GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short break in #Tabak trial for lawyers to discuss point of law.

No surprise there then after that last bomshell

I don't get the 'point of law' business...

what difference does it make if she was in a bag, a suitcase, or a bloomin' duvet cover - she died, he put her in his car and dumped her body, then carried on with his life. Next door. With his girlfriend, going to dinner parties etc.

Any tweets on what was is Glen O'hare's statement?

Clio, what bombshell?

This trial is so BITTY - no timeline or chronology to hold on to... perhaps with a full transcript it might be obvious, but if even we who have been thinking about this case for months get confused, then the jury (who supposedly don't know much previously) must be totally befuddled...

hopefully the prosecution summing up will be effective.

Oh, I am sure there will be a lot of "I put it to you that ....." once VT is on the stand. That's where the Prosecution's version of the actual sequence of events will start to emerge in dramatic form, or so I hope!

Indeed the Prosecution closing speech should gather all the threads together, as you say. We can't get a true impression from the scraps that are being cast our way.

Agreed, and laughed out loud at the "liar and an idiot" bit. Exactly. Well, at least the latter. As for his shopping the confession - that "nonreligious confession" bit making it "allowable" is a non-starter with me - the chaplain showed the best Christian values, didn't he.

It's a bit of a paradox though when you think about it - he confesses that he's going to confess (and the defence say he's already confessed anyway), so it's not much to give away really is it!!! I mean - he's going to confess ....

@skynewsgatherer
In a statement to police Tabak said he didn't know Joanna Yeates and that until her photo was in the news he wouldn't have recognised her

That doesn't make sense to me. Is he claiming that he had never seen her until he saw the photos in the paper? Or does it mean that he didn't realise it was his ndn who was missing until he saw the photos and then recognised her as his ndn?

One of the tweets said that there would be some 'admissions' read, but then we didn't hear any more...

he must've known it was his ndn missing as the police had already been at his door on Sunday night - I'm sure it wasn't in the papers till at least Tuesday. He must've meant that he couldn't picture what she looked like till he saw the papers (liar!).

One of the tweets said that there would be some 'admissions' read, but then we didn't hear any more...

This is what I saw from the admissions

Prosecution now moves on to admissions, which is part of the evidence which is not challenged.

Court hearing about which items of clothes from both Joanna Yeates and #Tabak would shed fibres.

11 fibres from #Tabak's black wool coat were found on Joanna Yeates and her clothes.

Prosecution says the fibre evidence shows that Joanna Yeates came into direct with #Tabak's black coat and the boot of car he was driving.

Short break in #Tabak trial for lawyers to discuss point of law.

@skynewsgatherer
In a statement to police Tabak said he didn't know Joanna Yeates and that until her photo was in the news he wouldn't have recognised her

That doesn't make sense to me. Is he claiming that he had never seen her until he saw the photos in the paper? Or does it mean that he didn't realise it was his ndn who was missing until he saw the photos and then recognised her as his ndn?

I too wondered what that is supposed to mean. It seems to be saying that when he saw her photo in the news he recognised her but if he had seen her before that, he wouldn't have.

If he wouldn't have recognised her before, how would he have recognised her in the news?

Is he suggesting that he didn't know she was his neighbour?

Clio, what bombshell?

Under the admissions it was stated that "Prosecution says the fibre evidence shows that Joanna Yeates came into direct with #Tabak's black coat and the boot of car he was driving."

This is non contested evidence which means the defence agree with it.

But the defence earlier claimed he put her in a "cycle bag" to transport her to LL

So she wasn't in a bag then after all.....

I am finding reading tweets from the courtroom compulsive yet unhelpful. I am looking forward to reading a measured overview of the whole case (Yes, I believe in miracles)

Also finding a lot of it very upsetting. I hate that this vital young woman had her life snatched away for nothing
jyeates.jpg

Prayers for her loved ones

Avon and Somerset have pulled the video from their youtube channel....

mmm I wonder why?

perhaps it had the desired effect. people concluding that VT was in the same video, and seemed both to react to seeing each other.

Avon and Somerset have pulled the video from their youtube channel....

mmm I wonder why?

Perhaps a bloke who was innocently shopping in Waitrose has complained about being fingered as a stalker and killer
10.gif

I too wondered what that is supposed to mean. It seems to be saying that when he saw her photo in the news he recognised her but if he had seen her before that, he wouldn't have.

If he wouldn't have recognised her before, how would he have recognised her in the news?

Is he suggesting that he didn't know she was his neighbour?

I think edgedweller has it:

He must've meant that he couldn't picture what she looked like till he saw the papers (liar!).

The prosecutions evidence could be finished in the morning. Did they find no evidence in Flat 1? That would be most unusual. Where is the location of the blood causing injuries?

I'm surprised that VT is going to take the stand - it's a big risk as under cross-examination the prosecution could rip him apart ...

Don't underestimate VT. I suspect that he is a consummate actor.

And while you're about it, don't underestimate the possibility of a stupid, sentimentally inclined jury.

Perhaps a bloke who was innocently shopping in Waitrose has complained about being fingered as a stalker and killer
10.gif

rather that than they've just realised (via the internet) that it's VT in the clip!!

Not only that they have pulled the entire investigation off the website too??

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/StoryExpired.aspx

very odd..... perhaps they are concerned that the speculation could undermine their case in some way.

Any tweets on what was is Glen O'hare's statement?

Not much

Statement now being read of Glen O'Hare, a friend of #Tabak's girlfriend.

#VincentTabak played with friend's cats at dinner party the night after he killed #JoYeates, jury are told

#VincentTabak was "tired and miserable" at dinner party the night after he killed #JoYeates, the court is told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici