one bin in what is now known as the horseshoe area?

I read it as the "area" where CM was last seen.

That's a bit confusing too. It makes it sound as though the bin lorry only collected that one bin in BSE, yet they said in the press conference that it collected several more in BSE and went on to collect others in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely. So I guess they mean it only collected one bin in what is now known as the horseshoe area?

You don't understand how police statements work. They don't need to tell you the bin lorry's exact movements that night and what radio station the driver listened to - it's insignificant .

The only important fact here which they've stated is his phone following the same route as the bin lorry.

This is better, knew I'd read it somewhere:

"After tracing his movements using CCTV to the Horseshoe behind Greggs, the police identified four vehicles that went into the loading area, including a bin lorry, a delivery vehicle and a vehicle owned by an employee of one of the adjoining shops. A total of 31 people of interest near the area were identified, including the owners or drivers of all the vehicles, Urquhart says."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ul/06/hunt-missing-raf-gunner-corrie-mckeague
That's only 3 vehicles though. There were 4 AFAIK right?

Sorry, I may have muddled you with what I said. LE said the phone was moving around in BSE and left the BSE mast at 4.19am, so it would have then been picked up by the BM mast which would still be at some distance away, so that could tally with the 4.20am and then being at BM roundabout where there is a mast at 4.30am.
So you're saying the EADT article is wrong ? (which is part of my point.) It takes longer than 1 minute to travel between mast areas is basically what I am saying and I don't understand the 4a.m. time on the graphic at all. That's why I thought the article had two bin lorries that it was referring too. I will have to go back and study it again.

You don't understand how police statements work. They don't need to tell you the bin lorry's exact movements that night and what radio station the driver listened to - it's insignificant .

The only important fact here which they've stated is his phone following the same route as the bin lorry.
Well if they are wasting taxpayers money on duff info, then I disagree, they do, and the review should highlight any "areas for improvement" hopefully. IMO of course.

One bin lorry, as it was said the bins in Short Brackland were collected on the Monday.

Ignore the SB bit; couldn't open the EADT links initially and thought the multiple bin collection stuff referred to that.

Just the latest article from Cambridge News: Nothing official..

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...-cambridgeshire-landfill-incinerator-13430860

Corrie's mum doubts her missing son will be found in incinerator waste

Nicola Urquart adamant 'substantial' bones found are not Corrie as she looks back on the investigation so far
Quite a lot of info in this article. It seems that the main evidence for C in the bin is that he "regularly" climbed in bins and the lack of evidence of anything else happening. Neither parent believes the bone fragments (possibly animal) found in the incinerated waste will be C because of the incinerator process and both think he is still in LF. A skull was found in LF but it was not C. Forensic testing of the bone material is taking place.
Thanks for linking, Jessie.

A skull was found but wasn't Corries. So who's skull was it and are they investigating that?
They know where the rubbish came from in that cell of the LF, and they know its from a limited date, yet SP were planning on letting them refill that cell? Just sounds weird to me. I'd have thought they would be trying to find other body parts of this other person to identify them.

A skull was found but wasn't Corries. So who's skull was it and are they investigating that?
They know where the rubbish came from in that cell of the LF, and they know its from a limited date, yet SP were planning on letting them refill that cell? Just sounds weird to me. I'd have thought they would be trying to find other body parts of this other person to identify them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-40706307
this should give you more information about the skull found , apparently it was years old and of no relivence from 1945!

And not even found in the same landfill!

In other news, the 50K reward has been reissued.

Article here.

Quite, the skull find had no connection with SP's landfill search but it does make a headline I suppose :rolleyes:

Re the 50K reward from a 'local business' I suppose possibly from the same donator as previously - if it matters. As it brought no information last time it was offered, and MM's family still have their reward up and running I do have doubts it will make a difference. Hope it will though, obviously. C has been missing nearly a year now, doesn't seem possible that things are no further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member