UK- Dr. Peter Coshan, 75, Retired Biology teacher, Last seen at midnight, Seafield Road, Edinburgh, 11 August 2022 * Possible Murder*

dotr

Reaction score
1662126128364.png
''Dr Coshan, a 75-year-old retired biology teacher, was reported missing on August 12, after having been last seen shortly before midnight on the previous day in the Seafield Road area of the Capital.

Speaking at the time of his disappearance, his family said it was out of character and that he had never gone missing before.

While his body is yet to be recovered, police are treating the disappearance as murder.''

''Peter Coshan: Police search for body of retired Edinburgh teacher in the Scottish Borders and the North of England​

Detectives are searching land in the Scottish Borders and the north of England for the body of Dr Peter Coshan, a retired teacher from Edinburgh private school Fettes College., 1st September 2022​

''Two men have been charged with the murder of Peter Coshan, but investigators have still not found the 75-year-old's body. It has been almost three weeks since he was last seen in the Seafield Road area of Edinburgh, on August 11.''
1662125992796.png

''Dr Coshan was a member of the teaching staff at Fettes College in Edinburgh, where former prime minister Tony Blair was once a pupil, from 1972 until his retirement in 2005.

A Fettes spokeswoman said the school was “shocked and deeply saddened” to hear of the developments and added “our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time”.

Helen Harrison, head of Fettes College, paid tribute to Peter Coshan, saying: “Peter was an inspirational biology teacher and he will be remembered fondly by many, not least by those who were taught by him, tutored by him and introduced to the hills through his enthusiasm for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, which he ran for 33 years.”

''Paul Black, 63, also known as Joseph Hillary, and Paul McNaughton, 27, have been charged with the murder of Dr Peter Coshan, 75, following his disappearance in the Seafield Road area of Edinburgh last week.

The former biology teacher, who taught at the school in the city until 2005 when he retired, was last seen at about 11.50pm on Thursday August 11.
Both men have also been charged with theft and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.''

''FORMER pupils of a missing teacher cops fear has been murdered have launched a bid to have him honoured by the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme. Peter Coshan has been missing since August 11 and police are currently carrying out a cross-border search for his body.

The 75-year was last seen in the Seafield Road area on Edinburgh, around four miles from his home in Stockbridge, at 11.50pm on Thursday August 11 but his body has never been recovered.''

Several former pupils from the college, which counts former Prime Minister Tony Blair as one of its alumni, have paid tribute to the pensioner who has been described as a “true gent”.

''One wrote: “Cosh was very helpful when I arrived in the middle years (fifth Form) I was a bit daunted and he took me under his wing, introduced me to all my year and got me involved. Will never forget that, a true Gent and a sad loss. God bless you Cosh and RIP’

Earlier this week police revealed a dark blue Vauxhall Vectra, which could also appear black, seen in the Borders and Northumberland area on the evening of Monday, August 15 and Tuesday, August 16, could be key to their investigation.''

Quite a few very strange details already. Murder arrests without a body. The suspects having a substantially large age gap between them. No mention on whether they are related.

And I'm especially concerned that the second suspect would have been 10 at the time of Dr Coshan's retirement - Fettes College hosts pupils aged 7 to 18. I wonder if McNaughton was a student when Dr Coshan was still teaching.

Thoughts are my own speculation.

1662220573083.png
Aug 3 2022 rbbm.
''A number of police officers have been seen in a Northumberland field during the search for the body of a retired teacher.

Two men have been charged with the murder of Peter Coshan, but investigators have still not found the 75-year-old’s body. He was last seen in Edinburgh on August 11 and was reported missing the next day.

On Saturday, officers from Police Scotland were in the area of the A696 in Kirkwhelpington, Northumberland, carrying out searches. A road off the A696 was closed and a number of police vehicles were there. A white tent was visible from the main road.

A Police Scotland spokesperson told ChronicleLive: "Police are carrying out enquiries in this area in relation to our search for Peter Coshan."

"That evening and the early morning was at the end of very hot weather that we have had and there was a warning for thunderstorms and I would ask anyone who’s been in those areas to think back to that time. You may remember it because of the hot, unusual weather conditions and the thunderstorms that we had.

"I believe the areas of the Scottish Borders and Northumberland are key to helping us find Peter."

Detectives are hunting for information about a 'black or dark coloured 57 plate Vauxhall Vectra' that may have been seen in and around the area.''

Seafield Road seems a strange place to be at midnight. It's kind of desolate and awful even in the middle of the day. The road is also wide and fast - traffic there always feels kind of threatening to me. I wonder if there could have been an accident initially that they've tried to cover up?

Seafield Road seems a strange place to be at midnight. It's kind of desolate and awful even in the middle of the day. The road is also wide and fast - traffic there always feels kind of threatening to me. I wonder if there could have been an accident initially that they've tried to cover up?

Now that’s something I hadn’t considered….a possibility.

Now that’s something I hadn’t considered….a possibility.

No, re-reading the charges, I’ve changed my mind, the two accused being charged with THEFT & MURDER even before the gentleman’s body was found.
There must have been sufficient evidence for murder charges at this time.

Jan 16 2023
1675347877074.png
''EXPERTS probing a retired teacher’s alleged murder couldn’t establish how he died, an inquest has heard.

Assistant coroner Kirsten Mellor said the cause of Dr Peter Coshan’s passing was logged in the first pathologist report as “unascertained”.

''At a brief hearing in nearby Morpeth, Ms Mellor said: “His body was discovered near the A696 and he was identified using dental records.”

Paul Black, 63, and Paul McNaughton, 27, have been charged in connection with Dr Coshan’s death.''

''The inquest will resume this month.''

“A MAN has admitted murdering a retired teacher and dumping his body in England.

Paul McNaughton, 28, killed Peter Coshan, 75 at a flat in Seafield, Edinburgh last August before using his phone to text family and a pal pretending he was still alive.”

But why?
The co-accused goes on trial next May(?!).

Edit: Many more details here Man admits murdering former private school teacher who disappeared from home

Maybe an ex pupil?

Reading the detail in the article reminds me of Ben Field/Peter Farquhar slightly

A man has gone on trial accused of murdering a former Fettes College teacher in Edinburgh.

Paul Black, 64, allegedly acted with another person to kill Peter Coshan in the capital’s Leith area in August 2022, before disposing of his body by leaving the remains at the side of a road in Northumberland.
Mr Black, from Edinburgh, pled not guilty to 18 charges of murder, theft, fraud and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.
Prosecutors claim that Mr Black contacted Dr Coshan using internet apps and lured him to an Edinburgh home, where he assaulted and then murdered him.
The jury heard Mr Black pretended to be somebody “unknown” to Dr Coshan when contacting him on the apps Gaydar and WhatsApp, with the intention of persuading him to go to a property on Seafield Road.
Prosecutors claim that on 11 or 12 August 2022 Mr Black and another man assaulted and injured Dr Coshan at the property, leaving the victim bleeding.
It is claimed that Mr Black, who is also known as Joseph Hillary, struggled with Dr Coshan and then murdered him.
He is then alleged to have concealed the body for a number of days before putting it in a stolen suitcase and driving it to a layby on the A696 between Otterburn and Belsay in Northumberland, where he attempted to dig a grave.

''Paul Black, 64, allegedly acted with another person to kill Peter Coshan at a house in the Leith area in August 2022, after making contact on the Gaydar dating site.''

''He is alleged to have stolen £18,000 from Dr Coshan by accessing his bank accounts and transferring money. Mr Black denied all 18 charges he faces which include murder, theft, fraud and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.''

A man accused of murdering a retired teacher suggested a trip to a funfair while an elderly man's body was hidden under a bed in his flat, a court has heard.
Paul Black, 65, is accused of killing retired Fettes teacher Peter Coshan, 75, with his flatmate Paul McNaughton in Edinburgh in August 2022.
Mr Black wept as he told the court he was "infatuated" with 29-year-old McNaughton, who last year pleaded guilty to murder.
He said he helped McNaughton “get rid” of the body and “cover up” the crime, but did not murder him.

The court heard that two days after Mr Coshan's death his body was still hidden under a bed in their flat while the pair went on a trip to a funfair in Burntisland, Fife.

Mr Black said he was "traumatised" at the time.

He added: "I says to Paul, did you want a trip over to Burntisland. It was a nice day, just have a break from Edinburgh, it seemed like a nice thing to do."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back