UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but perhaps they have the visual of him in doorway going back to sleep?

He could have potentially had his phone until 8am so it has to be the last known use of his phone. I wonder if calls through WhatsApp and Facebook are recorded so police can access the call logs?

But how could they know that if they cannot access app data? (Such as WhatsApp)

Very, very good point. Word of mouth? Which means the person who received it has come forward or it's been taken on face value. Hence my earlier comment on the 'gay/bisexual theory'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I meant how do they know it was the last time he used his phone, sorry I should have been clearer.

Ah right. I'm not sure if they can.
I know that the mast or network provider could possibly provide incoming/outgoing data "events" in addition to the phone simply pinging a mast to say hello or goodbye.
However, I don't know if those data "events" gleaned from a mast/network provider, can be shown to be more specific than just "this phone sent data out and received data in" or a network carried SMS or MMS.
So possibly he did use some sort of messaging app after 0308 but it would only show as data in/out.
Only "pings" have been mentioned by the family. The police however said that "data analysis" leads them to suspect Corrie/his phone were in Mildenhall between 4-8am on Saturday.
As per the October 2nd police update.

Ah right. I'm not sure if they can.
I know that the mast or network provider could possibly provide incoming/outgoing data "events" as opposed to the phone simply pinging a mast to say hello or goodbye.
However, I don't know if those data "events" gleaned from a mast/network provider, can be shown to be more specific than just "this phone sent data out and received data in" or a network carried SMS or MMS.
So possibly he did use some sort of messaging app after 0308 but it would only show as data in/out.
Only "pings" have been mentioned by the family. The police however said that "data analysis" leads them to suspect Corrie/his phone were in Mildenhall between 4-8am on Saturday.
As per the October 2nd police update.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and suggest that if he used a particular messaging app at 0308, he'd have been using it during the day (and prior to that).
Where does that leave us if it's Whatsapp?

Last phone ping at BSE mast area was 0430.
Phone entered BM mast area 0458.
Phone stopped working at BM mast area at approx 0800.

O430 at mildenhall i.e. BM not BSE. Where is source for 0458 ?
Do we have a source for the 0458 as LE say 0430? How do we come up with 0458? I have asked before but it has nt been answered yet.

I just get the feeling that the phone may hold the key. Especially these timings.

Police made an appeal requesting assistance to trace three people believed to be aged 16 to 18 who were spotted by the bin lorry driver on Cornhill Walk shopping centre on Short Brackland, Bury, at around 4.20am on September 24. They are described as a white female, of quite slim build, possibly with blonde hair wearing either a dark green or navy blue jumper-style top, and two males, one wearing a hooded top. These three have been identified and spoken too.

November 2nd update

Again though, I'm not sure we have the facts on this. It was originally stated that the 3 teenagers were spotted on private CCTV and had been reported by a lady who had heard them arguing at around 4.20am.
i think it was a considerable amount of time later that it was confirmed that the bin man had seen them at 4.20am

Dc I said earlier and double checked the website timeline says that 3.08 is last time he used phone.

But how could they know that if they cannot access app data? (Such as WhatsApp)

On this point I think the website is loosley worded, IMO it should say that it's the last time they know for sure it was used. I can't prove that but it's been posted more than once that multiple apps don't show up on the network.

JMO

Do we have a source for the 0458 as LE say 0430? How do we come up with 0458? I have asked before but it has nt been answered yet.

Police statement October 2nd: "Enquiries and information received over the past week have led police to believe he may have been in the Mildenhall area at some point between 4.30am and 8am on Saturday 24 September, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or spoken to a man matching Corrie’s description in this area around this time"

I don't know where 0458 came from either

On this point I think the website is loosley worded, IMO it should say that it's the last time they know for sure it was used. I can't prove that but it's been posted more than once that multiple apps don't show up on the network.

JMO
Perhaps they know for sure it was binned or perhaps they have someone else's phone data or perhaps they have the phone already and are holding back info - we only have bits of the puzzle IMO.

As I said, I have many screenshots we can no longer refer to regarding the timing of the pings and more specifically that the driver didn't go into the horseshoe until after he saw the teens at 4.20

The bse ping at 4.30 and the bm ping at 4.58 is also why there is that 28 minute window of travelling from one place to the other which is why it's strange as a car could do the journey much quicker

A thought struck me earlier this morning..

Corrie's evening's event's weren't unusual we were lead to believe.

So was Corrie drinking in his car (if/ when he had driven previously) a usual thing to do? ( offence)
Parking in a disabled bay ( offence)

Did he always park in same area as usual?.

Corrie's whole night was covered by cctv, we have been told..until he went around the corner at the horseshoe.

I just don't understand how he can just vanish?

As I said, I have many screenshots we can no longer refer to regarding the timing of the pings and more specifically that the driver didn't go into the horseshoe until after he saw the teens at 4.20

The bse ping at 4.30 and the bm ping at 4.58 is also why there is that 28 minute window of travelling from one place to the other which is why it's strange as a car could do the journey much quicker

But why do the police say that their data analysis puts the phone/Corrie in Mildenhall between 4.30 and 8am?
I would have to wonder which statement we take to be correct. The family who say there was a BSE ping at 4.30 or the police who seem to be saying he was in Mildenhall at 4.30?

A thought struck me earlier this morning..

Corrie's evening's event's weren't unusual we were lead to believe.

So was Corrie drinking in his car (if/ when he had driven previously) a usual thing to do? ( offence)
Parking in a disabled bay ( offence)

Did he always park in same area as usual?.

Corrie's whole night was covered by cctv, we have been told..until he went around the corner at the horseshoe.

I just don't understand how he can just vanish?

I don't think it's that unusual when you consider short brackland is incredibly close to residential areas with no cctv.

But why do the police say that their data analysis puts the phone/Corrie in Mildenhall between 4.30 and 8am?
I would have to wonder which statement we take to be correct. The family who say there was a BSE ping at 4.30 or the police who seem to be saying he was in Mildenhall at 4.30?

I would say because the last ping in bse was 4.30, perhaps they consider this a "leaving" ping? As the next one was on a different mast. I'm unsure really.

I would say because the last ping in bse was 4.30, perhaps they consider this a "leaving" ping? As the next one was on a different mast. I'm unsure really.
Does the family say the last ping was 0430 at BSE mast? Is there a link for this and the 28 minutes? If not we should say it is an estimate or clarify it fully as it is important.

Police statement October 2nd: "Enquiries and information received over the past week have led police to believe he may have been in the Mildenhall area at some point between 4.30am and 8am on Saturday 24 September, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or spoken to a man matching Corrie’s description in this area around this time"

I don't know where 0458 came from either

Was this a verbal statement given by the family or the police? I can't find anything but feel sure it was from an official source. Anyone?

I think this is why the tachograph data was studied to see if the bin lorry had stopped between BSE and Mildenhall for any period of time? I think it was reported it didn't. I'd love to know the full result of the more detailed check.

Dcflag said:
I don't think it's that unusual when you consider short brackland is incredibly close to residential areas with no cctv.

I thought/said this in the early days but having studied all the camera locations it doesn't seem to be a valid reason. The camera on Eastgate Street near the A14 bridge is right outside two houses for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark