Found Deceased UK - Jesus Moreno, 41, Spanish co-founder of Piglove Brewing Co in Leeds, W Yorks, last seen getting bus to Harrogate at 6.17am, 1 Aug 2022

A video was posted on the Nicola Bulley thread about how bodies behave in water, it's worth watching

He was apparently not in the water:

The body was found by a police search team yesterday afternoon on land close to the River Wharfe in the Harewood area.

Police searching for missing brewery owner Jesus Moreno found a body on the riverbank last week just hours after his family issued a public TV plea.

West Yorkshire Police said a search team found a man's body on Friday afternoon (April 14), on land in Harewood near the River Wharfe. Jesus Moreno, 41, was last seen at Harewood Bridge, on the border between West and North Yorkshire, last August.

[...]

On Thursday night, his family and friends made an emotional appeal on Dan Walker's Channel 5 show 'Vanished', which appeals for information about missing people, SWNS reports.

His ex-wife Maria told the programme he was 'charming, respectful and very kind' while his brother Claudio described him as a 'good person'. Maria said the family's life were clinging on to some hope they would find him after having their world 'transformed' by his disappearance.

[...]

Piglove Brewing Co, which he co-founded, passed on their condolences to Jesus’s family, adding that it had been a “tough eight months” for the business.

[...]

Other friends took to social media to pay their respects to the “one-of-a-kind” entrepreneur.

One wrote: “RIP Jesus. A wonderful and one of a kind human being.

"Will be very much missed. Sending to much love to his family and you all at Piglove Brewing Co.”

Another added: “Truly sorry for your loss, sending love to you all & Jesus' family.”

A bit more info about where he was found:

West Yorkshire Police said his body was found hidden under thick undergrowth in the Harewood area on Friday. Officers set an initial search area within a 500m (1,640ft) radius from his last known sighting. His body was found about 250m (820ft) outside that boundary, police said.

A bit more info about where he was found:

West Yorkshire Police said his body was found hidden under thick undergrowth in the Harewood area on Friday. Officers set an initial search area within a 500m (1,640ft) radius from his last known sighting. His body was found about 250m (820ft) outside that boundary, police said.

I make that roughly around here:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 19.58.56.jpg

Does “thick undergrowth” necessarily mean he was next to the river? Have we had confirmation from WYP he was found on the riverbank? I know it’s been reported as such by Leeds Live, but I’ve not seen it anywhere else.
Good point, I'm not sure. The police press release said "on land close to the River Wharfe".

I make that roughly around here:

View attachment 415499
That's interesting if he was found there - I think if he had been there the whole time someone would have found him sooner as there are fishing spots all along that section and fairly busy footpaths along both sides of the river, I myself have walked along there looking for Jesus and I know what a dead body smells like. Have the police given any indication if he was found on the north or south side? There is a little ruined barn on the north side just in that spur of woodland slightly to the left of where you marked, but I would have assumed this was searched.

He was found the day after this case aired on Channel 5? Perhaps concerned locals went out looking, and it wasn't just a police operation. Either way, it is terribly tragic that he was there for so long. And an abject failure on behalf of the police force, in my opinion. Setting your boundary at 500m so you can "tick the box", was obviously the wrong decision.

RIP.

From reading similar cases on WS it seems even the professionals have to be reminded to look up when searching.

all imo
I agree but then I remembered that a few posts back it was reported that he was found "hidden under thick undergrowth", which doesn't make me think of looking upwards. From CoverMeCagney's post: Found Deceased - UK - Jesus Moreno, 41, Spanish co-founder of Piglove Brewing Co in Leeds, W Yorks, last seen getting bus to Harrogate at 6.17am, 1 Aug 2022 linked to an article from the BBC.

But it's possible that he was hanging in a dense part of the forest and "thick undergrowth" was a loose way of describing that? Didn't refer to smallish undergrowth up to 2-3 feet off the ground only but growing up 6-7 feet round a tree or something? Or that at some point his body fell? MOO IMO

It's horrible to think about. IMO. I'm obviously not a searcher or sleuther on the ground.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back