GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

Tortoise

Reaction score
Two men who died following a collision on the A46 near the Six Hills junction have been named by police.

They are believed to be Saqib Hussain, 21, and Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, both from Banbury, Oxfordshire. They died following the collision which happened at around 1.30am on Friday 11 February.

Support is being provided to the families of Mr Hussain and Mr Ijazuddin at this time. Formal identification has not yet been carried out.

Five people have been charged with murder in connection with the incident.

Raees Jamal, 21, of Lingdale Close, Leicester, and Rekan Karwan, 28, of Tomlin Road, Leicester, were both charged today (Tuesday) with murder. They have been remanded into custody to appear at Leicester Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

Natasha Akhtar, 21, of Alum Rock Road, Birmingham; Ansreen Bukhari, 45, and Mahek Bukhari, 22, both of George Eardley Close, Stoke, were charged on Monday with murder They appeared in front of Leicester magistrates today.

A 20-year-old man arrested on Friday on suspicion of murder, has been released from police custody with no further action to be taken.

https://www.leics.police.uk/news/le...died-following-a46-collision-named-by-police/

Two men killed in a crash on the A46 in Leicestershire were cousins, it has been revealed, with a TikTok star, her mother and three others charged with their murder.

Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, had been travelling on the A46 at around 1:30am on Friday in a silver Skoda Fabia when it left the carriageway and smashed through a central reservation.

The two men were pronounced dead at the scene, Leicestershire Police said, with one car believed to have burst into flames.

Now, Hashim's grieving father Sikander Hayat, 49, has told MailOnline that the men were cousins and Hashim took Saqib to Leicester to see a friend because he was 'feeling low'.

[...]

54227615-0-image-a-12_1644939188771.jpg

[...]

Hashim previously worked in a local bakery but spent most of last year staying with his grandparents in Pakistan.

Mahek Bukhari and her mother Ansreen Bukhari appeared in the dock at Leicester Magistrates Court this morning charged with murder. Akhtar opted to stay in the cells. The men charged are due to appear at Leicester Magistrates Court tomorrow.

The younger Bukhari has more than 120,000 followers on TikTok and another 43,000 on Instagram, where she poses in a variety of outfits and films make-up tutorials.

[...]

Ansreen Bukhari is the managing director of a security firm called City Security Plus based in Stoke-on-Trent.

All three charged women will appear at Leicester Crown Court for a bail hearing tomorrow.

The court was told that just before the crash one of the victims called 999. A loud scream was heard before the call disconnected.

The car was 'run off' the road and hit a central reservation barrier where it was ripped apart, the court heard.

Leicestershire Police said initial inquiries found that two other cars were reported to have been travelling in the area at the time of the collision - a grey Audi TT and a blue Seat Leon.

Three women charged with murder after two men are killed on A46 | Daily Mail Online

Well, murder is certainly a very different charge from, e.g., causing death by dangerous driving.

Is anything known about this matter other than the fact of their being charged? Has there been anything said about a prior connection or incident?

Well, murder is certainly a very different charge from, e.g., causing death by dangerous driving.

Is anything known about this matter other than the fact of their being charged? Has there been anything said about a prior connection or incident?

The rumour mill is going wild on fb and TikTok, and by the looks of it there’s some connection between the parties. What the situation really was is anyone’s guess. I’m sure more will come out in the press in the next few days since apparently there’s a lot of people itching to tell more to anyone who will listen, but for now it’s just unreliable social media rumours.

EDIT: Forgot to add, for them to be charged with murder I would assume that the police have found some connection, but that’s just a guess

I wonder if there was some strife or trouble (marriage? honour? money? land?) within the Pakistani immigrant community in Leicester (which would number tens of thousands of people). <modsnip>

Sadly, nobody is above the British law, and I hope bail will be denied at the hearing tomorrow....it may well happen, if only to avoid any retaliation against the perpetrators.

MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rumour mill is going wild on fb and TikTok, and by the looks of it there’s some connection between the parties. What the situation really was is anyone’s guess. I’m sure more will come out in the press in the next few days since apparently there’s a lot of people itching to tell more to anyone who will listen, but for now it’s just unreliable social media rumours.

EDIT: Forgot to add, for them to be charged with murder I would assume that the police have found some connection, but that’s just a guess

I assume so too, unless there are witnesses that saw them trying to drive the car of the road over a long enough time span that it counts as a thought-through choice.

I guess I'm wondering if it was sparked by an incident further back on the road (i.e. a road rage type incident) or whether there was a prior social connection or similar.

What I noticed is that none of the three accused women live local to Leicester.

The 21 year old lives in Birmingham, about an hour away (by road) from the crash site. The 22 year old and her mother live in Stoke on Trent, about an hour (by road) north of the abode of the 21 year old accused, and even further away from the crash site (about an hour and a half).

What were they doing in Leicester at 1am? I'm presuming the women were together in one car and the young men accused, both from Leicester, were in another.

A snippet from the article I already linked above -

"Paying tribute to his son, Mr Hayat, from Banbury, Oxfordshire, said: 'Hashim was my favourite son, he was a beautiful soul and I feel blessed by Allah to have had 21 years with him.

'He borrowed the Skoda from his grandfather because his cousin Saqib asked him for a lift to Leicestershire to see a friend. Saqib was very down about things. Hashim loved him a lot and cared for all people in general. He would do anything to help somebody out.

'This is the kind of person he was. He was just doing a good deed because he never wanted to say no to anybody in trouble. Saqib was going through a tough time and asked Hashim to take him to Leicestershire but my son had nothing to do with any of this.'

He added that Hashim didn't know the friend that his cousin Saqib went to meet."

Three women charged with murder after two men are killed on A46 | Daily Mail Online

Saqib Hussain and Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin, both 21 and from Banbury, Oxfordshire, were killed on the A46 near the Six Hills junction in Leicestershire, at 01:35 GMT on Friday.

Natasha Akhtar, 21, Ansreen Bukhari, 45, and Mahek Bukhari, 22, appeared at Leicester Crown Court on Wednesday.

No pleas were entered and a provisional trial date was set for 26 September.

A46 murder probe: Crash accused trio appear in court

From the same article:

Raees Jamal, 21, of Lingdale Close, Loughborough, and Rekan Karwan, 28, of Tomlin Road, Leicester, have also been charged with two counts of murder in connection with the crash.

They appeared at Leicester Magistrates' Court earlier and are due to appear at the city's crown court on Thursday.

The trio are alleged to have rammed Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin and Saqib Hussain vehicle off the road after a high-speed chase.

The vehicle "ripped into two pieces", killing the two men, from Banbury, Oxfordshire, instantly.

[...]

POLICE APPEAL
Leicestershire Police said in a statement: "A murder investigation has been launched following a road traffic collision on the A46 near to the Six Hills junction at about 1.35am Friday.

"Two people were pronounced dead at the scene.

"The investigation is in the very early stages and work is being carried out to ascertain the circumstances of the collision and what happened in the minutes before.

"Detectives want to hear from anyone who saw three cars travelling in the area of Troon Way or Abbey Lane at around 1.25am, and on the A46 between the Thurmaston Shopping Centre and the Hobby Horse Island.

"The cars – a silver Skoda Fabia, a grey Audi TT and a blue Seat Leon – were travelling at speed and work is being carried out to work out the routes taken."

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Yarwood added: "Anyone who was travelling in the area in the early hours and has any dashcam footage, we are urging you to come forward.

"We are working to piece together the movements of all the cars involved and any footage of them will help our investigation."

TikTok influencer in court with mum & pal after men 'run off the road' & killed

Rekan Karwan, of Tomlin Road, Leicester and Raees Jamal, of Lingdale Close, Loughborough, appeared at Leicester Crown Court via video link.

No pleas were entered and a provisional trial date was agreed for 26 September.

Mr Jamal, 21, and Mr Karwan, 28, spoke only to confirm their names and that they understood the proceedings.

They were remanded into custody by Judge Timothy Spencer QC.

A46 murder probe: Two more defendants appear in court

A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after two men died in a crash on a dual carriageway.

Three women and two men have already been charged with murder and appeared in court last month.

The detained man, from Leicester, remains in custody for questioning by detectives.

A46 murder probe: Further arrest after two die in crash

I have no idea what has happened here, so many murder charges. Do we think they were trying to race the lads, or intimidate them? They don’t seem to have come from the same towns so I wonder if they knew each other at all. Flummoxed.

Two more people have been charged with murder following the death of two men in a crash on the A46 in Leicestershire last month.

Sanaf Gulammustafa, 22, and Ameer Jamal, 27, are accused of killing Saqib Hussain and Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin, both 21, in the collision on the 11th of February.

Gulammustafa and Jamal, both from Leicester, have been remanded into custody and are due to appear at the city’s magistrates’ court on Friday. [today]

Two more charged with murder after A46 crash | ITV News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back