GUILTY UK -Jaden Moodie, 14, murdered, Waltham Forest, London, 8 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jaden Moodie: Murder arrest over 14-year-old's stabbing

Man arrested over Jaden Moodie murder

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder by police investigating the death of 14-year-old Jaden Moodie.

The Metropolitan Police said it arrested the 18-year-old suspect at an address in Wembley, north-west London.

Jaden was found with fatal stab wounds after he was knocked off a moped in Bickley Road, Leyton, at 18:30 GMT on 8 January.

Murder detectives said they were continuing to look for others involved in the attack.

Det Ch Insp Chris Soole said: "Although one man has been arrested in connection with this murder, we remain fully focused on locating and arresting others connected to this

Detectives investigating the murder of Jaden Moodie in Leyton have charged a man.

Ayoub Majdouline, 18 (12.08.00) of no fixed address but of the Wembley area was charged with murder on Saturday, 19 January.

He will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court on Monday, 21 January.

Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are continuing to investigate Jaden's murder and would appeal for anyone with information, who has yet to come forward, to call police.

Anyone with information is asked to contact incident room on 020 8345 3734 or Tweet information to @MetCC.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org or www.fearless.org

UPDATE: Man charged with fatal stabbing

Majdouline, dressed in a grey tracksuit, is also charged with possession of a bladed article, namely a knife.

He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.

Man accused of killing 14-year-old Jaden Moodie appears in court

0_Jaden-Moodie-death.jpg

The defence barrister Mr Scobie told the Old Bailey that identification of his client Majdouline would be an issue in the case.

Judge Hilliard QC said the media in court would be mindful and set a provisional trial date for July 8 with a please and case management hearing on April 16.

Trial date set for teenager accused of murdering 14-year-old

A "please" hearing :rolleyes:

I don't see why identification should be an issue - he's 18.

The defence barrister Mr Scobie told the Old Bailey that identification of his client Majdouline would be an issue in the case.

Judge Hilliard QC said the media in court would be mindful and set a provisional trial date for July 8 with a please and case management hearing on April 16.

Trial date set for teenager accused of murdering 14-year-old

A "please" hearing :rolleyes:

I don't see why identification should be an issue - he's 18.

Mistaken identity, maybe?
I've not read up on it, do we know what they've got on him?

Detectives investigating the murder of Jaden Moodie in Leyton have charged a man.

Yusuf Dubbad [C], 21 (09.04.98) of Leyton was arrested on Thursday, 2 May and charged with murder on Friday, 3 May.

He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, 3 May).

Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are continuing to investigate Jaden’s murder.

Anyone with information is asked to contact incident room on 020 8345 3734 or Tweet information to @MetCC.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org or www.fearless.org.

+The trial of an 18-year-old man [A] charged with the murder of Jayden will begin at the Old Bailey on Monday, 8 July.

A 23-year-old man [B ] arrested on 25 April has been bailed to return on a date in late May.

Man charged in connection with Jaden Moodie murder

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Soole, from the Met‘s Homicide and Major Crime Command, who leads the investigation, said: ‘Although one man has been arrested in connection with this murder, we remain fully focused on locating and arresting others connected to this deadly attack.

He added that ‘a number of active enquires are in hand‘ and urged people to forget their reservations about talking to police, and come forward. #

‘My team are ready to take your calls,‘ he said.

Police revealed they are especially keen on information relating to the black Mercedes that was involved and added that the youngster‘s family are aware of the arrest.

‘Jaden‘s family are being fully supported and kept updated by our team. This is a truly heartbreaking time for them and we are doing everything we can to find out who was responsible for Jaden‘s death.‘

Speaking last week from his home in Jamaica, Julian Moodie – Jaden‘s father – was adamant his son‘s death was a case of mistaken identity.

He said Jaden was a ‘helpful and loving person and not violent’, and that there was never any inclination that he was into ‘wrongdoing’.

‘I was on the phone with him the Friday before it happened and I said to him: “All I want you to do is stay out of trouble and make something of your life.”’
Police arrest teenager, 18, over murder of moped rider Jaden Moodie, 14 | Stock Daily Dish

Jaden's family wailed and bolted from the courtroom when the distressing footage allegedly showing 19-year-old Ayoub Majdouline and four others take part in the brutal slaying.

Majdouline is accused of 'butchering' Jaden after he and four friends cruised around London in a stolen black Mercedes looking for rivals to attack, jurors were told.

Drug dealer, 14, knocked off moped and killed by gang rivals | Daily Mail Online

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow QC told jurors the five men in the car had armed themselves with knives and had gone to "great lengths" to hide their faces.

"On finding Jaden Moodie, the Mercedes drove straight towards the moped, swerving onto the same side of the road so that it struck Jaden Moodie head on," he said.

[...]

The Mercedes was abandoned in a quiet cul-de-sac, while a knife and a pair of yellow rubber gloves were thrown away and recovered from a nearby drain the next day, the court was told.

Mr Glasgow said the 14-year-old's blood and traces of the defendant's DNA were found on both.

Burnt clothing belonging to Jaden's attackers was also found in a churchyard, the court was told.

Boy, 14, 'killed by rival gang in frenzied attack'

Sounds like there is very strong evidence to convict.

Kind of on topic - I watched the tv series Top Boy recently and I really recommend it if you want more of an understanding of London gangs (yes I am very out of touch with the youth these days).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_girl12345
Back