UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony also said:

"​As a result of those tests it has been assessed that he could not have left on foot without being picked up by one of the cameras. Can we say it was forensically impossible - no. "

Which suggests an element of doubt - however small.

Tony was obviously alluding to the possibility that Corrie was taken through the exit via a vehicle when he said "forensically possible". It's plain English.

Perhaps as my old dad would say where he went from that bay isn't the important part because we know he left there. The important question is with who. If you can find who he was anticipating to meet you've got it (excluding a chance kidnap from strangers)

I'm losing track here, but hopefully someone else will remember the early comments more clearly and be able to answer this question: where did we get the info that the bin lorry was collecting recyclables?

My point is that if the bin lorry was carrying 'rubbish' to a 'landfill' (as Nicola is quoted as saying) and it was not in fact a recycling bin lorry, then it increases the chance that Corrie accidentally dropped his phone into a rubbish bin while throwing his takeaway remains away. We know the bin lorry was seen in the same area as Corrie was last seen, but perhaps it emptied other bins too along the way and picked up his phone that way?

He waits two hours, pops for a pee...and something happens.
But why doesn't the person he's meeting come forward.

He isn't waiting, pops for a pee...and something happens
A serious random attack, with someone that has a car.
(add in, they keep him there to past 0800)

He is waiting for someone, pops for a pee, returns...and they go off.
Something happens somewhere else

He is waiting for someone, heads there...they go off from there.
Something happens somewhere else

There isn't really that many options

I'm losing track here, but hopefully someone else will remember the early comments more clearly and be able to answer this question: where did we get the info that the bin lorry was collecting recyclables?

My point is that if the bin lorry was carrying 'rubbish' to a 'landfill' (as Nicola is quoted as saying) and it was not in fact a recycling bin lorry, then it increases the chance that Corrie accidentally dropped his phone into a rubbish bin while throwing his takeaway remains away. We know the bin lorry was seen in the same area as Corrie was last seen, but perhaps it emptied other bins too along the way and picked up his phone that way?

I don't remember where the recyclables came from, I'll have a look back later.

Was he carrying rubbish on the cctv?

I don't remember where the recyclables came from, I'll have a look back later.

Was he carrying rubbish on the cctv?

Not that I could see - so he'd already chucked it (and potentially his phone) by that point.

I imagine we are going to be flipped onto thread #4 fairly soon.

One thing which threads #2 and #3 have lacked which I have seen here in similar US cases is that each new thread does not start with a summary of information to date so that newcomers can get up to speed PDQ.

Unfortunately there are just too many contradictions and backtrackings in Corrie's case for that to be possible, because when all is said and done we actually know very little from reliable sources.

I'll get onto that rapid and post a 'SPECULATIVE' as soon as it does for ease. :)

It came from "the police" I think.
They first mentioned it in a conference.
I'll see if it on youtube.

Have thought of that...as he wasn't carrying rubbish BUT there aren't any "big bins" nearer (within a 1 minute walk).
I think Biffa are just contracted for their bins, not council bins.

I find it odd that CCTV cameras would even be in use that aren't hi-res enough to pick up a license plate or even make/model of car. That seems pretty foolish to me. If they're there to deter crime, shouldn't they be capable of a resolution that at a minimum can identify a criminal by face or vehicle, and then possibly be used as evidence in court?

And yes, I've heard the argument that maybe the cars they're looking for were too far away - but coming *and* going? Please.

Even if the license plates had been fake, the police could have eliminated all the local make/model/color of that particular car pretty quickly. But it sounds like the cameras were pretty bush league.

I may be wrong, but honestly no screw up in this case would surprise me at this point.

It came from "the police" I think.
They first mentioned it in a conference.
I'll see if it on youtube.

Have thought of that...as he wasn't carrying rubbish BUT there aren't any "big bins" nearer (within a 1 minute walk).
I think Biffa are just contracted for their bins, not council bins.

And it was definitely Biffa? Was that from the police conference too? I'll see if I can find it as well..

Not that I could see - so he'd already chucked it (and potentially his phone) by that point.

The bins collected by the lorry in question were in the loading bay, I believe they emptied just one (but bit confirmed) so if he didn't have his rubbish walking round that corner on cctv, he didn't chuck his phone in the bin with the rubbish (to essentially by collected by the bin)

I just mean that his exiting that area would be on cctv even if he isn't visible. So if three vehicles are shown leaving that area and he's in one of them he's shown leaving regardless of whether you knew he was there, if that makes sense!

As for using the word car I assume it's easier than vehicle, from what we do know vaguely about vehicle movements it seems there were a few cars moving about in the area.

sorry, but how could Corrie be SHOwn leaving the area if he was hidden in a car/boot/bin and couldn't be seen?

Have they ever confirmed they can't get any of the vehicle details from cctv? Or is that assumption based on the appeal for details?

The police haven't confirmed anything in this entire case, except that they're "100% certain there was no third party involvement" (a day or so after the crime was reported!), oh, and that they "have absolutely no leads" (lies).

But the fact they still have several vehicles outstanding they haven't been able to trace (per Nicola, for what it's worth) certainly gives me pause.

Possibly - but I still think he could have gone in there to, er, drain out the alcohol. I know some have asked why didn't he just do it in the doorway he'd been passed out in, but really - that's pretty sketchy behavior to do that right in the middle of the town square. I'd go around the corner.

But that he could have met someone is definitely very plausible to me. Or done both, really.

I can see that to a point, but that doesn't explain why he jogged to the end of the walkway, abruptly turned left, stopped, looked all around in confusion as though searching for someone, and then SLOWLY headed towards the bin area. A man needing a pee doesn't do that.

To suggest his phone was in the bin suggests he hung around in that bay and was forcibly removed from his phone, a harder feat to do undetected.
I agree. It seems to me no great mystery. I have a feeling for it. I have the tshirt.
The phone in the bin scenario is perfectly explainable IMHO. Simple misplace ten into/onto a black bin bag or cardboard box, a bin man doing his job and collecting the rubbish adjacent to the bin, phone travels to Barton Mills, Corrie's fate unknown (although I suspect he's realised he's dropped his phone and the bin man has collected it and followed in a car).

sorry, but how could Corrie be SHOwn leaving the area if he was hidden in a car/boot/bin and couldn't be seen?

Not physically seen, but if three cars drove past and he was in the boot of one you know he left in one of three cars shown on cctv, it would be a case of determining which one.

He didn't magic out of there after all, so if his leaving is captured on cctv and not hindered by blind spots, then you have his exit vehicle on cctv.

If you subscribe to the idea he was in a bin then when the bin lorry is shown leaving the bay, you see Corrie exiting the bay (even if you don't know it yet)

I'm struggling with other ways to put it lol. But basically there will be evidence of him leaving even if it's cctv footage of a car with him in the boot. Until you rule out all vehicles you can't say he wasn't in any one of them.

I agree. It seems to me no great mystery. I have a feeling for it. I have the tshirt.
The phone in the bin scenario is perfectly explainable IMHO. Simple misplace ten into/onto a black bin bag or cardboard box, a bin man doing his job and collecting the rubbish adjacent to the bin, phone travels to Barton Mills, Corrie's fate unknown (although I suspect he's realised he's dropped his phone and the bin man has collected it and followed in a car).

Alternatively, remember the item he dropped? Was it his phone and now damaged and even more peeved he's decided to lob it in the bin whilst checking it and having a pee?

I can see that to a point, but that doesn't explain why he jogged to the end of the walkway, abruptly turned left, stopped, looked all around in confusion as though searching for someone, and then SLOWLY headed towards the bin area. A man needing a pee doesn't do that.

Perhaps he was checking his lift wasn't there before he lost sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member