UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accoding to nicola based on earlier post from jessie coda rosa link he is on cctv parking up on robert boby. I have been trying to clarify exactly where on Robert boby to no avail but it can be seen on cctv says nicola. Is that not true then?

There are only two disabled bays on Robert Boby Way so we know specifically where he parked. This link goes right to the very spot: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1scDFRhTOlUQ7C6ZJilBX5zw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Maybe it is simply since the Streetview images are from October 2015 a new camera has been installed right on the street?

So, why is it they are trying to identify people who's route in and out of the area "is known" ?

Like you, I just don't get it.

Requests have repeatedly been made (from the beginning) for anyone (pedestrian or vehicle) in or around BSE in the timeframe to make contact. Even if it was unlikely they saw Corrie.....they may just have seen someone/thing else that could help construct the puzzle.

Have we ?

The silver car is not one of the "three vehicles".
And then there's the blue car (which would have been picked up on the other CCTV down the One Way System)

Tony said " three cars in the horseshoe area".
I have seen nada of those vehicles.
James, I don't think he said 3 cars he said vehicles. We have been shown a car, van and bike I believe. But I will check the update. I think all the cards are on the table now and there's nothing else to be released.

I just went to the map as well. The thing is I need a shot of Corrie on the Cornhill camera and if he passed that, it would be the route to go home via the villages, and it would take Corrie to Eastgate Street which has a long bridge over and by the side of the River Lark. Someone drunk could easily get up onto that wall and slip. Can the locals tell us if he could have slipped into the river down there?

ETA obviously there's no sight of Corrie on the Cornhill camera. Could he have been obscured by someone walking closer to the camera than he was and one of those 1 in 10000 shots that obscures someone by pure chance?

ETA 2 would there be any more CCTV from down there? And would the police have collected CCTV from the route from McD's to the end of Eastgate Street?

ETA 3 which way does the river flow?

ETA 4 is anybody here? Every time we've looked at water we were looking north of this place from the Tesco roundabout and above/east. We never followed the road straight to its natural conclusion! Inebriated male, finished clubbing, walks home, finds water, falls in it!

Shire: There is! 3 cars.

Because we were told quite early on that there were 4 vehicles IN the horseshoe between 1 and 8 or 3 and 8 one of which was the bin lorry. The 3 cars (or, vehicles, its true we don't know their type, make or model) IN the horseshoe are the close knit secret. Look at street view. Watch the anglia report. Watch the forces TV doc. There's always something parked in that tight hole. No wonder the pub next door was a brothel once..

At least, that's my understanding of missing vehicular information right now! :)

I just went to the map as well. The thing is I need a shot of Corrie on the Cornhill camera and if he passed that, it would be the route to go home via the villages, and it would take Corrie to Eastgate Street which has a long bridge over and by the side of the River Lark. Someone drunk could easily get up onto that wall and slip. Can the locals tell us if he could have slipped into the river down there?

ETA obviously there's no sight of Corrie on the Cornhill camera. Could he have been obscured by someone walking closer to the camera than he was and one of those 1 in 10000 shots that obscures someone by pure chance?

ETA 2 would there be any more CCTV from down there? And would the police have collected CCTV from the route from McD's to the end of Eastgate Street?

BBM.

Yes. A camera is there right next to the A14 bridge: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sfNfAdGSOKIZnXKG7IGtLag!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Going back to what I said a few pages ago about Corrie going back to his car! I've had a look again, this time on my laptop and I think the clue of what had happened is more than likely back at the beginning.
Why did he choose to walk down Brentgrovel Street? If he was heading back to base on foot he would carry on straight up St Andrew's from Pizza Mama Mia. Whereas if he was heading to his car he would carry on down St Andrew's St and turn right into Robert Boby Way!
So why did he turn onto Brentgrovel Street? If he was attempting to walk home or go back to his car, he would be walking back on himself either way!
Some have suggested he was awaiting a lift and slept through it but as we have not seen the cctv we don't really know why he chose hughes doorway to sit in. I suggested maybe good wifi, others have suggested a good place to finish his grub.

ETA 4 is anybody here? Every time we've looked at water we were looking north of this place from the Tesco roundabout and above/east. We never followed the road straight to its natural conclusion! Inebriated male, finished clubbing, walks home, finds water, falls in it!

SLD286, would you be able to help us out with this?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Requests have repeatedly been made (from the beginning) for anyone (pedestrian or vehicle) in or around BSE in the timeframe to make contact. Even if it was unlikely they saw Corrie.....they may just have seen someone/thing else that could help construct the puzzle.

That's the point, but not sure you're getting it. It isn't cryptic, it's just "thinking".

If they are trying to ID something, then they must know what that something is (or could be) !

It goes back to the very first statements of "unwillingly or willingly".
No one "sees" he gets in a car, but the assumption is "he does".So
they are trying to prove "he does".

I doubt he even mentioned to his family "what he gets upto".

