UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the police said they checked Biffa records going back 6 months and the usual weight for the collection was 10-15kg. Hence it was accepted when that kind of figure was given initially for the bin the night C disappeared. Not seen a specific reason as to why SP went back to double check, which led them to find the extra weight.

But wasn't this said/assumed to be cardboard waste as lifting 10-15KG of general waste is frankly and ironically a waste. If that was general waste and was regularly 10-15KG then it would either be monthly pickups or a smaller domestic size bin instead of a 1100 ltr industrial bin. The cost saving alone would make it a no brainer for tight budget small town Greggs.

None of this makes sense and smacks of saying stuff to fit the theory (of Corrie ending up at general waste landfill).

This could all be cleared up if SP were more forthcoming with info but I completely doubt they would want to reveal anything now.

Just remembered a photo I saw of a guy in Snug taken on the same night wearing the same clothes as Corrie, I wondered at the time if there had been a case of mistaken identity or something. Trying to find the photo, does anyone else remember it?

I'm sure I saw this picture and didn't think the guy looked like Corrie at all but the Snug is full of CCTV (like 6 or 7 cameras inside alone!) I seriously doubt he was in there that night. We know SP got CCTV from the Snug owners because one of the CCTV images released of the man in a t-shirt holding a burgers was from them.

I'm sure I saw this picture and didn't think the guy looked like Corrie at all but the Snug is full of CCTV (like 6 or 7 cameras inside alone!) I seriously doubt he was in there that night. We know SP got CCTV from the Snug owners because one of the CCTV images released of the man in a t-shirt holding a burgers was from them.

No he didn't look like him at all, but I recall an interview with a girl who saw Corrie out that night who said he stood out because of what he was wearing. Turns out there were 2 lads out in white jeans and a pink shirt and they were apparently within metres of each other. Just yet another option, nothing's leading anywhere at the mo. Maddening!

No he didn't look like him at all, but I recall an interview with a girl who saw Corrie out that night who said he stood out because of what he was wearing. Turns out there were 2 lads out in white jeans and a pink shirt and they were apparently within metres of each other. Just yet another option, nothing's leading anywhere at the mo. Maddening!

Agreed about it all being maddening! Another oddity/coincidence is the girl you mention who was interviewed by Look East shares a surname with the Flex manager. Chances in a small town with two locals with same name not being related?

I don't understand SP, over the last few weeks they have changed there tune, a few weeks ago they were sure he was in the landfill then they had the police investigation that also agreed with the landfill being the most likely place he would be, now within only a few weeks SP are saying they are sure he is not in the landfill,

I don't understand SP, over the last few weeks they have changed there tune, a few weeks ago they were sure he was in the landfill then they had the police investigation that also agreed with the landfill being the most likely place he would be, now within only a few weeks SP are saying they are sure he is not in the landfill,

Actually Scorpio they haven't said that and their playing with words is what infuriates me. They have said he isn't in the areas they have searched which leaves open he could be somewhere in the cell they haven't searched. This is where the 'shifting waste' and 'not an exact science' talk comes in.....

Did you see the crude drawing Nicola posted about the landfill search?

No I never saw Nicolas drawing, ware might I find that? do we know how the family got on with obtaining the injunction N mentioned to stop the landfill being in filled,

Google maps give you some idea. I noticed there is a new bar at 3 Short Brackland called the Stillery. Does anyone know what that building was before? Also, I notice and remember it being mentioned before that it is possible to walk at the rear of CSC from SB across to Well Street so IF the CSC cam was N/W or written over after 72 hours then there would be no record as C was not missed until late Monday. This in itself I can never understand after 4 phone calls on Friday with his brother then nothing for 3 days and no one noticed? No SM activity and noone noticed.? His car parked in a disabled bay and noone noticed? That delay did not help at the beginning imo.

Yes, you can walk between the two streets via the back of the shopping centre.

You can also add he got separated from his 'mates' and they didn't notice...

The one at around 3.30? I thought Snug wasn't open that late that night was it?

Yes, you can walk between the two streets via the back of the shopping centre.

You can also add he got separated from his 'mates' and they didn't notice...
I was going to put that and then thought he actually got chucked out and they said he often disappeared IIRC. But you are right. That's why I think he must have told someone what his plans were that weekend surely?

The one at around 3.30? I thought Snug wasn't open that late that night was it?

Are you referring to the man on CCTV? If so it was captured on the camera above the door on the outside of the Snug which I guess records 24/7 on a ~monthly loop along with the rest of the system?

The man just happened to walk past the Snug at around the correct time and past where Corrie was although we did wonder where he got the burgers from at that time of the morning as nowhere should have been open?

I think it was a possibility he could have come from MM and then walked to Sergeants Walk to then come back up St John's and down to the Horseshoe but that would be suspicious!

But wasn't this said/assumed to be cardboard waste as lifting 10-15KG of general waste is frankly and ironically a waste. If that was general waste and was regularly 10-15KG then it would either be monthly pickups or a smaller domestic size bin instead of a 1100 ltr industrial bin. The cost saving alone would make it a no brainer for tight budget small town Greggs.

None of this makes sense and smacks of saying stuff to fit the theory (of Corrie ending up at general waste landfill).

This could all be cleared up if SP were more forthcoming with info but I completely doubt they would want to reveal anything now.

But SP said publicly there was a mistake made with the bin weight they were given, and neither Biffa nor Haydn Stephens have denied this....

