UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think I can remember N saying that they had found rubbish from the right dates but not from Greggs.
Because I wondered what they expected to find since it's a small branch selling mostly takeaway food - so most wrappers, cups etc would be thrown away elsewhere.
Somebody local confirmed that IIRC, saying that there is another, larger Greggs in BSE with eat-in tables.

It's likely that the food to be heated and sold hot, such as pies and sausage rolls, was delivered in cardboard trays which would have had Greggs branding, stock codes and dates on.

Thanks for finding that - I looked for it earlier today but couldn't find it amongst all the other stuff we were discussing at the time.

And I see I was wrong on the phone pings issue. Back then I said that the phone would ping from inside the bin lorry but as we now know that seems to be very unlikely.

It does seem to be a major omission by SP that they did not really bottom out this issue at the time.

Our discussion continued with a poster using a metal filing cabinet where "find my phone" worked so it's not surprising we didn't challenge the finding at the time. I found the page because it was a result on my google search for phone pings and bin lorry.
Perhaps SP can revisit the testing?

It's likely that the food to be heated and sold hot, such as pies and sausage rolls, was delivered in cardboard trays which would have had Greggs branding, stock codes and dates on.

Cardboard. Was it ever established whether the infamous bin was recycling or general rubbish?

Is it at all likely C travelled in the cab with his phone and the driver has just never admitted it for certain reasons?
Only other possibility is C travelling in another vehicle at a similar time or someone else travelling with C 's (stolen/found) phone in the cab of the bin lorry or another vehicle? Did C's pings stay In one area (the HS) for 55 minutes or so from 3.25 to 4.20 a.m. for example?
Only one day left. Looks like Cagney's poll predicted the result .

Is it at all likely C travelled in the cab with his phone and the driver has just never admitted it for certain reasons?

I seem to recall this was discussed fairly soon after the bin lorry connection emerged. I'd say it's more possible than likely, if only because the driver has managed to keep quiet about it for well over a year now. I'd have expected him to let something slip before now if that is what happened. And we would have to account for Corrie being alive but evading all notice since the night he disappeared.

Only other possibility is C travelling in another vehicle at a similar time or someone else travelling with C 's (stolen/found) phone in the cab of the bin lorry or another vehicle? Did C's pings stay In one area (the HS) for 55 minutes or so from 3.25 to 4.20 a.m. for example?

Again, the possibility of the timings and phone pings suggesting him being in another vehicle very close in front of or behind the bin lorry was discussed exhaustively way back when. It was when we were discussing swinging and dogging and whether he might have gone to the swinging site near Barton Mills with someone, IIRC.

I seem to recall this was discussed fairly soon after the bin lorry connection emerged. I'd say it's more possible than likely, if only because the driver has managed to keep quiet about it for well over a year now. I'd have expected him to let something slip before now if that is what happened. And we would have to account for Corrie being alive but evading all notice since the night he disappeared.

Again, the possibility of the timings and phone pings suggesting him being in another vehicle very close in front of or behind the bin lorry was discussed exhaustively way back when. It was when we were discussing swinging and dogging and whether he might have gone to the swinging site near Barton Mills with someone, IIRC.
What about my last suggestion that he lost his phone earlier in the evening and someone else found it and stole it- taking it with them in a vehicle that just happened to closely parallell the bin lorry route to BM where they disposed of it. C attempts to walk home ... or back to car.... doesn't make it.

What about my last suggestion that he lost his phone earlier in the evening and someone else found it and stole it- taking it with them in a vehicle that just happened to closely parallell the bin lorry route to BM where they disposed of it. C attempts to walk home ... or back to car.... doesn't make it.

It's certainly possible that he lost it or it was stolen during the evening. I'm not massively knowledgeable about phones but the fact that it has never been switched on since 8.30am on the morning he disappeared argues against theft. Why nick a phone and not use it, unless it could be used with a different sim card and not flag up its reappearance? However I think the IMEI number is linked to the device regardless of what sim card is in and as far as I know identifies the phone when it pings or connects to a mast. I think if it had ever been live since that morning the police would have managed to trace whoever had it. And they wouldn't have been expecting to find it in the landfill.

