Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

So if she met someone, has this disappearance been staged by her and not a perp? Given recent news items this year it could have been a "I know how I can make it look convincing?" Just a thought of my own and of course only one of many theories. MOO
Could you share or PM me a link of the case you refer to where the missing person made it look convincing? I haven't seen that one.

In all of this CCTV footage so far, it doesn't look like she is being followed. Rather, it looks like she's going to meet someone or go to do something.

For me, 1) phone needs to be looked into and 2) if there's any more CCTV of around the cathedral, I'd be interested to see it.

What isn't making sense for me right now is:

1) Smile at work caught on CCTV
2) Visit to cathedral
3) Report of yoga activity
4) Belongings being found

There's some critical piece of evidence we haven't yet got, which is why this doesn't make complete sense yet.

I'm not sure you are barking up the wrong tree. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but that's looking like where this could be heading. Did her and her husband have a huge argument recently? What's her life like? Financially stable etc?

What I don't quite understand, is that if she was feeling suicidal, she had plenty of opportunity to throw herself in front of a car - but she didn't. In fact, she was somewhat careful to avoid being hit by a car.

And I don't understand her smile before leaving work. But we don't know what's running through someones head, so it's possible the smile was just a "work face" and didn't show her true mental state.
Regarding your second paragraph I hate to sound morbid but throwing yourself in front of a car (which on CCTV looked to be going a max of 20mph) does not always result in death (most suicides involving cars often are from people jumping from motorway bridges)

If she was in such a mental state where she felt there was no other option than to end things the river is much more likely to do that unfortunately.

I think her smile before leaving work is for show - maybe she realised once her managers couldn’t find her in the shop they’d check the CCTV - if she looked distressed they may have called the police before she had chance to reach the park.

Regarding your second paragraph I hate to sound morbid but throwing yourself in front of a car (which on CCTV looked to be going a max of 20mph) does not always result in death (most suicides involving cars often are from people jumping from motorway bridges)

If she was in such a mental state where she felt there was no other option than to end things the river is much more likely to do that unfortunately.

I think her smile before leaving work is for show - maybe she realised once her managers couldn’t find her in the shop they’d check the CCTV - if she looked distressed they may have called the police before she had chance to reach the park.
I was just about to take a look and see if that road had a 20mph limit, but you've confirmed it for me! Thanks. And no, you aren't being morbid, this is useful info.

I'm just not sure how the river is "the best" place to end it. It would be a traumatic, horrible way to go. And what's she going to do, just jump into cold water?

Which begs the question, could she swim? If she could swim, I find it hard to believe she would jump into water and allow the water to ...you know...

It’s bothering me. If it’s as police suspect/report their theory is she went in the river, why is this getting so much press coverage considering the uproar caused by the NB case. JMO
I mentioned this earlier I completely agree.

This case unfortunately seems pretty clear to me that she completed suicide on that day and it’ll just be a matter of time before her body is found in the river.

Everything here points towards it MOO of course

But that is kind of my point. If that’s the theory why is there so much press coverage? Tragic story, let the recovery teams do their work, give the family their privacy, surely? People take their lives all the time in various ways without wall to wall national press reporting on every movement they have made. Just IMO doesn’t seem to add up

I was just about to take a look and see if that road had a 20mph limit, but you've confirmed it for me! Thanks. And no, you aren't being morbid, this is useful info.

I'm just not sure how the river is "the best" place to end it. It would be a traumatic, horrible way to go. And what's she going to do, just jump into cold water?

Which begs the question, could she swim? If she could swim, I find it hard to believe she would jump into water and allow the water to ...you know...
Sorry just to confirm I don’t know if that road is 20mph limit - that’s the speed I thought those cars were roughly going on the CCTV.

But that is kind of my point. If that’s the theory why is there so much press coverage? Tragic story, let the recovery teams do their work, give the family their privacy, surely? People take their lives all the time in various ways without wall to wall national press reporting on every movement they have made. Just IMO doesn’t seem to add up
Don’t you think the press coverage is purely because of the NB state of affairs when the MMM all went nuts. They know they’ll get clicks again.

Don’t you think the press coverage is purely because of the NB state of affairs when the MMM all went nuts. They know they’ll get clicks again.
More than possible. But it seems here most of the information being reported in MSM is coming from police rather than ‘sources’ so feels different somehow. I may be way off but just the feelings I get

I think some cases just gain more media traction than others.

Like in the NB case I think this women is ‘relateable’ she’s a working mother who has on the face of it just vanished - this gains clicks and sells papers.

I just hope this case does not turn into the media frenzy that NBs did - it’s one of those cases where sadly no media attention will ultimately change the outcome of the case IMO as I believe Gaynor is in the river.

I feel 99.9% that, sadly, she's in the river.

But to wildly speculate on the .1%..., could she:
1. Have met with something/someone sinister in the park? Not sure how to explain the clothing and especially the jewelry left behind, though.
2. Planned her own disappearance, either alone or with the help of someone else? Could she have used her time in the cathedral to put on an underlayer (something that would have fit in her bag), then shed her outer clothing and belongings in the park (but then still had something on as protection from the cold)? Could she have used a kayak or stashed away bike? Gotten a ride from an accomplice? Do any small boats travel that part of the river? Could she have gotten to one of those (maybe by swimming), then "disappeared" that way?
3. Had some sort of medical event (taking off clothes, maybe from thinking she was hot) but wandered somewhere else (not the river) and is either in distress somewhere on land/in a shed or other building/in a wooded area, or met with an untimely end at the hands of another?

Complete speculation. Imo.

Or could it be a smile of someone who has made up their mind to be free of it all?
Hate to say this and JMO.

That's possible too. But surely there would be some kind of note or something left behind. It seems strange that she'd go about her working day, take rings off, go to a cathedral and then up to a park - if you were deciding to take your own life, why bother going to work that day? Something seems off about the whole thing. I believe there's more to the story that we just simply haven't been made aware of yet. I'm wondering if it's martial problems or such like.

I feel 99.9% that, sadly, she's in the river.

But to wildly speculate on the .1%..., could she:
1. Have met with something/someone sinister in the park? Not sure how to explain the clothing and especially the jewelry left behind, though.
2. Planned her own disappearance, either alone or with the help of someone else? Could she have used her time in the cathedral to put on an underlayer (something that would have fit in her bag), then shed her outer clothing and belongings in the park (but then still had something on as protection from the cold)? Could she have used a kayak or stashed away bike? Gotten a ride from an accomplice? Do any small boats travel that part of the river? Could she have gotten to one of those (maybe by swimming), then "disappeared" that way?
3. Had some sort of medical event (taking off clothes, maybe from thinking she was hot) but wandered somewhere else (not the river) and is either in distress somewhere on land/in a shed or other building/in a wooded area, or met with an untimely end at the hands of another?

Complete speculation. Imo.
I like your thinking, but 2) sounds very elaborate. Of course, it's possible, but it sounds quite dramatic for someone who is planning to end it.

With all of the publicly available info we have right now, I'm thinking martial issues, or that she has gone to meet somebody (even her husband). I would love for Gaynor to be found alive, but it's not looking great at this point.

I think some cases just gain more media traction than others.

Like in the NB case I think this women is ‘relateable’ she’s a working mother who has on the face of it just vanished - this gains clicks and sells papers.

I just hope this case does not turn into the media frenzy that NBs did - it’s one of those cases where sadly no media attention will ultimately change the outcome of the case IMO as I believe Gaynor is in the river.

Well today i don’t think I saw any reporters etc at any section along the road /near the gates into the park. At either 8:40am or 2:45pm.

I guess if the two rings she took off were her wedding and engagement ones then that is pretty symbolic, and does sadly point to some kind of difficulties in her personal life that may have made her want to leave everything behind. But I could be barking up the wrong tree of course. I hope her family can get some answers, what a terrible time for them.
Could be or could be as mentioned above she took them off, slipped them in a pocket before perhaps meeting a mystery person at the cathedral? MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back