GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further investigation revealed 'constriction' of the neck as cause of death

These words caught my attention in the press. Normally a victim is described as having been strangled. I'm beginning to wonder now if it was indeed a sex game that had gone terribly wrong.

With that statement, I was thinking that possibly she had fallen down the stairs and broke her neck.

Further investigation revealed 'constriction' of the neck as cause of death

With that statement, I was thinking that possibly she had fallen down the stairs and broke her neck.

Compression of the neck i.e strangulation is what they said. Very vague isn't it?

Plus when the parents saw the body, I wonder if her neck was badly bruised, any markings on it? If so surely they would have not allowed them to see her neck, like cover it sympathetically. Make up?
To strangle someone to death takes a good deal of force, there has to be bad bruising IMO.

I'm also surprised that her body was in such good condition considering she was dead for over a week. She just looked like she was sleeping I read. They must have seen her before the P.M took place obviously.

We need more information to rule in/out some of the suspects.

It seems GR is out of there, but has anyone given any thought to the idea that a train could come into play. Looking at train schedules, one can take a train from Sheffield to Bristol an about 3 hours, with trains leaving about ever hour or so. Visa-versa on return. However, the last 3 hour train leaves about 9pm and the next not until 6am. However, looking at Birmingham, about 1.5 hours from Bristol by car or rail, trains are running every 30 min back and forth all day long up to 11pm. Is there any evidence he left at 7pm? Is is possible it was closer to 6? Get in the car, get to Birmingham and fill up, train back to Bristol arriving about 9pm, train back to Birming ham arriving about 11, car to Sheffield for about 1230am. This would imply premeditation, something I do not think is a factor in this crime, but something to look at nonetheless. As I understand train stations have lots of CCTV and there are only limited number of trains, so I think this should be looked at.
The L/E seem to have ensured that there are no longer any links to the original appeal in which G/R speaks. Not on any of the archive news channels, catch up, iplayer, not included now in any of the newspapers as a link (which it was in the past) ... can only surmise that they have a reason for doing this...and draw my own conclusions that maybe it is because this will become evidence in the future? So, are we wasting valuable time trying hard to come up with other scenarios? I think we may well be.

Jy and GR have a spat before he is due to leave. She says: can't believe you are driving in this weather. you are so stubborn. it's foolish. what are you stupid. GR annoyed. This is his half brother afterall. Who is JY to tell him, he has been qualified longer than her but now professionally they are more evenly matched up, JY may even be looking to pass him. JY says: well go but I aint seeing you off, not in that lemon of a car, don't want to stand around while the neighbours have to push it to get it started. We live in a nice area, we aren't student bums anymore. GR says it's a great car, i love it and it will start no worries, think you know everything JY.

JY goes for drinks while GR is getting more and more upset as the jalopy refuses to start. Neighbours help and are light about the whole thing but GR in a rage.

JY coming home from the pub. Speaks with RS on the phone saying yeah GR went even though I was concerned about the long drive and weather. RS said yeah but you know what he is like *friendly giggle*. JY says yeah *stubborn and stupid*. Thinks I'll have pizza and watch the telly tonite while downing some plonk cider.

Lo and behold GR drives up the street and honks. Tells JY 'yeah the car wouldn;t start so maybe will go tomorrow morning instead'. JY says I'm going to duck in and grab a pizza. Does so and they drive home.

Get indoors. JY starts niggling 'see I told you the car wouldn't start, I was right' etc etc. GR had enough, loses his temper, strangles her. Realises after it is not the best of circumstances but what can he do. Grabs the pizza so it looks like Jo was alone and does not recognise the importance of the cider. Conceals body under a rug or bag, takes it to the boot, and dumps by the roadside and drives on to Sheffield. Still had his bags in the car. Wonders if it was maybe all a dream. Returns Sunday and finds out it is not. Wonders what to do. Realises he will have to contact police. Does so and hopes to ride it out.

This may all be completely wrong btw.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reet-lighting-tracing-killer-CCTV-easier.html

Quote: "Police have also confirmed that tests are not being carried out on Miss Yeates’s work colleagues unless they were also connected to her via the social networking site or had other contact such as emails or texts outside of work."

I think this is a mistake. One line of inquiry follows the theory that the killer was 1) known to JY buy maybe not that closely (i.e. able to get her confidence), and 2) also aware that she was alone. One doesn't have to be on social networking or had texts or emails outside work to know that. Both she and GR worked at this firm - there would (could) have been many colleagues they did not socialize with outside work aware of 1 and 2 above. People talk to their colleagues (close and not close) about what they are doing for the holidays in general conversation. Also, in a professional services firm such as landscape architecture, clients and subcontractors are part of an extended workplace.