For those reasons I think loss is more likely than theft, but if it had been lost in BSE why wouldn't someone hand it in at the police station?

I don't know whether his phone model could be bricked remotely if it was lost or stolen. If it could have been, then it was of no value to anybody.

Police statement

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

"Police are content Corrie is not in the landfill areas which have now been searched. The inquiry team has identified all the other possible locations where waste has been deposited from the area in Bury St Edmunds known as the ‘horseshoe’ and there are no further realistic search opportunities at this time"

Wondering does that mean there are parts of the landfill he still could be in but they are unable to search it due to contamination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering does that mean there are parts of the landfill he still could be in but they are unable to search it due to contamination?

Or that the other waste was scattered over such a wide area or is now buried so deep that no further search is feasible.

I think most of us on here never believed he was in the landfill. I’m guessing very little other evidence exists so it seems like this was either very well planned or someone knows what they’re doing. I would be looking into his past

Scenarios:

1) Corrie was in the bin but managed to get out and have some kind of accident trying to walk home
2) Corrie was in the bin but managed to get out and went to meet someone, and it all went wrong
3) Corrie was in the bin and ended up at one of the waste sites but hasn't been found
4) Corrie got a lift in the bin lorry cab and befell either accident or incident
5) Corrie got a lift in another vehicle and ditto above
6) Corrie somehow bypassed the cameras on foot and ditto above.

Things I still wonder about:

Focus 7. There could have been unofficial residents in there, and it is right next to where C was last seen. If there were people in the building they would not want to admit it. Drugs possibility. Had days to dispose / clean up.

The 100kg+ bin weight. If not a person, what weighed so much? Did we ascertain that the actual bin gets weighed, or it it the total weight of the lorry? What / who caused the initial weight mix up at Biffa?

Red Lodge. Looks a bit dodge to me in google images (which are quite old). Could there have been a cover up? Could the bin driver be involved? What was all that confusion in the early days about who was driving?

The American air base. Wasn't searched. Rumours of party nearby. Corrie was usually out with an American pal.

The sex life. I would not be surprised, given what we have seen on the swinging sites, if Corrie went to meet someone for a bit of fun.

The nightclub bouncer / manager. Can't remember who now, but one of them said something which was disproved by CCTV. Why lie? Not sure Corrie was as popular as portrayed, perhaps was being a pain in the arse that night.

I'm sure I've missed loads of ideas out.... what does everyone else think happened?!?!

The nightclub bouncer / manager. Can't remember who now, but one of them said something which was disproved by CCTV. Why lie? Not sure Corrie was as popular as portrayed, perhaps was being a pain in the arse that night.

Do you have a MSM link for this?

“The mother of missing airman Corrie McKeague has admitted that he is not buried in a landfill after police ended their 27-week search of the huge site.
Search and recovery teams scoured 9,000 tonnes of rubbish in the hope of finding traces of the missing man.

Police have so far spent £1.5m looking for Corrie, 23, who disappeared following a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, in September 2016.

It was thought he climbed into a waste bin and was 'disposed of through the waste disposal process', leading cops to search for his body at the landfill site in Milton, Cambridgeshire.

But no evidence of him has been found and police officially announced the end of the search today.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ill-search-Corrie-McKeague.html#ixzz50zTwGS4N

I’m really feeling for Corries family facing another Christmas without him and not knowing what’s happened to him.
I don’t think he is still alive and I never really thought he’d be found in the landfill. Im more inclined now to believe foul play was behind his disappearance.

Do you have a MSM link for this?

Nah, just my own head, not good enough I know! It was something to do with the manager or doorman saying what happened when Corrie arrived, and Nicola raging that she had seen the footage and it didn't happen the way it was described.

Reallyodds link explains it, it was all just a misunderstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member