GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you getting at? ;)

I have no doubt that the use of certain substances and a habit of drinking alcohol will be brought into evidence at the trial

the very fact that he's a foreigner, from what is viewed by many as a ' liberal' country, is a cyclist, has a 'yuppie' lifestyle and what appears to be an active sex life will undoubtedly have condemned him in the eyes of those who also believe the police are incapable of cover ups, corruption and criminality

I have no doubt that the use of certain substances and a habit of drinking alcohol will be brought into evidence at the trial

the very fact that he's a foreigner, from what is viewed by many as a ' liberal' country, is a cyclist, has a 'yuppie' lifestyle and what appears to be an active sex life will undoubtedly have condemned him in the eyes of those who also believe the police are incapable of cover ups, corruption and criminality

This is confusing. Many people drink alcohol. Many people have sex. Many people have good jobs and rent flats. Many people hail from elsewhere. What does this have to do with condemning someone? And what does this have anything to do with whether or not people think that police can be corrupt? And what does police corruption in other cases have to do with this one? There are some vast leaps here.

This is confusing.

But not as confusing as post 277! Colombo, you need to go back and edit that, as you seem to have put a lot of your own opinions into another poster's mouth.

ETA
I see you've tried, but to do it properly, you need to use the quote tags correctly.

This is confusing. Many people drink alcohol. Many people have sex. Many people have good jobs and rent flats. Many people hail from elsewhere. What does this have to do with condemning someone? And what does this have anything to do with whether or not people think that police can be corrupt? And what does police corruption in other cases have to do with this one? There are some vast leaps here.

you obviously do not know people who actively read and agree with the articles and editorial policy of the Daily Mail and other such publications in the UK!! the comment was meant to be an attempt at humour!

Regarding the serious subject of police corruption

I suggest you do some research on Avon and Somerset police and allegations of corruption

I also suggest you look at the activities of a number of 'business associations' in the Bristol area and see how much power and influence they apparently wield over the local and national elected legislature

you obviously do not know people who actively read and agree with the articles and editorial policy of the Daily Mail and other such publications in the UK!! the comment was meant to be an attempt at humour!

My apologies. The statements were in line with other assumptions and I did not catch the difference. ;)

My apologies. The statements were in line with other assumptions and I did not catch the difference. ;)

No problem

if you are really interested in researching

here are a few leads

who is beast719 ??... the poster who on the sky blog who claims that VT knew JY as far back as Christmas2009 and that the police were informed of this and that VT was arrested shortly after

are they just posting a rumour as a red herring ?

or do they have an axe to grind?

or are they speaking the truth or elements of it?

are they actually based in Bristol?

what is the real name and occupation

do they have links to

JY , GR ?

VT . TM ?

CJ ?

No problem

if you are really interested in researching

here are a few leads

who is beast719 ??... the poster who on the sky blog who claims that VT knew JY as far back as Christmas2009 and that the police were informed of this and that VT was arrested shortly after

are they just posting a rumour as a red herring ?

or do they have an axe to grind?

or are they speaking the truth or elements of it?

are they actually based in Bristol?

what is the real name and occupation

do they have links to

JY , GR ?

VT . TM ?

CJ ?

There is a Company listed in Clifton called beast719?????/

Eventually there will be a trial, where, hopefully a lot of questions will be answered.
VT will get is day in court and his defence team will get the opportunity to prove he is innocent of the charge of murder.
This is a much better deal for VT than Joanne Yeates gets as she had her life taken from her.
Her family and loved ones have already received life sentences of grieving.

This case is purely about the murder of Joanna Yeates and the man charged with her murder.
I cannot see what other cases or opinions of police forces have to do with it.

Like all human inventions our justice system has flaws but over all it works well and 'gets it right' most of the time.
There is also the right of appeal if those affected believe a verdict is wrong.

Maybe it is time to wait for the trial. That's what the actual participants are doing.

Eventually there will be a trial, where, hopefully a lot of questions will be answered.
VT will get is day in court and his defence team will get the opportunity to prove he is innocent of the charge of murder.
This is a much better deal for VT than Joanne Yeates gets as she had her life taken from her.
Her family and loved ones have already received life sentences of grieving.

This case is purely about the murder of Joanna Yeates and the man charged with her murder.
I cannot see what other cases or opinions of police forces have to do with it.

Like all human inventions our justice system has flaws but over all it works well and 'gets it right' most of the time.
There is also the right of appeal if those affected believe a verdict is wrong.

Maybe it is time to wait for the trial. That's what the actual participants are doing.

tell that to Timothy Evans, Stefan Kiszko, the Birmingham 6, the Guildford 4, Barry George etc etc etc

what other cases have to do with it ?

well if there is a relation with this case and others in the uk then quite a lot!!

there may be a serial killer!

what the opinions and actions of other police forces have to do with it?

well again if other forces are capable of framing someone or just not bothering to follow up other leads in differing cases then it begs the question could they do it in this case

what do you suggest we do?

Well what I suggest you do is wait until the trial. At which point we will all find out a number of interesting things. Such as exactly what evidence A&SC have against VT for example. Presuming there is a trial of course. Until that time I don't see how it is possible to rationally argue that the evidence is insufficient and that the whole thing is a 'fit up' when no one actually knows what that evidence is in the first place.

Indeed, even to speculate about what kind of evidence the prosecution might or might not have would likely to be Contempt of Court. Some of your contributions here, such as your post #212 where you list the things that "the defence will attempt to show" amounts to 'anticipating the course of a trial' and is prima facie in contempt of court.

keep digging

there's quite a lot of info there

and not surprisingly you may find a lot of people who appear not to want you to find out exactly who is involved in this case..

it appears that this is happening on all the boards ...quite reasonable debate is being stifled on the grounds that the law should be allowed to take its course and that anyone who differs from the official line is a conspiracy nut

on the subject of conspiracy theories

one thing that is clear about the JFK case and its myriad of theories...Lee Harvey Oswald whatever he did that day ...did not fire a weapon of any kind ...and that was official from the Dallas Police Department

keep digging

and not surprisingly you may find a lot of people who appear not to want you to find out exactly who is involved in this case..

it appears that this is happening on all the boards ...quite reasonable debate is being stifled on the grounds that the law should be allowed to take its course and that anyone who differs from the official line is a conspiracy nut

one thing that is clear about the JFK case and its myriad of theories...Lee Harvey Oswald whatever he did that day ...did not fire a weapon of any kind ...and that was official from the Dallas Police Department

Why do you keep bringing up other Cases for,this is not about JFK or any other past Cases.
This is about JY and VT, no one know's what evidence the A&S has against VT,we will have to be patient to find that out, and only then when the Trail begin's to unravel, then we will know what evidence there is against VT, the A&S must have substantial evidence to charge VT with the murder of JY, then it will be up to the Jury to decide when all the evidence has been put before them.
My head is spinning from your Post's not the wine lol, I found your Post's rather confusing.

Originally Posted by Colombo
keep digging

TRIO'S REPLY TO COLOMBO

Why do you keep bringing up other Cases for,this is not about JFK or any other past Cases.
This is about JY and VT, no one know's what evidence the A&S has against VT,we will have to be patient to find that out, and only then when the Trail begin's to unravel, then we will know what evidence there is against VT, the A&S must have substantial evidence to charge VT with the murder of JY, then it will be up to the Jury to decide when all the evidence has been put before them.
My head is spinning from your Post's not the wine lol, I found your Post's rather confusing.

MY REPLY TO Trio:

I think what Colombo is doing is keeping an open mind and not blindly accepting that L/E are on the right track. I also, would rather be open minded, after all what is there to lose? Also, there is nothing telling us that there is no corruption going on within A&S constabulory and so there is always a possibility that an individual could be involved in some kind of protection racket... (I've got this on you so you'd better cover for me now).... I know it sounds way off and hopefully it is, but this is not something new and we'd all be fools to blindly accept what appears to be 'justice' whether someone has been found guilty or not.

Bringing up other cases allows us all to realize that bad stuff can happen and if for instance there is a Serial Killer roaming why would we all not try to delve as much as we can? To not do so, is what would allow a potential Serial Killer to roam free...Serial Killers are masters at going undetected because of peoples' blind trust.

Until the Trial begins the more we try to figure out the where, what, who and why of this tragic loss of a young vibrant woman the more we can honor her name.

You say that A&S "Must have substantial evidence to charge VT....."

I guess I would like to know what that evidence is first before I have that kind of faith in L/E.

Another reason to bring up other cases is that every year many innocent people are released from Prison after years spent behind bars for crimes they did not commit. Once behind bars it is very hard to overturn a guilty verdict.

Anyway, what is the point of sleuthing if it isn't to have an enquiring mind and to dig for as much information as possible.

I guess I have been watching too much Investigation ID here in the US!

