GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I thought it odd that the GF did not show up at either hearing. She is in Bristol so why not?

As I see it, the media has claimed her father and VT's sister avowed they were still a couple

Absences from the hearings however, appear to speak for themselves. The GF and her family (in fact anyone following the case) would be aware that had she attended the hearings in support of VT, then this alone would confirm the claims of the media re: their still being a couple and re: the GF's 'vowing to stand by him'. Conversely, the GF's non-attendance at the hearings speaks volumes. And I've seen nothing in the media as explanation for the GF's absence. Therefore, the public is left to draw its own conclusions, as I'm guessing, was the intention

Also, if she has provided information to LE and/or is to be called as witness for the prosecution, then she could not/would not attend the hearings lest it be construed she was in some way supporting VT

I have been wondering exactly the same things. I also wonder why his glasses were taken as evidence?

Its possible dna or hair fibres can get caught in the hinges which would provide strong evidence.

Its possible dna or hair fibres can get caught in the hinges which would provide strong evidence.

There's that, certainly

Also, if the glasses are in any way unique, they might be used to confirm VT within some of the cctv footage gathered by LE ?

I think at this point what I'm wondering most is when (if?) CJ will have his status as a suspect dropped.

Possibly not until after VT's trial or even after that if found not guilty.

There's that, certainly

Also, if the glasses are in any way unique, they might be used to confirm VT within some of the cctv footage gathered by LE ?

If he touched those glasses after handling JY they could still be smothered in her DNA ?? We dont know what happend or in fact if anything happend between VT & JY', but we are presuming going by the arrest & charge the LE believe something did happen. The glasses may of been filthy & thats why they took them.

As well, we have a second Yeates thread, provided by Salem:

Media and Timeline Info *NO DISCUSSION UK - Joanna Yeates Clifton, Bristol

on which to post, in Salem's words...

"....media articles, timelines, maps, here. No discussion here - only information."

The media/timeline thread serves as a receptacle for information pertinent to the case, and thus as a resource for those in need of reference to a particularly important article or video, or the several media timelines, etc. That way, if we use it, we won't forever be having to go back and google-search info all over again.

If he touched those glasses after handling JY they could still be smothered in her DNA ?? We dont know what happend or in fact if anything happend between VT & JY', but we are presuming going by the arrest & charge the LE believe something did happen. The glasses may of been filthy & thats why they took them.

We can but hope LE have the goods, for the sake of all concerned

Suspect their task has been difficult, in light of suggestion the perpetrator was 'forensically aware'

As for GF, I'm almost convinced that the couple had broken up and she was coaxed back aboard as a team solidarity thing after VT's arrest.

As always, not sure of anything though!

Not sure about them having broken up before murder. I say that because it was said that she did not want to be around the scene where JY was murdered. So there appears to be some contemporaneous support for them being a couple at the the time of the crime.

But, if she was the "weeping woman", then she may not want to appear. At the same time VT's family cling to her support.

Any ideas why:

1. NUA did not request bail?

2. Why his GF did not show up in court twice for his appearances?
http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-toda...o-yeates-murder-vincent-tabak-not-bailed.aspx

1. I read that he might still apply for bail, just didn't at this time. There is the issue of police witnesses and the risk of interfering with the case, particularly imo if the police haven't drawn up a complete list of witnesses yet. For example he can talk with his family, but he can't discuss the case. Very difficult to monitor that if he's out on bail.

2. These were brief appearances, she'd only have been able to wave and then step out into a press ambush, I wouldn't have turned up if I were her, it doesn't mean she didn't speak to him before and afterwards.

Just had a thought about the glasses

Could they have contained one of the microscopic 'chips' it's said VT used commonly in his line of work (tracking 'people flow') ?

Would be handy to be able to track one's easily misplaced possessions, particularly glasses/spectacles (and keys, etc.) might be a fun application of the technology with which VT reportedly worked on daily basis

Could it also be that LE discovered one of these chips within one or more of JY's possessions ?

If so, it would certainly provide a link which VT would find very difficult to explain

As to whatever of JY's possessions may have been chipped -- wonder if she ever left her boots outside her door, for example ? Or, have police discovered JY's flat-door/lock/windows etc. to have been tampered with - which in turn would provide access to her possessions by anyone who might have wanted to 'track' her movements via chip technology ?

Wild card, but then the accused is not a milkman or labourer. He is someone very familiar with sophisticated tracking technologies

He [NUA's lawyer] has...prosecuted and defended.

Which is precisely why I would not want him as my lawyer had I been charged with murder. I would want a top criminal lawyer in the business of defending. I am always suspicious of lawyers who play both sides of the fence.

Which is precisely why I would not want him as my lawyer had I been charged with murder. I would want a top criminal lawyer in the business of defending. I am always suspicious of lawyers who play both sides of the fence.

I, on the other hand, would have more confidence in a barrister who'd both defended and prosecuted. To me, that would demonstrate ethics and appreciation of the law in its truest sense, as well as a more agile approach to the business. I'd even go so far as to say I believe it should be mandatory for practitioners of the law to demonstrate ability in both arenas.

That's why I thought it odd that the GF did not show up at either hearing. She is in Bristol so why not?

She works in Malmesbury I think, 30 or so miles away. It just seems to me they're not kids exactly, they're in their 30s, and they're professional people, they (both) might think it a bit unnecessary for her to 'stand by her man' for appearances. There's nothing she can do to help really.

I note that no-one was there actually, no-one from his family, no friends, and no-one from JY's family either.

She works in Malmesbury I think, 30 or so miles away. It just seems to me they're not kids exactly, they're in their 30s, and they're professional people, they (both) might think it a bit unnecessary for her to 'stand by her man' for appearances. There's nothing she can do to help really.

I note that no-one was there actually, no-one from his family, no friends, and no-one from JY's family either.

In one of the many media reports of the brief (some say 4 minutes, others 5) hearings, it was claimed the accused cast his glance briefly to the gallery before being led away. Perhaps he was looking to see if GF was present

There's nothing she can do to help really.

Obviously, had she attended, it would have confirmed media claims of their still being a couple and of her reported 'vowing to support him'

So had she been present, it would have demonstrated support publicly and provided moral support to the accused and his family & supporters

Failure to attend suggests the opposite and fuels speculation she may have been the 'weeping woman with tip-off ' as referred to by the media at the time of his arrest

Personally, I have utmost sympathy for the GF and her family and their situation, as well as concern

That's how it works, barristers begin their careers just taking the next case on the docket, prosecution or defence. It's very fair, very impartial, it means your defence barrister knows how the game is played from the other side. It also means the barristers know each other, they trust each other not to play dirty tricks, it's a kind of gentlemen's club. And also for ladies of course! :).

So the barrister, whether (s)he is in the blue corner or the red corner, (s)he's just professionally required to win.

Furthermore most judges have been barristers (the rest have been solicitors, office lawyers if you will), so they will have prosecuted and defended, they'll know the game inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase