Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

See CCTV in link above.

She is running and walking at apace, which would indicate she had to be somewhere quickly to do something or meet someone.

This does not seem like the actions of someone about to take their own life. It could transpire a Nicola Bulley situation where she was in a hurry and took shortcut and fell into the water.

Just to give some of you a visual. She went into the cathedral grounds and then turned around and out again the same way she came in. Excuse my crappy drawing, those are the streets she is known to have taken.

Attachments

• Cathedral - playhse.png
    Cathedral - playhse.png
    610.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Cathedral.png
    Cathedral.png
    577.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Playhse - Wensum.png
    Playhse - Wensum.png
    774.5 KB · Views: 70
On the CCTV when Gaynor is at the pedestrian crossing, she runs across the road while the lights are still on green, and the car on the opposite side of the road has to brake suddenly so as not to hit her.

She is definitely preoccupied with something.
Just watched the CCTV she is definitely in a hurry.

The first car had to break and the second car had to break even harder.

On the image of her leaving work she looks quite happy and not in distress (this could easily have been an act so no colleagues stopped her though).

I hope her family get news soon

Timeline of Gaynor’s movements before going missing on Friday, December 8

2.44pm – Gaynor is working at the Bullards Gin counter in the basement at Jarrold department store – her clothing is clearly visible

2.45-2.46pm – She leaves the store via the loading bay on Bedford Street

2.47pm – Walks onto London Street past the Cosy Club

2.48pm – Gaynor makes her way onto Queens Street and walks toward the Cathedral

3.22pm – Gaynor is seen on The Close at the cathedral entrance – shortly before exiting through the archway she puts her coat on

3.23pm – She is seen to walk away from the cathedral on Queens Street – here you can see a clear image of the coat she was wearing

3.49pm – This is the last sighting of Gaynor on CCTV near the Playhouse on St George’s Street

3.53pm – Walks along St Crispins Road towards Pitt Street

4.01pm – Gaynor walks up St Augustines Street – her final movements captured in CCTV before going missing

Timeline of Gaynor’s movements before going missing on Friday, December 8

2.44pm – Gaynor is working at the Bullards Gin counter in the basement at Jarrold department store – her clothing is clearly visible

2.45-2.46pm – She leaves the store via the loading bay on Bedford Street

2.47pm – Walks onto London Street past the Cosy Club

2.48pm – Gaynor makes her way onto Queens Street and walks toward the Cathedral

3.22pm – Gaynor is seen on The Close at the cathedral entrance – shortly before exiting through the archway she puts her coat on

3.23pm – She is seen to walk away from the cathedral on Queens Street – here you can see a clear image of the coat she was wearing

3.49pm – This is the last sighting of Gaynor on CCTV near the Playhouse on St George’s Street

3.53pm – Walks along St Crispins Road towards Pitt Street

4.01pm – Gaynor walks up St Augustines Street – her final movements captured in CCTV before going missing

So is it likely she either went into or met someone at the cathedral between 2.48 & 3.22?

See CCTV in link above.

She is running and walking at apace, which would indicate she had to be somewhere quickly to do something or meet someone.

This does not seem like the actions of someone about to take their own life. It could transpire a Nicola Bulley situation where she was in a hurry and took shortcut and fell into the water.

Her clothes and rings wouldn't be spread over the area if she'd just fallen in the water.

I tend to think she was having some kind of breakdown. But it doesn't quite make sense yet from the details we have.

Maybe - do we know how far the cathedral is from Bedford Street?
It's around a 5-10 minute walk depending on pace. Google says 6 mins - it would take me less than 5 but I can see it taking longer if you don't walk at my pace!

Edit: sorry, didn't realise I was on an old version of the page and lots of people have weighed in already. I was raised in Norwich so happy to help re local knowledge along with others on this thread :)

See CCTV in link above.

But why the discarded clothes, glasses, rings.?

Looking at the timeline again, Gaynor is seen on CCTV at 2.48 walking towards the cathedral, then 34 minutes later at 3.22 leaving the cathedral grounds.

I wonder if she was in a hurry to get to the cathedral for a certain time, for instance were there any events happening in the cathedral that afternoon at around 3.00?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back