This only makes sense if they think they have their man and are waiting for them to slip up, and these other activities are diversions to make it look like they are still searching. Because if they are still searching, they are casting the net too narrow.
"This only makes sense if they think they have their man and are waiting for them to slip up, and these other activities are diversions to make it look like they are still searching. Because if they are still searching, they are casting the net too narrow."

SPOT ON

Can't see anything here?

Oh....? maybe because it's a pop up and you have a pop up blocker? this is the link, it shows John Cleese in what looks like a hooded sleeping bag...

http://www.theaa.com/travel/maps/her-pop-under.html

like this one....

E4E166E2.jpg

An interesting article, thanks, and the first time I've seen it said that the mystery 4x4 was caught on the golf club's cctv. No matter how bad the image, the police must at least know its make, and have a precise timing.

Judging by the amount of regular daily activity around the dumping spot, I'm even more convinced that the body must have been placed there shortly before it was found.

On a totally different point, I am astonished that GR's video appeal has suddenly vanished from the internet. I assume the police pulled it- I wonder why? An arrest tomorrow?
I'd put money on it.....if I had any!

might i be correct in the assumption that the landlord,chris jefferies, liked everything to be in its proper place and order.....

might i then assume that he was conversant about which tenants cared for and respected his property....

jo and greg were not at all tidy, and probably more especially so on a friday night when both had been working all week, and she hadn't long been home...to tidy....

might the fact that his flat, rented out to them, had been disrespected by them not irritate just more than a little....

add to that the control obtained by tackling a girl on her own...probably verbally.... about her/their slovenly ways

might he have been snooping round, feeling excessive irritation with the situation...he had keys...and previous tenants said that he used them in their absence....

jo comes in and finds him; irritation grows; she objects to his snooping ...and the whole situation escalates....

after that...conjecture...but the body is secreted...in bag/bin liner....for a time.

ll realises greg will be out of picture till sun night....
at some stage seizes opportunity to load body onto drop-off vehicle...dumps

as another poster has proposed he covers his guilt by giving himself an aliby....he was in car coming in at 9pm and vaguely saw jo plus 2 others go out.

when theory comes to ears of reporters who inform police the story then becomes vaguer and finally disappears into the ether.

i see cj as a controlling figure, resentful of mess, in his own property, doing what he felt she deserved

echoes of glynis murder...control, irritation, dislike of women...couldn't be bothered to sit with mum when dying....ultimate control with something round their necks....
Could the ligature be Jos' pendant chain?...or would this break? Whilst I can quite imagine C/J throwing his toys out of the pram....don't have him down as a 'physical' person. Now if he'd shot someone...maybe...but he strikes me as the type that doesn't particularly like people anywhere near him...the thought of him 'up close and personal' in a strangulation? Can't see it.

The L/E seem to have ensured that there are no longer any links to the original appeal in which G/R speaks. Not on any of the archive news channels, catch up, iplayer, not included now in any of the newspapers as a link (which it was in the past) ... can only surmise that they have a reason for doing this...and draw my own conclusions that maybe it is because this will become evidence in the future? So, are we wasting valuable time trying hard to come up with other scenarios? I think we may well be.

I agree. Given the pulling of the GR video, I kind of expect an arrest this weekend. But then this case just keeps springing surprises, so I won't be holding my breath.

Sealing the entrance off with police tape, officers carried three bags with clearly visible labels.

One read, ‘blue and brown towel from bathroom’, another read, ‘green and white curtain from underneath skis and surf board in the hallway’ and the third one was marked ‘orange throw from fridge in living room’.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...urder-police-investigate-second-property.html

Wonder if it had a cover??

shortBlue.jpg

Ruined detroit,
while the subject we're discussing isn't even remotely funny, 'lemon of a car' and 'jalopy refuses to start' had me in hysterics. I'll have to remember that one, 'lemon of a car' and use it as soon as I can.

Ruined detroit,
while the subject we're discussing isn't even remotely funny, 'lemon of a car' and 'jalopy refuses to start' had me in hysterics. I'll have to remember that one, 'lemon of a car' and use it as soon as I can.

I used it because it it the kind of language and thoughts that people have where passion and familiarity is involved.

Thanks Destroyer.
I'll wait to see what a few other say first, but if the 8p.m time (which i'm sure i've heard before) is correct, then we have the 'golden hour' situation. In around an hour, and no later than 2 hours time Jo would be dead. That's going on the general consensus, and two seperate reports of screams heard around 9.15 p.m.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he did return to the flat after setting off at 8 p.m. Infact, has it even been reported he was seen to drive away?

I assume he arrived in Sheffield at not an ungodly hour to satisfy the Police?
But if he did kill Jo, and he stashed her body in that outbuilding around 9.15-30, then he set off to Sheffield, he is running little over an hour late.
That's easily talked away with the excuse of heavy traffic. But I actually think the traffic would be light at that time of night, and it was what is known as 'Black Friday' everyone is out on the razzle getting smashed because they've broken up for work.

Snowfall in Yorkshire was nothing more than a dusting that hit Leeds at midnight on Friday the 17th. Sheffield is only 39 miles South from here. There was no snow in Bristol looking at the C.C.T.V images of Jo, and the street view from the Hogs head pub taken just before 9 p.m. Put your foot down on a quiet motorway and you can pretty much make up for lost time.

Travelling to Sheffield he wouldn't have time to dump the body at Longwood Lane, but he would have time to hide it in the shed no bother.

I really think the Police need to get a grip of this case, to me they've been following the obvious, and have tunnel vision. They should establish the condition of snow depth on that grass verge outside the quarry that week. Was the road gritted for example.

I assume they have checked if the Quarry was in operation that week?
I think it would have been, they should question the drivers, the guy who opens the gate, and the regular dog walkers to establish if that body was there all week or not in their opinion. They also should check if the Quarry floodlights are on all night or not. This has bearings on the choice of location I.M.O.

The body was 'supposedly' snow covered when it was found. If it was covered in snow, then why wasn't it seen say the day before, or earlier?
The weather was still freezing cold on Christmas day, there was no significant thaw overnight to melt enough snow to reveal that body by morning. No thaw set in until Boxing day.

EDIT... to add the definition of 'snow covered body' does that mean it was totally covered in snow, on top of the body? Or had the body sunk into the snow, and snow was around it?
This factor makes all the difference indeed.
Sadly, I feel we are now going down the right track. I agree with most of what you say, although I believe he dropped Jo at the quarry on his way back to the M5 (just south of Gordano Services). As I mentioned in a previous post....if there was wind, as well as the snow, then a certain amount of drifting will occur...up against things like fences, walls etc., down here 2" was up to between 6 - 8" by the hedgerows....a body would be easily hidden....and dog walkers would have no reason to walk to the quarry entrance...as the entrance to the woodland walk is the opposite side of the road. I feel quite sad tonight to think that, after all the various theories, G/R could really be the perp.....and disappointed if he has managed to rope his brother and sister in law into his web of deceit...although maybe unknowingly. Think I def. go along with your 'early arrest' theory.

....if there was wind, as well as the snow, then a certain amount of drifting will occur...up against things like fences, walls etc., down here 2" was up to between 6 - 8" by the hedgerows....a body would be easily hidden....and dog walkers would have no reason to walk to the quarry entrance...as the entrance to the woodland walk is the opposite side of the road.

The only thing I can say about the snow hiding the body Mickey is, it was freeeezing cold during the early hours of Christmas morning. Bone chillingly so. The dog walkers stated they walk their dog in the same location every day. They would have seen it if it was there, they were pretty adamant about that.

When was the last time it snowed in Bristol prior to Christmas day anyone?

There certainly wasn't any kind of thaw during the early hours of Christmas morning, there was no change in the weather to suddenly reveal a once well hid body. It doesn't add up.

Sadly, I feel we are now going down the right track. I agree with most of what you say, although I believe he dropped Jo at the quarry on his way back to the M5 (just south of Gordano Services). As I mentioned in a previous post....if there was wind, as well as the snow, then a certain amount of drifting will occur...up against things like fences, walls etc., down here 2" was up to between 6 - 8" by the hedgerows....a body would be easily hidden....and dog walkers would have no reason to walk to the quarry entrance...as the entrance to the woodland walk is the opposite side of the road. I feel quite sad tonight to think that, after all the various theories, G/R could really be the perp.....and disappointed if he has managed to rope his brother and sister in law into his web of deceit...although maybe unknowingly. Think I def. go along with your 'early arrest' theory.

I think by the time he reached there, the brothers wife was asleep, only the brother will say what time he reached there.

IF
it is him, I think the police are playing a bit of a dangerous game, I dont believe for one second he intended for it to happen.... he could harm himself before the police have a chance to charge him.

I've never veered away from my GR theory, briefly considering MW, but I think the MW text was more likely the cause of what happened (or part of it) :(

I agree with Luna15 that the GR video has disappeared, not so we can't see what was said, but so GR has to remember what he said from memory in future...possible future evidence?

Has anyone forwarded any of their theories to the LE? (they have a link on the website).

I think by the time he reached there, the brothers wife was asleep, only the brother will say what time he reached there.

IF
it is him, I think the police are playing a bit of a dangerous game, I dont believe for one second he intended for it to happen.... he could harm himself before the police have a chance to charge him.

From what I've researched tonight, the half brother is in a respectable profession, the implications of this could be far reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels