GUILTY UK - Georgia Williams, 17, Shropshire, 26 May 2013

Ah ok, thank you.
God, what a nightmare to return home to. He's ruined many lives.

Do you think he planned to kill her or just planned to make a move on her? I think he was pretty stupid if he planned to murder her and did it in his house.

Most certainly. Possibly personal belongings, maybe even a "confession note".

I had another thought. Perhaps the suspect confessed yesterday and also gave them some idea where to look for the body. Given the extensive woodland area along the Nant Y Garth pass, let alone in the other areas around Wrexham, they found a body very quickly. I suppose a confession would count as 'evidence'. Though there was a televised appeal for sightings of the van yesterday so maybe someone saw it parked up in the pass.

Ah ok, thank you.
God, what a nightmare to return home to. He's ruined many lives.

Do you think he planned to kill her or just planned to make a move on her? I think he was pretty stupid if he planned to murder her and did it in his house.

IF he did kill her then I am not sure whether or not it was planned but I would tend to think not given his panicked reaction on the Monday and following days. It didn't seem very thought through - fleeing to Scotland. It depends too on whether the suspect thought Georgia had told anyone where she was going. He seems to have stayed in the house until the Monday when he received a call from Georgia's mother. He told her mother that Georgia had felt ill and left early the night before. I think that call then made him run away and start his long journey. Perhaps up to that point he didn't know if Georgia had told anyone that she was going to his house for a photo shoot. Just guessing though.

As Georgia, a constant texter, had not used her phone from 8pm on the Sunday night we can surmise she was in some kind of trouble fairly early on. She left home at 7.30 and he lived only ten minutes away. She is likely to have arrived at his house between 7.45 and 8pm. Of course they may have spent some time taking the photographs.

I suppose the exact details will emerge during any trial.

Good evening (early morning),
I have not followed this case fully or read much about what has happened, but we had helicopters overhead here in Mid Wales all of Wednesday alerting us to the fact that a search was in progress. I have read the past few posts about the photoshoot and I am not clear about whether Georgia was going to a photoshoot at the guy's house or was it elsewhere? If at his house, was she expecting a photographer to attend? Who has used the term 'photoshoot' - was it Georgia? Given that she already had a boyfriend, I find it a little odd that she would feel okay about having a photoshoot with another guy. Jmo

I have not followed this case fully or read much about what has happened, but we had helicopters overhead here in Mid Wales all of Wednesday alerting us to the fact that a search was in progress. I have read the past few posts about the photoshoot and I am not clear about whether Georgia was going to a photoshoot at the guy's house or was it elsewhere? If at his house, was she expecting a photographer to attend? Who has used the term 'photoshoot' - was it Georgia? Given that she already had a boyfriend, I find it a little odd that she would feel okay about having a photoshoot with another guy. Jmo

According to several reports, she was an aspiring model, so she probably didn't see anything personal about someone taking pictures of her.

I had another thought. Perhaps the suspect confessed yesterday and also gave them some idea where to look for the body. Given the extensive woodland area along the Nant Y Garth pass, let alone in the other areas around Wrexham, they found a body very quickly. I suppose a confession would count as 'evidence'. Though there was a televised appeal for sightings of the van yesterday so maybe someone saw it parked up in the pass.

I dont believe he has confessed.

Although there was a significant sighting of the van ( presumably on Nant Y Garth pass ) it would seem, from news reports today, that it was a member of the public who actually discovered the body.

This would explain the fairly quick discovery as I imagine a police search of that whole area ( even if they planned to start from the lay by ) could still have taken quite some time.

IF he did kill her then I am not sure whether or not it was planned but I would tend to think not given his panicked reaction on the Monday and following days. It didn't seem very thought through - fleeing to Scotland. It depends too on whether the suspect thought Georgia had told anyone where she was going. He seems to have stayed in the house until the Monday when he received a call from Georgia's mother. He told her mother that Georgia had felt ill and left early the night before. I think that call then made him run away and start his long journey. Perhaps up to that point he didn't know if Georgia had told anyone that she was going to his house for a photo shoot. Just guessing though.

As Georgia, a constant texter, had not used her phone from 8pm on the Sunday night we can surmise she was in some kind of trouble fairly early on. She left home at 7.30 and he lived only ten minutes away. She is likely to have arrived at his house between 7.45 and 8pm. Of course they may have spent some time taking the photographs.

I suppose the exact details will emerge during any trial.

That was how it looked to me as well. I think it was not planned and he was in a panic, trying to decide what to do, the phone call made him realise he had to act fast.

I think it was JR who was doing the photoshoot, from reports he was something of a keen amateur photographer.

Sorry meant to say, I presume the shoot was at his house, but nothing has been confirmed there.

Still no formal ID. Georgia's family and friends gathered at Wellington AFC's ground today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...appears-court-charged-murder-police-body.html

After the devastating news of her death was announced, her parents were joined by more than 100 mourners who gathered at the Wellington AFC football ground to pay tribute to the teenager.

Mr Williams said: 'I don't really want to make any comment other than today is a day for Georgia and for us to meet her friends and for us all to celebrate her life.'

One thing that struck me, from the Guardian article above, is that the charge against JR is for a specific date - Sunday May 26. I dont think I have seen this in other cases. Usually there is a range of dates given, covering date of disappearance to date suspect is arrested.
Sadly, I think this could mean that Catoswyn's thought is correct, and there is photographic evidence which would be date stamped.

Body found confirmed to be Georgia's and cause of death due to pressure applied to the neck.

:(

^ Hmm. So that makes me think the evidence that made them sure she died there probably wasn't blood!

^ Hmm. So that makes me think the evidence that made them sure she died there probably wasn't blood!

That's an interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. :confused: I wonder what that evidence could have been then, given the inference that it was pretty concrete.

'A post-mortem examination found she had suffered 'strangulation' injuries probably caused by having a ligature wrapped around her throat.
A West Mercia police spokesman added: 'The guidance being given is that she probably died as a result of strangulation injuries.
'This would be different to being 'strangled' which suggests someone putting their hands around her.
'It is likely a ligature of some sort was used.'

Daily Mail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean