GUILTY Uk - Emile Cilliers Accused Of Tampering W/ Wife's Parachute, Wiltshire, 5 April 2015

I reckon we'll get a verdict tomorrow.

[FONT=&amp]Helena Lee‏Verified account @BBCHelenaLee[video=twitter;930835226703683584]https://twitter.com/BBCHelenaLee/status/930835226703683584[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Parachute trial: Jury sent home for the day. Judge told them to return to continue deliberations tomorrow at 10am
[/FONT]

I hope you're right, given that the verdict has to be unanimous. I wish we knew more about the judge's summing up and the way people came across in court. We needed a Winchester court attender.

Like Tortoise I don't get the suggestion that seems to have been made by the judge (or is that just the way it was reported?) that Victoria Cilliers could have been untruthful. At the time when there were newspaper headlines saying things like' Wife admits lying in her evidence to police' the only example I recall being offered was that she said in court she had exaggerated the length of time her husband spent with the parachute in the toilet: it might have been two minutes rather than five. But it was an estimate anyway and the only thing I could take from that was that she now wanted it to be too little time for him to have tampered with the parachute. Nothing was proved and what does seem to be undisputed is that he took the parachute into the toilet completely unnecessarily, if it wasn't for nefarious purposes.

I can't see that she lied. She did answer the prosecution barrister on occasion as if she were on her husband's side now but that did nothing to weaken the case, as far as I could see. Emile Cilliers' lies and evasions on the other hand were never-ending.

I’m hopping about for a verdict too. I hope the bizarre blatancy of his actions won’t have paid off in making the case too far fetched...

I do hope so. I suppose the judge could change his mind and accept a verdict from 11 in these circumstances, if the juror's illness dragged on? (said she sympathetically.)

Don't they realise how inconvenienced we are waiting here? :D

Not looking hopeful for today is it

Wonder what they're stuck on

Gosh, what a long deliberation. Those jurors must be seeing parachutes in their sleep.

But what can be delaying their decision? Someone thinks a stray person decided to sabotage the parachute and no one checked it?

I wish we knew how the judge had summed up the technical evidence, and what he said about the promise Cilliers made that he would be free to be spontaneous after April.

Thank goodness for majority verdicts, when they're needed that is.

[FONT=&quot]jury resumes deliberations in trial of army sergeant accused of trying to kill his wife by tampering with her parachute.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] jury has been deliberating since Tuesday afternoon (minus a day on Thursday when a juror was unwell).

https://twitter.com/BBCHelenaLee
[/FONT]

Thank goodness for majority verdicts, when they're needed that is.

Will the judge eventually have to agree to a majority verdict, if no unanimity can be reached? It might only be in one of the charges, perhaps the gas pipe rather than the parachute sabotage.

I do hope they are instructed to a majority verdict soon - as you say Moll, it might just be one charge that is proving a sticking point.

They’ll have to retrial if they can’t reach a verdict, won’t they? I would think the judge would accept a majority verdict over that happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back