Thanks, that's the direction I mean. I know I've probably got all excited for nothing but I'm going to try to make a map and see if I can show you what I'm thinking.

Please do. I have always thought it would be much safer on foot to walk that way and up the A143 then Brand Road through Great Livermere.

Well this is the thing they're not really talking about. Short Brackland, its role and what happens when you use it.

That said, for the first time, Short Brackland is actually in question, on the website, were you in this street? etc

If they're all sitting quiet on the Short Brackland theories then they are presumably the most important. Because less info is more in terms of ID's and finding out WTF people were up to in it.

Another point we must remember is that whilst we know it now as "the horseshoe", there's no indication Corrie knew it as such, so IMO we must think about movements and such based on street-names. Was he meeting someone on Brentgrovel? On Short Brackland? Near MacDonalds? Whatever it is, I bet the "horseshoe" was never actually used as a definitive term on the day.

Ah see there my friend you may have stumbled upon the issue in question. Now, as a seasoned 'outdoor' type I know the value of a sheltered environment and an accurate grid reference. If you ain't got the GR then it's gonna fall down to the mk1 eyeball and word of mouth as to a location.
Perhaps Corrie new it as the 'Horseshoe' and the other person didn't? Perhaps the other person knew it as the 'Horseshoe' and Corrie didn't? I'd go for the later as it would explain a two hour wait in the 'sheltered' wrong place AND the stumble to....er....what was it called again.....er.....oh yeh, the 'Horseshoe'. Bugger, I'm in the wrong place!!

We can extrapolate from that many things. We can infer that if the driver knows it as the 'Horseshoe' then they must be fairly familiar with the area, at least down to end of street knowledge. To be fairly familiar, they would need to be very knowledgeable of the towns streets and thoroughfares. Again, if the 'wrong way/one way' car is thrown into the mix, that suggests to me someone who is equally at home taking risks just like Corrie.

Food for thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the top pic the screen splits in two and the left hand pic mid far right has a blue dot which presumably was robert boby way. I had a comment about this that said this was a lay by with 12 places and the poster gave parking restrictions. What is this blue dot on the top pic left hand side very small?

The little blue symbol hasn't been added, it just marks a bus stop on the underlying map. And if you can see the little orange figure a bit higher up, that shows the viewpoint (on Robert Boby Way) from which the image down at street-view level is seen from.

Thanks, that's the direction I mean. I know I've probably got all excited for nothing but I'm going to try to make a map and see if I can show you what I'm thinking.

Personally I would be sooo glad of a map. I have walked streetview a lot and got lost.

I used to live in Eastgate Street, right by the bridge over the Lark, which ran down right behind my house. I'd say it would be very hard to fall in the river from the bridge, you'd have to make a decision to vault over the railings. Also at that time of year it wouldn't be much more than a foot, maybe a foot and a half deep. The river flows away from the centre of town towards Tescos, plus there's a weir, which was about thirty feet from the back of my house. Got up one Sunday morning to find the police pulling the body of an old lady out of the river: she'd got stuck on the weir. Apparantly she'd jumped in the river some distance upstream and drowned, poor old love.

attachment.php

Red map pin is the horseshoe and the corner of the Cornhill shopping centre.

The green pins are the route to the river

The orange pin is where Eastgate St crosses the river

(self-made image on a Google maps base)

Attachments

• BSE1.jpg
    BSE1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 808

If the Lark hasnt been searched at that point I would be surprised. How far is that from the bin area? I think the river would flow east but not sure as I don't know BSE. Sometimes the obvious is overlooked sadly as we all know.

Yes.... its a few pages back. It's where this conversation began.

He parked in a disabled bay.
There are no "time restrictions" on a disabled bay.... and why should there be (a poster ask previous "what are the restrictions !).

It is "for disabled drivers".
Maybe they become "non disabled" after 10pm ????
Or not !

EDIT. Someone has just kindly bumped the post.

I think you might be referring to my post, near where I live there are disabled spaces near some shops but the restriction only applies during the day. After a certain time the spaces are open to anyone so when the shops are shut there's no need to keep the spaces by the door for disabled shoppers.

I don't suppose this is the only example of this in England, people local to me would describe these as the disabled spaces but could also quite legally park in them after 10pm

That's the point, but not sure you're getting it. It isn't cryptic, it's just "thinking".

If they are trying to ID something, then they must know what that something is (or could be) !

It goes back to the very first statements of "unwillingly or willingly".
No one "sees" he gets in a car, but the assumption is "he does".So
they are trying to prove "he does".

I doubt he even mentioned to his family "what he gets upto".

My point is just, I guess, different to yours...

Whilst there may indeed be a certain something they are looking to ID there is also nothing they are looking to ID (now who's being cryptic)

...so what I mean by that is many requests went out for everyone in the area that night/morning to come forward just to say "I was there, didn't see Corrie....I saw a guy riding a bike going ..... " an example response from someone who saw nothing relevant but that person's nothing was recorded nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike