UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We discussed this before I think....if you are drunk and asleep in your car it is illegal

Is it illegal to sleep in your car in the UK?

It is illegal to be drunk (or under the influence of drugs) in your vehicle. It doesn’t matter that you’re not driving it, that you’re asleep, that you have no intention of driving or that you thought you were doing the sensible thing by sleeping it off. Even if you’re on private land it’s still illegal and if you’re found drunk and asleep in your vehicle you could be prosecuted.

We discussed this before I think....if you are drunk and asleep in your car it is illegal

Is it illegal to sleep in your car in the UK?

It is illegal to be drunk (or under the influence of drugs) in your vehicle. It doesn’t matter that you’re not driving it, that you’re asleep, that you have no intention of driving or that you thought you were doing the sensible thing by sleeping it off. Even if you’re on private land it’s still illegal and if you’re found drunk and asleep in your vehicle you could be prosecuted.
What you would and shouldn’t do are two separate things. Sitting in the car drinking and driving is not allowed either. I would think sleeping in the bin never crossed Corrie’s mind that night imo x

There was a similar case here in Australia where the missing person's mobile phone data matched the time and route of the garbage truck,

There was CCTV of the woman near some charity bins but none that showed her getting into a bin.

More to this lads disappearance than what's been published. One thing that bothers me about the lads disappearance is the reticence of his commanding officer. OMHI but I'm still convinced this lads will eventually show up alive.

More to this lads disappearance than what's been published. One thing that bothers me about the lads disappearance is the reticence of his commanding officer. OMHI but I'm still convinced this lads will eventually show up alive.
Do you believe Corrie is awol chris :) I seriously doubt it. Do you refer to Mick Smeath as commanding officer? x

Yeah I think he is AWOL and yes refer to his Mick Smith his commanding officer.

Reticence in what respect? He will have been advised what was allowed to be discussed.

Am I missing something? Didn't the police conference a while ago say Corrie had been known to sleep in bins in previous nights out?
Maybe he didnt have his car nearby on those occasions? Was that mentioned?

Yes, although I'm not sure where they got the information from.

Also, I can't see where in the article it states who has said it. Perhaps I'm missing it.

Either way, the Sun probably wouldn't have printed it if it wasn't the line the police were wanting to take.

Also, I can't see where in the article it states who has said it. Perhaps I'm missing it.

Either way, the Sun probably wouldn't have printed it if it wasn't the line the police were wanting to take.
I believe his friends from base, who post on sites like Fact or Fiction. Not sure they were good friends to be honest, and they only suggested corrie had fallen asleep once near a bin bag. This suited SP line of investigation or tunnel vision imo x

Last edited:
Yes, although I'm not sure where they got the information from.

The police wouldn't have published a name if it was someone in the military who gave a statement, other than a verified individual such as the Station Commander. There are regulations around security and dealings with the media, and the airmen involved would not be allowed to speak direct to the press or start publishing on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie