UK UK - Defense may challenge client Joanna Dennehy's pleas to serial killer charges

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by wfgodot, Nov 18, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Woman, 31, admits to being a serial killer, stuns court by pleading guilty to murdering three men and dumping their bodies in ditches
    the rest, with pictures, at DM link above

2. Loading...

3. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

From Wfgodot's link above
    "The 31-year-old from Peterborough also pleaded guilty today at the Old Bailey in Central London to the attempted murders of another two men, Robin Bereza and John Rogers.
    Property developer Mr Lee's body was found in a ditch in Newborough, Cambridgeshire, on March 30, and her other two victims were discovered nearby at Thorney Dyke.
    The pleas appeared to surprise her defence barrister Nigel Lickley QC, who told the court: 'The course is not one I had anticipated. We ask for more time given what has just occurred.'
    Dennehy, who sat in the dock of court, said she did not want to talk to anyone and added: 'I have pleaded guilty and that's it.'"

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I think her sudden pleas may be in attempt to aid her suspected cohorts:
    and also see:

Female serial killer admits three murders. (Telegraph)

Joanna Dennehy: Female serial killer stuns Old Bailey by admitting three murders. (Mirror)

Joanna Dennehy stuns Old Bailey by pleading guilty to murdering three men and dumping their bodies in remote ditches. (Independent)

5. garycking

garycking Verified Author

This has the potential to be an interesting case. However, I've seen very little background information on Joanna Dennehy, who is being described in the media as a female serial killer. Have I missed something? Anyone seen any background information on this woman? She supposedly was an accountant, which I saw from her Facebook page. Any direction to background on her will be appreciated. Thank you.

6. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

7. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ller_n_4637300.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

8. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Off she goes forever, shouting abuse and laughing, still trying to draw attention to herself when nobody outside cares about her anymore, and nobody will be impressed where she's going either. I think this one should be forgotten as soon as possible, because that's exactly what she fears the most.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-court-sentenced-series-savage-murders.html

Whole life term, by the way. She's never getting out.

9. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Oh, and accomplices:

Gary Stretch - life, minimum 19 years
    Leslie Layton - 14 years ( so out in 7?)
    Robert Moore - three years ( for sheltering her while she was on the run)

10. hayaletcatcher

hayaletcatcher Active Member

I live in the UK and some how totally missed all this until today. Weird.

11. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

"I've murdered three men but it could be worse, I could be fat"

A Chief Browning who led the case just gave an interview on BBC radio 4 saying Dennehy had a lot of contact with mental health services but always refused to participate.

He added that she was cool and calm in custody but officers "haven't had the luxury of anything cogent from her......she's kept her silence".

Dennehy is one of only three women in the history of the UK to receive a whole life term. The other two are Rosemary West and Myra Hindley (deceased).

*Unfortunately, with that comment above Dennehy has managed to achieve the infamy she so desperately sought, in my opinion.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-killer-joanna-dennehy-murdered-3194448

Attached Files:

12. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

disturbed and depraved

13. jay-jay

jay-jay New Member

Something I find truly astonishing from that is that she still has quite a number of facebook friends .. which means that they, in turn, still have her on their own friends list. I can't imagine why anyone would want to keep a serial killer on their friends list?? Maybe they don't see or read the news and are totally unaware?

14. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

A woman who was given a whole-life sentence for murdering three men and stabbing two others has lost her high court claim that she is entitled to damages for human rights violations after being placed in solitary confinement.

[...]

But Mr Justice Singh, sitting in London, ruled that her segregation since then had been “in accordance with law” and “at all material times it has been necessary and proportionate”.

[...]

Ministry of Justice barrister Tom Weisselberg QC told the high court: “Dennehy was segregated because a credible escape plan involving her and two other prisoners had been uncovered.

“A written plan was located in her cell with detailed plans involving killing a female officer to obtain her keys and to utilise her fingerprints in order to deceive the biometric systems. She was placed on the escape list, which involved the wearing of an escape suit.”

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016...r-rights-violations-over-solitary-confinement

15. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

'Pure evil' serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'threatened to kill Rose West' within minutes of arriving at same prison as House of Horrors murderer 'in a bid to assert herself as top dog'

28 May 2018

"...Dennehy, 35, and West, 64, only women in Britain serving whole life sentences...

Britain's most dangerous female prisoner Joanna Dennehy threatened to kill Rose West within minutes of arriving in the same jail forcing her into solitary confinement and then another prison, it was revealed today.

Triple murderer Dennehy, 35, and West, 64, who murdered at least ten with husband Fred, are the only two women in British jails serving whole life sentences since the death of Myra Hindley in 2002.

Dennehy killed three men and tried to murder at least two more claiming it was 'moreish' and 'fun'.

...staff at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey were so worried she would murder West that the 64-year-old was put into solitary confinement within minutes and then moved to another prison the next morning...."

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'threatened to kill Rose West' | Daily Mail Online
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legally Bland likes this.