GUILTY UK - Iuliana Tudos, 22, found dead in Finsbury Park, London, 24 Dec 2017

If she had thought about buying a small amount of cannabis then I'm sure it would have been on offer.

Yes, I had wondered about that, too.

Those friends knew exactly where in the park to look for her

That isn't necessarily true. If they indeed knew that she took a particular route, then yes they might start by searching along that route. Otherwise, they might just have searched all over until they found her.

I agree that her two friends seem to contradict each other with regard to how frequently she cut through the park.

Dubmill, yes I meant in terms of her route not the specific location where she was found.

Let's hope the Police can persuade some witness to overcome their fear and come forward with information.

I think it's a pretty clear cut case. This was an opportunistic killing and potentially a sexual assault (that's speculation though) by a vagrant as she walked through a large, dark park at night, in an area notorious for being home to all kinds of people down on their luck. They will either find the person soon, for example if the killer is mentally ill or clumsy, or has already had DNA in the database, or they will never find the person. That's my speculation anyway. I doubt there were any witnesses to the attack unless the killer had an accomplice which I think is unlikely. I certainly don't think any of her friends deserve suspicion. She left the pub alone.

If she had thought about buying a small amount of cannabis then I'm sure it would have been on offer.

The only people who buy cannabis off the street in London are tourists or teenagers, or the incredibly naive. Cannabis is not hard to procure in London and a few calls around to friends will find someone who can provide a social amount of something in a safe context. Given she worked in nightlife behind a bar, I find it highly unlikely that she would have felt the need to go into a park at night looking for drugs. But if she did, she was already in Camden Town where you can't walk past the tube station without being offered it, so definitely she wouldn't have gone in the park for it.

The only people who buy cannabis off the street in London are tourists or teenagers, or the incredibly naive. Cannabis is not hard to procure in London and a few calls around to friends will find someone who can provide a social amount of something in a safe context. Given she worked in nightlife behind a bar, I find it highly unlikely that she would have felt the need to go into a park at night looking for drugs. But if she did, she was already in Camden Town where you can't walk past the tube station without being offered it, so definitely she wouldn't have gone in the park for it.

Very good point.

I think it's a pretty clear cut case. This was an opportunistic killing and potentially a sexual assault (that's speculation though) by a vagrant as she walked through a large, dark park at night, in an area notorious for being home to all kinds of people down on their luck. They will either find the person soon, for example if the killer is mentally ill or clumsy, or has already had DNA in the database, or they will never find the person. That's my speculation anyway. I doubt there were any witnesses to the attack unless the killer had an accomplice which I think is unlikely. I certainly don't think any of her friends deserve suspicion. She left the pub alone.

It does seem pretty suspicious that the owner of the tent and suitcase by the New River has gone missing, although I suppose it's possible the person, if innocent, is fearful of being wrongly blamed for the murder. I believe they got CCTV of the victim entering the park at 8.20pm. I wonder if they have CCTV of anyone leaving the park within an hour or so by the same or nearby entry/exit point?

As you say, if the killer is on the DNA database, they could set about finding him. But if not, how would they even start? If he had any sense he wouldn't leave anything behind (documents of any kind) through which he could be traced, nor try to sell anything he had stolen from her, nor hang around this part of London. How easy would it be for him to sort of melt away, slip out of the country even?

Going back to the DNA database, it seems hard to believe that someone who would do something as bad as this could have managed to avoid getting into any kind of trouble in the past. But maybe I'm naive to think that.

I never intended to imply that any of her friends should be under suspicion of involvement in her death. I think though the inconsistencies in how often she used the park as a short-cut at night ought to be clarified by the police. I personally think the range of possible perpetrators could extend beyond just vagrants to the whole night-time community of the Park. I hope they can find dna evidence because even if it doesn't identify the killer it might provide some clues as to his background.

Man, 31, is arrested over the murder of missing barmaid
http://dailym.ai/2q9ob5A

Sorry for the source but this one contains a bit more info. Can anyone familiar with the area tell me if the Dalston address is local to the park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I was wondering. They’ve made an arrest very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps they had his DNA on database ..... such a terribly bad case :-(

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Perhaps they had his DNA on database ..... such a terribly bad case :-(

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Good to see an early arrest here.
Think you're probably right Molly. As someone else said earlier on this thread, hard to believe that this person has not offended in some way before and most likely police had him on file.

I used to walk along Endymion Rd very regularly a few years ago, during the daytime. I don't think there was ever a time when I didn't see a car parked somewhere along the road without its windows smashed out. Not the same car I might add!

It seems this was a DNA case, or someone who suspected him contacted the police.

Hope they have got the right person here, and some strong evidence to get it through court. If it is someone who is a previous offender and/or has medical issues and was out unsupervised I will be really angry. We get too many of these and I'm tired of all the excuses. This was a savage attack on an entirely defenceless person. Nothing can bring her back. And the thing that makes me most upset is that in this country I know I could well be seeing this person, if he is the attacker, back out on the streets eventually and attacking again in the future.
You can understand the police getting frustrated.

Although it seems unlikely, I still wouldn't discount the fact that the killer could be an acquaintance and know her path home, what better place to corner a victim in a park where there are plenty of other likely suspects available to muddy the waters? And that it's possible maybe drug use/purchase was involved somehow, although on the whole I think that's unlikely for reasons other posters have given. I make no judgement on victims whatever but I hope that Iuliana's friends are giving all information they can to the police so that this investigation proceeds in the right direction.

The taking of personal/sensitive items from the victim sparks certain thoughts in my head that suggests this was a sexually motivated attack, along with the scattered clothing, along with the youth and small stature of the victim. For a cowardly attacker like this Iuliana was sadly an easy victim.

I went to the park last night around 8pm. There was an eerie, still calmness. A very lonely place to die. The police tent is still up. The entrances to the park are all open well after dark - in fact I stood in front of the sign with all the tributes in the park entrance nearest her house. You do wonder why the council has never locked the park up at night, which would surely prevent vagrancy and killings like this. I have a feeling that the local MP might be against locking the park up at night because he is a very vocal defender of the homeless (no points for guessing who the local MP is!) and wants them to easily access the park as a quiet place to sleep. There is still a police presence at the scene: the tent is up and a police van parked with its lights on shining across the field, presumably to see if anybody walks on that field and tries to tamper with anything.

Although it seems unlikely, I still wouldn't discount the fact that the killer could be an acquaintance and know her path home, what better place to corner a victim in a park where there are plenty of other likely suspects available to muddy the waters? And that it's possible maybe drug use/purchase was involved somehow, although on the whole I think that's unlikely for reasons other posters have given. I make no judgement on victims whatever but I hope that Iuliana's friends are giving all information they can to the police so that this investigation proceeds in the right direction.

What makes you think that drug use/purchase was involved? What kind of drugs are you referring to? Do you think there's a possibility her friends aren't "giving all information they can"?

I went to the park last night around 8pm. There was an eerie, still calmness. A very lonely place to die. The police tent is still up. The entrances to the park are all open well after dark - in fact I stood in front of the sign with all the tributes in the park entrance nearest her house. You do wonder why the council has never locked the park up at night, which would surely prevent vagrancy and killings like this. I have a feeling that the local MP might be against locking the park up at night because he is a very vocal defender of the homeless (no points for guessing who the local MP is!) and wants them to easily access the park as a quiet place to sleep. There is still a police presence at the scene: the tent is up and a police van parked with its lights on shining across the field, presumably to see if anybody walks on that field and tries to tamper with anything.

I rode past on the bus last night at about 10.00 pm and saw the lights of the police van, as well as other lights illuminating the crime scene.

I had previously assumed that locking the park at night was a simple matter and Haringey Council wasn’t doing its job properly. The council says on its website that the gates are ‘generally’ locked at dusk. I couldn’t understand why they don’t just do it routinely, with no variation or exceptions. But, in addition to what you suggested about the homeless people, apparently there are sports activities that take place after dark, on the athletics track. Also, there is a plan, not yet finalised or fully approved, to include a route through the park as part of a major London cycle route.

So, completely securing the park may never happen. In fact, if the cycle route goes ahead, at least some parts of the park may change to being officially open at all times. I would think in that case they will have to improve the lighting and install more CCTV. Obviously they can’t cover every nook and cranny, but ensuring they get a good view of anyone entering the park through the gates would be helpful. But of course it would still be theoretically possible for someone to avoid being filmed, by climbing over or through the wooden fence (it is in a very poor state in places, with holes and gaps, and even partly collapsed in one spot I noticed last night on Seven Sisters Road).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back