GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good pic of lorps house.....notice the wheelie bins?????? mmmm.

Plus he's not short of a bit of taupaulin going by the pic of the back of the jeep ?? Plus whats under the cover of the other one ?? Could this be the mystery 4x4 ??

Plus he's not short of a bit of taupaulin going by the pic of the back of the jeep ?? Plus whats under the cover of the other one ?? Could this be the mystery 4x4 ??

Those Jeeps/covered cars are on aerial images at least 4 years old i'm afraid.
I wondered if they might have any relevance, but they've been there a long time.

Those Jeeps/covered cars are on aerial images at least 4 years old i'm afraid.
I wondered if they might have any relevance, but they've been there a long time.

According to google streetview it says they were taken in 2010 ??

Anyone see my post from before regarding the message from CAG/MW's stepsister on the Daily Mail website?

Anyone see my post from before regarding the message from CAG/MW's stepsister on the Daily Mail website?

Think so. The one where she says she's not really happy he's become involved in this/he didn't really know her that well e.t.c?

Just come across this in the comments section of the Daily Mail, purporting to be from MW's stepsister:

Hang on a minute...charging at his desk? Where? Office parties don't tend to be held in offices any more thanks to good old 'elf and safety', and it has been reported the 'office party' was taking place in pubs/clubs in the Triangle, anyway? If MW was in a pub or a club, why would he leave his phone behind in the office and go back for it at gone 9pm?

So far we have had 3 reports as to why MW did not answer this text:

- asleep
- at office party so didn't notice it
- phone charging 'at his desk'

I wonder if the LE are aware MW's relatives are giving a different story?:waitasec:

Something is not right here.
Yes, I've found different stories, but it could be the press getting it wrong, but is something to watch.

So far we have had 3 reports as to why MW did not answer this text:

- asleep
- at office party so didn't notice it
- phone charging 'at his desk'

I think the whole thing is completely above board. The "asleep" claim was the press's version of what they had got from a friend of MW and no doubt a confusion. On the other two, I think that when Joanna made the call, MW was at his office and his phone on charge. Then he took the phone off charge and went to the office party where he checked his messages and saw the one from Joanna and replied to it. No mystery.

You're right that there's been a terrible amount of confusion about where the body was left. (Which is emblematic of how almost nothing has been straightforward with this.)
But I really think that it's incorrect that the body was left where you say.
The tent in the picture is one of two tents.
There's been a lot of discussion of this elsewhere, which I'll try to find.
But I'm positive that it's not there.
[But, yes, I'm aware that the flowers are laid at a different spot etc]

Catching up. With regard to the location and misreporting of location I'll add this:

In some images (see attached) there is also a white tent across the road from the quarry site entrance which made me think initially that the body was found there where there is a gap in the wall through to a cycle path leading back to the Clifton Bridge I think. To me this location directly opposite the site entrance makes more sense - in many other photos there are too many vehicles at the quarry site entrance - that would surely be a bad idea forensically.

Maybe her body was left in the woods opposite the site entrance initially then moved to a more obvious spot on the roadside so that she'd be found. Just maybe. jmo.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01793/yeates-road-_1793809c.jpg

Catching up. With regard to the location and misreporting of location I'll add this:

In some images (see attached) there is also a white tent across the road from the quarry site entrance which made me think initially that the body was found there where there is a gap in the wall through to a cycle path leading back to the Clifton Bridge I think. To me this location directly opposite the site entrance makes more sense - in many other photos there are too many vehicles at the quarry site entrance - that would surely be a bad idea forensically.

Maybe her body was left in the woods opposite the site entrance initially then moved to a more obvious spot on the roadside so that she'd be found. Just maybe. jmo.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01793/yeates-road-_1793809c.jpg
Yes the second tent. I got to say I think that's for one of three things I.M.O.
It was either covering some clue the Police thought to be vital. Or my favourite guess is it was protecting tyre tracks they might have thought had come from the car/4X4 turning around. The last one is, it was just a 'spare' tent they put up in readiness to shield the body being picked up, or placed into the mortuary vehicle from prying media cameras. Anyone any thoughts?

There is never any searching, or much action going on around that tent, certainly there are no close up photographs of it to be seen anywhere.

Anyone know what make/colour of car was shared by J/Y and G/R? He obviously took it for his trip up north....which left J/Y to walk home after her evening out. Presumabley they shared a car, rather than have one each, as they both worked at the same place?...but can't find any mention of what sort of car it was. Any ideas?

Anyone know what make/colour of car was shared by J/Y and G/R? He obviously took it for his trip up north....which left J/Y to walk home after her evening out. Presumabley they shared a car, rather than have one each, as they both worked at the same place?...but can't find any mention of what sort of car it was. Any ideas?

This is probably completely wrong of me, but I seem to recall hearing/reading very early on that GR took JY's "small car" to Sheffield because his own wasn't working. Could it be that GR used JY's car, and that the whole jump starting thing didn't get GR's car started after all?

Can anyone confirm that the 2 cars being lifted from No.44 were CJ's (I'm not talking about PS's vehicles) ? Maybe the sportier one was GR's. I always thought it was not CJ's style.

jmo

It seems clear that the detective was under the impression that the dumping spot was where the floral tributes were left, 50 yards south of the quarry entrance, which I think we have agreed is the correct dumping spot. His conclusions would have been more persuasive if he had looked at the right place.

Then she was found here

yeatesroadquarry.jpg

I haven't seen any info on this car either, which is strange. I would doubt if it was used to commute to work, though. Easier to walk in Bristol,for 2 athletic young people. Traffic and parking in that city is a nightmare, in my experience.

I've seen no mention of G.R's car apart from it had flat batteries. The two cars taken away on the loader were in relation to C.J. I believe he bought, or was looking after one of them from/for a friend abroad, possibly South Africa?
None of them belonged to Jo.

he would not have been in any position to do the dumping undetected.

Couldn't agree more. I am certain that she couldn't have been there undiscovered from the 17th/18th. Equally certain that he couldn't have moved the body after his midnight call or at any time since.

If he did anything with his own hands, it would have had to be between 8 pm and midnight on 17th/18th Dec.

It wasn't him.

Google search produced results between slim and none on the GR/JY car matter; like jigzy, I thought I recalled hearing it was a small car too, but can't find anything besides it referred to as "his car."

One car between them, think it was officially Greg's. A Ford Ka.

From memory, will look for source later. EDIT - secondary source here... Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - Press Conference on Joanna Yeates murder (Part 5) Original behind a paywall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member