Found Deceased Uk - Duncan Sim, 19, Student, St Andrews, Scotland, 14 Mar 2018

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/627856/fresh-appeal-to-trace-missing-duncan-sim

New CCTV released showing Duncan outside Pilmour House near the Eden Golf Course. They said footage shows him by himself in the St Andrews Links area between 11.24-11:33pm, but don't know where he went after that.

Maintenance work at the golf course

Police probe ditch horror in hunt for missing student Duncan Sim over fears he may have been covered by concrete

It’s feared Duncan Sim, 19, may have ended up tumbling into one of the recently-excavated trenches and lain unconscious.

Recent rainfall has given rise to the possibility he may have drowned in a water-filled culvert.

But maintenance work being carried out on the ditches also raises the grim prospect Duncan was accidentally covered by concrete.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/cops-probe-horror-drainage-ditch-12298415

Hope this isn’t what happened.

Hello
Just had my mother in law up for a few days to visit and she filled me in a little more about the search for Duncan Sim. The Edinburgh police team were back at my ex husbands stable yard this past Sunday looking through the rubbish bins at the yard as well as the storage bins (horse feed and manure and sawdust/straw areas). They asked where the manure gets taken to and when told, they went up to search that facility too. But Edenside is not the only horse outfit to send their manure up there so that's going to be quite a job searching through that.
My mother in law asked them what they hoped to find in rubbish bins and manure recycling facilities. As normal, they answered in vague terms, however it is sure interesting to me that the searchers keep coming back to the Guardbridge area.
I think he will be found burrowed under some golf course gorse bushes, having suffered from hypothermia, like Gaia Pope. But there are six 18 hole courses between Madras Rugby Club and Edenside Stables so you'd need a long line of searchers .....time, money, organisation.
Btw, no further news on the Rock and Spindle 'body' sighting.

Re the Rock and Spindle body - I just remembered an article from a few weeks ago that probably explains the source of this rumour. On the same day hippy hippy posted, police received a report of a body in the water down in St Monans but it turned out to be a clump of seaweed. This article says a lot of emergency personnel turned up, so people may have jumped to conclusions and as news spread St Monans changed to the Rock and Spindle?
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...eaweed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Someone who seems to run a b&b in the area posted an email on Facebook which was sent out by police a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if I can post the link since it's a (public) Facebook post or if I can post the full email, but I found it by searching Duncan's name on fb if anyone wants to read.

They said that they were urgently trying to find an American family who were staying in St Andrews in early April, who stopped a student on North Street to borrow their phone and who "mentioned" Duncan. It's really vague, but maybe this family thought they saw him/something related to him and tried to contact police. This email was from the 16th April, so presumably they managed to contact them as there hasn't been any public appeal as far as I can tell.

When I googled "body St Andrews" I came across the death of Kieran McCann in 2015.

"He had been reported missing by friends when he failed to return to his accommodation at the David Russell Apartmentsafter a night out and was last seen in the early hours on Wednesday morning..."

Read more at: Tributes to St Andrews student killed in accident

Reckless partying in both cases, maybe??

When I googled "body St Andrews" I came across the death of Kieran McCann in 2015.
"He had been reported missing by friends when he failed to return to his accommodation at the David Russell Apartments after a night out and was last seen in the early hours on Wednesday morning..."
Read more at: Tributes to St Andrews student killed in accident

Reckless partying in both cases, maybe??

Must be.... why else would young men want to go to dangerous shores in the middle of the night?

Hopefully it is him and not someone else that's went missing, but it would be a bit strange... Either his body has washed up all this time later in the exact same location he was last seen or his body wasn't found on land until now despite extensive searches. And I think they had ruled out the beach sighting, which was in East Sands not West Sands.

If it is him I also wonder what happened, since he seemingly wandered off alone during a night out with friends.

If hes gone out at the end of the west sands theres a sand bank that is easy to walk to when the tide is out but gets covered when tide comes in, nearly every year we have people needing rescued from it.
Theres also the estuary with its quicksand like silt, i was stuck in it years ago wildfowling, its extremely difficult to get out of, i ended up crawling out on my stomach minus my waders.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back