Found Safe UK - Curtis Hadley Pogson, 24, has Asperger's, sent mum text saying was struggling, Macclesfield, Ches, 6 Jun 2022

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
3_Add-a-heading-14.jpg

The distraught mum of a missing man has spoken publicly as the frantic search to find him continues. Curtis Hadley, who also uses the surname Pogson, 24, was reported missing from his home in Macclesfield at around 11.30am on Monday (June 6).

His mum Nickie has spoken to the Manchester Evening News about her ordeal. She said Curtis sent her a text on Monday morning saying he was struggling.

He also shared a 'worrying' post to his Instagram story the morning he went missing. On Monday, Cheshire Police said they were becoming increasingly concerned about Curtis, saying that his disappearance was 'out of character'.

Nickie said she was shown CCTV footage by police showing a figures she believes to be her son catching a train at Macclesfield station, heading towards Manchester, at around 11am on Monday. His flatmate reported him as missing at around 11.30am.

Nickie said: "I had been in bed because I had stayed up the night before and my niece woke me up as she saw his post on Instagram. I woke up and saw his message, then the police phoned me because his flatmate had reported him missing.

1_Curtis-at-Macc-1.jpg

CCTV image of Curtis at Macclesfield train station at 11am on June 6

"He has lived in Hyde all his life with me, then moved to Salford with his ex-girlfriend into an apartment. They split up a few months ago and he moved down to Macclesfield with a flatmate. He wanted a fresh start and to move away from all the memories."

Curtis' phone is still switched off. His friends have been looking for him around Manchester. Nickie said Curtis was popular online within the cosplay community. Members of that community have been sharing posts about his disappearance.

"Curtis has Asperger's [Syndrome] and has never really fitted in anywhere," she added. "But for the first time he felt comfortable with the cosplay community. He goes to Comic Cons and is quite popular with that community online.

"In my head is he is still going to turn up and contact me. I can't think about that possibly not happening. All of his friends are trying their hardest to search for him, but we don't know what else to do but sit and wait..."

Curtis Pogson, also known as Curtis Hadley, was reported missing from his home at about 11.30am yesterday, Monday, June 6.

The 24-year-old is described as white, around 5’ 9” tall, of slim build with long brown hair and a red beard. He often wears vintage clothing.

Curtis is originally from Hyde, but living in Macclesfield, and he is also known to have links to the Salford area.

Officers are urging anyone who sees Curtis or has information regarding his whereabouts to come forward.

Inspector Andy Baker said: “We have been conducting a number of enquiries to trace Curtis, so far to no avail, and we are becoming increasing concerned for his welfare.

“This is out of character and we are keen to locate him as soon as possible and reunite him with his friends and family who are worried about him.

“I urge anyone who thinks that they may have seen Curtis since he went missing to get in touch with us.

“The same goes for anyone with information regarding his whereabouts, or CCTV or dashcam footage of him since he disappeared.”

Anyone with information or footage that may help officers find Curtis is asked to call Cheshire Constabulary immediately on 101, quoting IML 1286543.

He has a very good following on Tiktok, it is so unfortunate he has lost faith in himself. I hope he is still out there and knows how many people enjoy what he does and care about him, he doesn't need his ex to succeed. For those with aspergers, it is only too common to become really attached to people and to not accept that everyone we love doesn't always love us the same way - we gotta focus on the ones that do. It sounds like his girlfriend broke it off in a really insensitive and hurtful way. Atypical people can be really difficult, but they deserve our patience.
Hadley if you're still with us googling yourself, please call your mom and go home for awhile to clear your head and mend. Things will get better - you're talented and handsome and there are so many wonderful girls out there for you to meet.

The Rules are very clear that sleuthing and linking to family social media is never allowed. This case is no different.

In order to move this discussion, Websleuths requires LE or MSM, or an approved Missing Person support group where family members are part of the Admin team.

Article from June 14 2022 saying he was found

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500