The missing pizza and missing sock could be linked.

Jo has spent a couple of hours drinking in the Bristol Ram. She gets home around 8:45pm and removes her coat and boots. She preheats the oven to 200c for the pizza and opens the cider.

The microwave/convection oven is ready in say 5 to 7 minutes.

In goes the pizza. If Jo is anything like me, from time to time the food you want to cook gets zapped. Microwave/convection ovens have a habit of defaulting to microwave mode if you don't stick to the correct sequence of button presses. If you've had a drink beforehand for instance.

Cook time is set to 6 to 8 minutes and the pizza is turning into a floor tile as she sips her cider.

Perp makes his entrance around 9pm.

Jo lies on the floor as the perp notices smoke coming from the microwave. It may even have dinged it's presence. 8:45 + 7min + 8min is 9:00pm.

He uses one of Jo's ski socks as a protective mitt to remove the roasted pizza and box from the scene to avoid setting off the smoke alarm.

Could even have been put in 44 Canynge Rd bins as they were emptied prior to a police search.

Originally I felt this was a case of a stranger killing as Jo was found on Christmas Day morning seemingly in plain view at the right of the quarry entrance. "This is my work" it said.

As it became more obvious that the deposition site was not at the entrance but further up the lane I had to change my mind.

The body was not dumped at leisure but in haste. Initial reports suggested evidence of the body being lifted over the stone wall where she lay. The perp didn't want Jo to be found. He was either disturbed or didn't have the energy. The heavy snowfall conspired that she wouldn't be found immediately anyway. A stroke of luck on his part.

Either way the attempt to conceal makes it more likely the perp was "close" to her.

For sure he knew the area well. The cutting below the stone wall could not have been readily seen by a perp casually travelling on that lane at night.

Apparently so.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/beast719

All imo it means is the vain attention-seeking poster on the Sky Boards had some prior casual familiarity with it. Maybe they live in Bristol. Maybe they're related to or familiar with the owners of the company (which seems to be a company in name only). Who knows.

Apparently so.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/beast719

All imo it means is the vain attention-seeking poster on the Sky Boards had some prior casual familiarity with it. Maybe they live in Bristol. Maybe they're related to or familiar with the owners of the company (which seems to be a company in name only). Who knows.

keep digging

there's a lot more

there are posts attributed to beast719 on a chess site, the sky blog and on the guardian website

after careful comparison of the style and content of the posts I would suggest it is the same person

is this person the same as the director of the company registered in Clifton Bristol?

is he indeed just an attention seeker? or does he have any relationship with any of the key players in this case

it is interesting to note that the posts from beast719 have ceased on all sites and all subjects

interesting you shd say that about scratching around for titbits.

son's girlfriend, who owns her flat 2 doors' away, was telephoned by reporters, wanting her take on the events.

it worried her that they had found her name and telephone number..presumably not directory-listed...

son is, incidentally, an actuary...used to dealing inprobabilities etc...
he has not be scared by the events...
As the owner it's a name anyone can look up and from the unedited electoral roll obtain details of other occupants. They are journalists after all, used to checking facts etc. when they're not having long lunches.

It's amazing how information ties together. My dad has recently been researching his family tree and made a staggering number of connections, and this in Wales with so many people sharing surnames!

keep digging

there's a lot more

there are posts attributed to beast719 on a chess site, the sky blog and on the guardian website

after careful comparison of the style and content of the posts I would suggest it is the same person

is this person the same as the director of the company registered in Clifton Bristol?

is he indeed just an attention seeker? or does he have any relationship with any of the key players in this case

it is interesting to note that the posts from beast719 have ceased on all sites and all subjects
It's been done on one of the JY facebook pages:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=139276336133713&topic=124

Plugged heavily there by a user called Deviem (Deviem Victoria). Tantalisingly the thread comes to a sudden halt with an impending bit of news from another poster. Maybe, lol, she rumbled him.

It's been done on one of the JY facebook pages:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=139276336133713&topic=124

Plugged heavily there by a user called Deviem (Deviem Victoria). Tantalisingly the thread comes to a sudden halt with an impending bit of news from another poster. Maybe, lol, she rumbled him.

yes aware of all the info currently available

and theres a lot more than what has been posted here

agreed it could all be someone who has pulled a name out of thin air

but

the beast719 was posting from 2009 on the chess site

and has stopped ...although he still visits

it would be interesting to find out if he is the same person as the director at the Bristol address what is his current occupation and what his relationship if any to the key players is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11