But SP said publicly there was a mistake made with the bin weight they were given, and neither Biffa nor Haydn Stephens have denied this....

Yes but never did fully explain the mistake. Also why did they so publicly make a big song and dance about the arrest to then very quickly put it all down to a genuine non-deliberate error? Could and should have done this in the background and discreetly...no reason to do it any other way as far as I can see. If I was HS I'd be pretty vocal about how SP went about things.

Sorry but the whole episode timed as it was right around the start (whilst prepping?) of the first landfill search and it still whiffs TBH.

The complete lack of any interviews or comments from most directly and closely involved (Biffa, FCC, RL, HS etc) is really odd too. This isn't even a criminal case as SP like to remind us and so no restrictions on discussing the case but alas nobody seems to want to talk and I'm sure the press have tried!

Yes but never did fully explain the mistake. Also why did they so publicly make a big song and dance about the arrest to then very quickly put it all down to a genuine non-deliberate error? Could and should have done this in the background and discreetly...no reason to do it any other way as far as I can see. If I was HS I'd be pretty vocal about how SP went about things.

Sorry but the whole episode timed as it was right around the start (whilst prepping?) of the first landfill search and it still whiffs TBH.

The complete lack of any interviews or comments from most directly and closely involved (Biffa, FCC, RL, HS etc) is really odd too. This isn't even a criminal case as SP like to remind us and so no restrictions on discussing the case but alas nobody seems to want to talk and I'm sure the press have tried!

The mistake was in the figures Biffa initially gave SP. And who made the first song-and-dance about the arrest; wasn't it the media and SP responded?

"Suffolk Police re-evaluated the accuracy of the load weight given to them by Biffa from its hi-tech digital weighing system. They carried out their own checks with other collection points to work out the weight of the load tipped in at the horseshoe. Biffa realised it had misinterpreted their weight data and told police the actual weight collected from the horseshoe was around 100kg (15st 10lb) not 11kg (1st 10lb). Corrie weighs 14st."

*https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...detective-colin-sutton-analyses-mystery-case/

Well Cags, if nothing else it shows C's choice of clothing was not so unique that night.
Raises the possibility that those reported "sightings" could have been of another guy dressed identically then ? One step forward, two steps back :gaah:

Well Cags, if nothing else it shows C's choice of clothing was not so unique that night.
Raises the possibility that those reported "sightings" could have been of another guy dressed identically then ? One step forward, two steps back :gaah:

True, but in that case there's a fair chance that the other chap would have contacted the police or NU to eliminate himself.

The mistake was in the figures Biffa initially gave SP. And who made the first song-and-dance about the arrest; wasn't it the media and SP responded?

"Suffolk Police re-evaluated the accuracy of the load weight given to them by Biffa from its hi-tech digital weighing system. They carried out their own checks with other collection points to work out the weight of the load tipped in at the horseshoe. Biffa realised it had misinterpreted their weight data and told police the actual weight collected from the horseshoe was around 100kg (15st 10lb) not 11kg (1st 10lb). Corrie weighs 14st."

*https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...detective-colin-sutton-analyses-mystery-case/

First off the quote is from Colin Sutton/The Sun an ex-Police officer and now a pundit if you will. It does show nicely how unclear things can be (or how easily confused I get!)

Suffolk Police re-evaluated the accuracy of the load weight given to them by Biffa from its hi-tech digital weighing system

SP double check the weight again.

They carried out their own checks with other collection points to work out the weight of the load tipped in at the horseshoe

Is 'they' SP or Biffa? Why would other collection points be checked in any case? Surely the digital weighing system weighed the individual bin in the Horseshoe and the RFID tag would provide the precise data for that exact bin? Just look how simple this system is:

[video=youtube;31YTZ8qqdG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YTZ8qqdG0[/video]

Biffa realised it had misinterpreted their weight data and told police the actual weight collected from the horseshoe was around 100kg (15st 10lb) not 11kg (1st 10lb). Corrie weighs 14st

Right so the re-check was done again by Biffa for SP? This time coming up with a different weight figure?

Do you see now why I'm so confused? And this is just the tip of the iceberg.....And don't get me started on the use of the word 'around' in the above when talking weights!

True, but in that case there's a fair chance that the other chap would have contacted the police or NU to eliminate himself.

I considered that - also whether SP would have the nous to check it, or perhaps it just never was considered?

Not so sure about the other chap in similar clothing contacting the police..... . Sometimes people are doing things they do not want to be made known.

I considered that - also whether SP would have the nous to check it, or perhaps it just never was considered?

Not so sure about the other chap in similar clothing contacting the police..... . Sometimes people are doing things they do not want to be made known.

Yes, but he could have spoken to the family if he wanted to avoid the police. If it was him, and if he was aware of the implications - which he might not be.

According to the video N was in on the one year anniversary, the mistake occurred because SP asked Biffa for the weight of the first pickup. Greggs was the first pickup but either earlier that day or the previous day another pickup had been made which remained in the refuse lorry. The 'first' pickup was the first pickup of the evening route, but not the first load. When SP asked Biffa if the weight was unusual, it wasn't of course. I don't know for certain why SP decided to recheck this info, but I would have an educated guess at pressure from family, MIS, press and virtually everyone else who knows anything abut this case and who couldn't understand why the Biffa angle had been ruled out as a possibility.
N said she would want SP to not just accept what it's told, but to ask whomever is providing the info to prove how they come to that conclusion, which makes perfect sense to everyone but SP presumably. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname