UK - Helen Almey, 39, & Martin Griffiths, 48, Duffield, Derbyshire, 1 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

Legally Bland

Reaction score
A double murder probe was launched today after two people died at a house, with someone heard yelling: "They're dead! What have you *advertiser censored**ing done?".

Police were called to a house in Duffield, Derbyshire at 4.11am today and found the pair, thought to be a couple, fatally injured.

Forensic officers are scouring the scene for evidence with sections of the road outside cordoned off.

A man arrested on suspicion of double murder remains in custody. Police say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation.

Couple stabbed to death in double 'murder' heard 'screaming' in early hours

1_Helen-Almey.jpg

Police discovered the bodies of mum-of-three Helen Almey, 39, and her new partner at her home. They are believed to have been stabbed. A man was arrested at the scene.

Helen had lived at the house in Duffield, Derbys, with husband Rhys Hancock, the father of her children, before they split.

[...]

And one neighbour said the 39-year-old only recently found happiness again after breaking up with her husband, Rhys Hancock, the father of her children – who are under nine.

[...]

Helen was a part-time PE teacher and had lived at the home with her husband.

He was appointed head teacher at a school in nearby Long Eaton in May last year but is believed to have left.

Police refused to reveal how Helen and her partner died at the 1960s detached property.

First picture of mum-of-three teacher who was stabbed to death with her lover

Horrific.

I infer that the perpetrator themself was yelling, around 3am?

Those poor children (I make it 5 in total) who have just lost a parent. Senseless and tragic.

I think someone else was there. As per post #1:

A double murder probe was launched today after two people died at a house, with someone heard yelling: "They're dead! What have you *advertiser censored**ing done?".

From the link:

Derbyshire Police confirmed that it had referred itself to Britain's police watchdog the IOPC in the wake of the deaths 'due to contact between Mrs Hancock and officers prior to the incident'.

One ex-neighbour, who did not want to be identified, spoke of the couple's stormy relationship.

'I can't say I'm shocked,' he said. 'It's tragic, but it's been on the cards for a long time.

'Down the years police and ambulances were called to their house. Helen was well known to them.

'The marriage was on and off, he'd do something, she'd kick him out, then she'd feel vulnerable being alone with the kids and take him back in.

'I lived close enough to know what went on and so did some of the other neighbours.

Agree Elainera, I think it was someone else and that this someone else called the police

Yes that's what I thought too. Maybe a neighbour who came over when he heard noises. Or the ex did not come alone. Jmo.

In the DM article it says nobody else but the two victims and the ex were in the house when police arrived, so whoever it was didn't stick around.

Glad the kids were not present!

Taken from Robin's link above ( and edited a bit )

The PE teacher is understood to have dropped her three children with her parents on New Year’s Eve.

A resident in Duffield, Derbyshire, said: “I saw her on New Year’s Eve packing the kids into the car with their bits and pieces and driving off.

Helen was a friend of my friend, I think their kids go to school together (only seen FB posts). They're shocked and upset as Helen seemed to be really happy again and was looking forward to the new year.

The killer left his headteacher job suddenly a few months ago, he hadn't been there very long at all, there may be more to come out about this.

Absolutely tragic especially for the children. How on earth do you explain that daddy killed mummy. My god...

Helen was a friend of my friend, I think their kids go to school together (only seen FB posts). They're shocked and upset as Helen seemed to be really happy again and was looking forward to the new year.

The killer left his headteacher job suddenly a few months ago, he hadn't been there very long at all, there may be more to come out about this.

Absolutely tragic especially for the children. How on earth do you explain that daddy killed mummy. My god...

Just checked & I've got some fb mutuals too. So, so sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back