UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
"From day one, I was being told that it was being treated as a homicide, without any evidence or a body.

Well this is very odd indeed because I'm sure that Tony stated that the reason the family was unhappy with the police was because the police had ruled out 'any third-party involvement' from the start and were basing their investigations on that!

Unfortunately I've not go ttime this morning to try to find his comment about that - does anyone else remember him saying that? I'll be back with a source later today but if anyone else remembers this it would be helpful.

Quick questions....... which way did the bin lorry leave the horseshoe? Down Short Brackland or past Greenwoods?

Also, I'm thinking Corrie knew there was a shortcut back via the carpark on the other side of the horseshoe, but instead of going down one of the snickets accidently (slightly boozed, just woken up & disorientated) went into the horseshoe instead of thru the snicket, thru the car park and back down to where his car was. Maybe he was thinking, food, nap and drive back (initially). We don't know if has has or hasn't done that before.

Also, can someone reconfirm the time the bin lorry arrived in the horse shoe.
And, wouldn't the bin lorry have a tracker????!

The bin lorry could only have left via Short Brackland or Looms Lane as there is no vehicular access back to Greenwoods.

I would be interested too in the official timing of the bin lorry as I have heard 3 different versions and only one can be right.

Unless the police / family have information that we are not privy to (not unlikely) then I don't see how this case could be "homicide without a body" from day one. I'm probably not the only person following this thread who saw "young male missing, alcohol involved" and immediately thought "he's in a body of water somewhere".

Oh how I wish we could have all the relevant info but as we can't, just accurate info would be useful! :gaah:

Going back to the subject of Corrie being seen on CCTV drinking in his car.

I would think that this is probably true as Nicola volunteered that information at a later date, admitting that it was an offence and Corrie shouldn't have done it. I would think that the Police maybe spoke to her about it.

Thanks Polo, Of course! I don't know why I kept considering ShortBrackland as a dead end (as we keep being told), it isn't and you can easily get a vehicle past the front of the Cornhill shopping Centre

I was being told that it was being treated as a homicide, without any evidence or a body

I think here, much confusion can be made. But why you'd want to make confusion, I haven't a clue. It's all getting VERY political.

The key word is "treated".
That means "something officially isn't" BUT "we're taking it very seriously as it may turn out not to be a person who has gone missing"

Not sure there are bin lorry specifics out there yet, but it's something like:

Bin lorry in Horseshoe (3.30 - 4.30am)

Corrie's phone pings on Bury mast: 4.00am

Corrie's phone pings on Barton Mills mast: 4.30am (and continues to ping the mast til 8am)

Known journey time for bin lorry roughly 30 mins.

So my guess would be it arriving and departing in a 3.45 - 4.15am window, maybe a little bit earlier, 3.35 - 4.05. Either way, it had to reach the outer radius of BM phone mast at around 4.30am.

But it's true, I don't think there any concrete times on the bin lorry out there.

[FONT=&amp]0400 approx*: Mobile phone detected within range of Bury St Edmunds mast.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT] [FONT=&amp]0800 approx*: Mobile phone detected within range of mast near Barton Mills, approximately 12 miles to the north-west of Bury St Edmunds. No further indication of the phone's whereabouts after this time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT] [FONT=&amp]* NB: It is now confirmed that the phone took 28 minutes to travel from the Bury St Edmunds area to Barton Mills area. This timing is believed to coincide with the movement of a private bin lorry which made a collection of 11kg of recyclables from a single bin at the point of the last sighting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
(and a user comment):
[/FONT]3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found.
The timings of the movement of the phone match that of a bin lorry known to have travelled between the towns at the time. The bin lorry is seized. The phone is not found.

http://shadwellsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/timeline-corrie-mckeague.html

Lack of resources
Withholding information from the family
Not following up leads
Incompetence
Betrayal

It comes across as the police are trying to conduct an investigation.. ...but are constantly fighting a rear guard action from part of the family who are telling them "how" this should be investigated.

I've deleted my earlier post until I can find more information about what I wrote in post #21.
It sounds as if this is now getting into conspiracy theory territory. It's not surprising it's so confusing.

Conspiracy theories eh! Heh... well, we did talk about Honnington and its role as the RAF Police HQ back in thread 2 or 3 and why it has been ultimately silent on the whole thing... still.

Something else to note:

Nicola side of family:
Dislikes police
Dislikes Websleuth's (us)
Dislikes Corrie's father's side of family
Likes Facebook
Likes JustGiving funds (that goal keeps going up without explanation)
Seemingly prefer their own info via uncle tony

Dad side of family:
Dislikes mother's side
Likes police
No comments on Websleuth's
Privately funded reward
Seemingly prefer the police lines of enquiry

My point is the outpouring of support goes to the mother's side but they are clearly the more "difficult"?

EDIT. That said I'm not personally in the know about the source of the 50k reward, if thats the dad's side reward, mothers side, a joint reward or whatnot. Not sure that the justgiving has anything to do with reward money.

Corrie's phone pings on Barton Mills mast: 4.30am (and continues to ping the mast til 8am)

So my guess would be it arriving and departing in a 3.45 - 4.15am window, maybe a little bit earlier, 3.35 - 4.05. Either way, it had to reach the outer radius of BM phone mast at around 4.30am.

But it's true, I don't think there any concrete times on the bin lorry out there.

According to the family the phone last pinged Barton Mills mast at approximately 5am

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/has-corries-phone-been-checked/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He arrives in town on his own.
Why didn't he come with his mates ?

He parks in a Disabled Bay.
Is he coming back to his car before the restrictions kick ?

He sits and drinks in his car for an hour.
Pre loading ? Depressed ? In no rush to catch his mates ?

He is asked to leave Flex early
What was his behaviour and state of mind like in the club ?

He stays in Bury for two hours
Is he waiting in Bury for someone ?

He walks into Short Brackland
Is he going for a pee or to meet someone ?

You see, the police can't just say "clearly this is murder". He could have gone absent without leave. He could have gone somewhere with someone and had an accident trying to get home from there.

There are a thousand an one things to consider, taking everything as equal. The police cannot simply be directed by what the family tell them happened...when in truth, no body knows.

Could the phone pings be connected to corrie walking back out unseen then falling in the Lark and then being carried along in the river to the BM mast area? Looks like the river flows that way. Could the flow be 12mph? Has the river been searched at the BM end? We had a young boy actually seen falling in our local river and rescue attempts were begun immediately but sadly he was never found. In Corrie's case he was not even reported missing till almost three days later.

I think myself and a couple of previous posters (James?) tried to work back from a presumed shift time of 0300 (or 0330) which was stated by an insider. It was (and is) such a fluid environment that the times were just left as a 'best bet guess' and inconclusive if I remember correctly.

I think we laid the 'facts' down as the skeleton and put the meat around the bones so to speak:
'0420: Bin Man saw three teenagers in Shortbrackland...'

0300: Shift start time & vehicle checked
0340: Vehicle departs for SB
0400: Bin man enters SB
0405: Driver fills in collection paperwork.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure
0420: Bin man sees three teenagers in SB
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure
0430: Bin man departs SB for BM
0500: Bin lorry arrives at BM roundabout.

0308: Corrie sends/receives photo image from Hughes.
0430: Corrie's phone left the BSE mast area.
0458: Corrie's phone enters BM mast area.
0800: Corrie's phone goes silent within the BM mast area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that you've laid the timings out like that it strikes me that Nicola's timing for the bin lorry entering the area of 4.20 (which ties in with the sighting of the teens) doesn't leave much time for the phone to ping the BM mast at 4.30

I'll see if there's an MSM link for the 4.20 arrival time but in the meantime this is JMO

Now that you've laid the timings out like that it strikes me that Nicola's timing for the bin lorry entering the area of 4.20 (which ties in with the sighting of the teens) doesn't leave much time for the phone to ping the BM mast at 4.30

I'll see if there's an MSM link for the 4.20 arrival time but in the meantime this is JMO

I'm under the impression IT LEFT BSE at 0430 and entered BM at 0458?
JMI

I think myself and a couple of previous posters (James?) tried to work back from a presumed shift time of 0300 (or 0330) which was stated by an insider. It was (and is) such a fluid environment that the times were just left as a 'best bet guess' and inconclusive if I remember correctly.

I think we laid the 'facts' down as the skeleton and put the meat around the bones so to speak:
'0420: Bin Man saw three teenagers in Shortbrackland...'

0300: Shift start time & vehicle checked
0340: Vehicle departs for SB
0400: Bin man enters SB
0405: Driver fills in collection paperwork.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure
0420: Bin man sees three teenagers in SB
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure
0430: Bin man departs SB for BM
0500: Bin lorry arrives at BM roundabout.

0308: Corrie sends/receives photo image from Hughes.
0430: Corrie's phone left the BSE mast area.
0458: Corrie's phone enters BM mast area.
0800: Corrie's phone goes silent within the BM mast area.

It's a long way to go and a big labour/vehicle cost for 11kgs of recycling!

New article this morning

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...-mckeague-corries-mum-questions-police-probe/

I have mixed feelings about the police investigation, if it were my son who was missing of course I'd want them to do nothing but try and find him but realistically with no evidence of a crime Corrie is simply one of many missing people albeit with a huge public following IMO though that shouldn't determine how much police resourse is devoted to finding him.

Not exactly similar but slght echoes of the £millions spent on looking for Madeleine McCann

Setting up a family telephone number and reward may well be the best thing they could have done

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members