GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the idea that pipkins gave me; check out cycle routes in Bristol.....

www.cycle-route.com

first one I look at - Bristol to Portishead Loop Cycle Route

Cycle Steps

This is a road route, that starts in the Clifton area of Bristol. It initially takes a direct leg over the suspension bridge, on the B3129, and along the undulating A369 to the M5. It then continues to follow the A369 into Portishead. The return leg takes you mainly on country lanes back over the M5, via a footbridge and Station Road into Portbury (which can't be displayed on this map. The map therefore takes the A369 and the High Street into Portbury). From Portbury you then follow undulating country lanes, through Lower Failand and Ashton Court Estate, back over the suspension bridge, on the B3129, into Clifton.

It goes down Longwood Lane!!

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Bristol_to_Portishead_Loop-Cycle-Route-5056.html

Keen cyclists new to the area, maybe?

Looking at other routes now
Good sleuthing!

From what I've researched tonight, the half brother is in a respectable profession, the implications of this could be far reaching.

Can you say? or hint?.... dont worry if not!

The reporting, albeit unconfirmed (as are most things in this case) of the 'tidy' apartment perplexes me.

JY didn't go to Sheffield so that she could tidy the place up and prepare for the party. No doubt she would want the place looking amazing as it was their first party in that apartment I believe.

If the bf did it on Friday evening then went on his journey he would be cutting it a bit fine with his alibi timings. Yes he could get away with a bit of extra time accounting for the slight snowfall and the busy roads, but there might be an element of doubt cast upon him by the LE, so the time of her disappearance would need to be seen as being Saturday, imo, or as late after his departure from home as possible.

The person, imo, who had the most credible reason for wanting to remove the body would be the bf. In the case of it being him, he would almost certainly have wanted it to appear as though she had NOT died on Friday, but a bit later, even Saturday - when he was certain to have an alibi, imo.

In a bid to distance himself time-wise from Bristol and the time of death, he would have to leave immediately afterwards on Friday and travel fast.

No phone call on Friday night, to say he'd arrived safely, because she was dead and in no position to answer, and this would mean that he would have to tell the LE later that she was 'missing' from as early as Friday evening, bringing her disappearance and his alibi closer together time-wise. This was too risky, hence no phone call to her Friday night.

Leaving the handbag, mobile phone, coat, keys, etc. would make it appear as though she was 'taken'. In any case, removing the phone could not be risked as triangulation would have established exactly when she went out of no.44. - again bringing closer together the time of death and an alibi.

The body dumped somewhere either Friday evening in panic (or Sunday evening in the 4 hours), now wearing different clothing - tracksuit for example as she had changed immediately when she had got home on Friday.

Apartment tidied up Sunday evening would make it look as though she had worked on it Friday evening and Saturday am (and not died Friday evening around 9pm).

Body moved just before Christmas Day to a very obvious place, as it needed to be found to show the change of clothing to make the LE think that it was not a Friday night thing.

I think the lost sock was a red herring to encourage the perp to return to the first site of disposal to check for it. The suspected perp of course being followed by the LE.

The problem of the pizza: Leaving an uncooked pizza (that she clearly bought for her Friday supper) would show the LE that she had no time to have cooked the pizza before being murdered, therefore time of death close to 9pm Friday. Cooking the pizza before the LE arrived on Sunday night was not an option as the smell would have stuck around. Pizza and packaging had to disappear.

Big 'spanner in the works' when the LL said he saw people in the grounds - this reinforced a Friday evening scenario, then the scream, however this all helps it look like an abduction thus diverting interest elsewhere.

I think the LE might be doing some things right by putting info out like the interest in the Clifton Bridge route (to make the perp feel like he'd fooled the LE with his 'clever' route), the missing sock (to make the perp think the LE were looking for a 'trophy' killer), etc.

I think we will see an arrest shortly. Softly softly.....

jmo.

Shortly after the body was discovered, it was suspected for a time (or at least was reported in the media) that she may have died of hypothermia

Further investigation revealed 'constriction' of the neck as cause of death

JY's parents were reported as saying she looked as if she were asleep, I think

Taken in combination, this implies there were few if any physical signs of struggle

If she'd been manually strangled, surely there would have been bruising ?

Whether or not the body had been at the Longwood Lane location from the outset or moved from one location to the next, could surely be determined via blood-pooling ?

I am no forensic pathologist, but I am lead to believe that bruising may not always be visible. Sometimes bruising, especially that obtained around the time of death, may only become visible with time due to decomposition processes. As her body may also have been frozen to at least some degree, decomposition may have been slowed down significantly. This may be one of the reasons why the postmortem took so long.

Over the weekend I'll see if I can find anything to substatiate this.

From what I've researched tonight, the half brother is in a respectable profession, the implications of this could be far reaching.

Indeed, and his place of work has TWO 4x4 vehicles parked outside that could be described as light coloured (Google Maps).

Thanks for the link teabreid.
Most interesting.

Before setting off, he visited Jefferies around 7pm to ask for help starting his car because his battery was flat and he did not have jump leads.

His car had iced up in the cold and he said he was driving up to Yorkshire to spend time with family. We got the car going and I believe he left shortly after that.”

Read into that what you will.
In a previous link...it says C/J rang PS at 6pm to borrow his jump leads...and he was asleep...can't see it would have taken an hour to start the car and....am now leaning towards ...the car never needed to be jump started...just a good way of collecting witnesses for an earlier leaving time!!!

Well if it is G.R, then the Police have the hardest man of all to finger. Any DNA, and Forensics can be blown away by a good barrister all too easy. I'm just wondering now if this quiet lull is because the Police are stuck, or just getting the damning evidence they need.

I do feel the games afoot Watson. :websleuther:

It seems to me pretty clear from police statements that the killer did a thorough clean up job. He covered his personally identifiable traces, but not the fact that someone had been deliberately covering traces. That, if so, would provide additional proof that JY got home and was murdered there.

Couldn't agree more. Thats why the Forensic Service was there doing the second ultra sophisticated survey. I read somewhere that the equipment used was said to be able to find prints and patterns that other systems couldn't.

Unfortunately the plans won't show much - but they will give the full extent of the basement if there is one. That might be useful.

If anything is happening with the theory that Jo's body was stashed somewhere. Then it has to mean those 4X4's, and the body being in Longwood Lane for 8 days isn't true.

It 'has to' mean her body was moved there on Christmas day. That is of course if the Police think their now on the right lines with the plans, and outbuildings enquiry.

Well if it is G.R, then the Police have the hardest man of all to finger. Any DNA, and Forensics can be blown away by a good barrister all too easy. I'm just wondering now if this quiet lull is because the Police are stuck, or just getting the damning evidence they need.

I do feel the games afoot Watson. :websleuther:

so the critical thing would be to try and find his movements between say, 8pm and 1am Friday 17th, I've always thought he filled up with petrol in/around Clifton, so no need to stop again, say his battery had died (or he removed battery/switched off phone) all the way on his journey.... the only other thing would be the CCTV along the way..... surely they would have done that already?? or have they not found anything?

Also, if forensics showed a 'clean up' had occured.... would a neighbour risk being in the flat for any length of time after murder? a concerned friend/relative might call round anytime to see why Joanna wasn't answering her phone, or not kept pre-arranged appt.

The police need the pizza packet with GR's prints on.... even then, if the 'best before' date is obscurred he could say they'd eaten it before..... the police have got a job on their hands.

Where would they fit in?

I don't really believe they do, unless the brother collected GR from Bristol (due to car problems) in a light coloured 4x4 which he owns and is involved.

jmo

If anything is happening with the theory that Jo's body was stashed somewhere. Then it has to mean those 4X4's, and the body being in Longwood Lane for 8 days isn't true.

It 'has to' mean her body was moved there on Christmas day. That is of course if the Police think their now on the right lines with the plans, and outbuildings enquiry.

Could mean it was moved anytime from 17th-19th December, before she was reported missing. Would have been very hard to get her out of the premises under the noses of all those police, IMO.

I agree, plus going direct to Sheffield on the 17th saves about an hour compared to going via Longwood Lane. To me it was always unlikely that the body lay where it was found undiscovered for 8 days. The last aerial photo you posted of the quarry shows the level of activity- that entrance was a busy place.

As these buildings are, presumably victorian, would they not have cellars?

Not necessarily - many victorian buildings do not have basements or cellars. But there is likely to be a gap under the floorboards of some kind so that the ground floor is ventilated and not sat directly on damp earth.

In this case, the flat rented by JY & GR is a basement flat, so probably below ground at least in part, and I think it would be extremely unlikely to have cellars or more basements underneath that. In my experience, even large stately homes and mansions tend not to have multi-layer basements, so a Victorian residence is unlikely to have one as a matter of course.

The only thing I can say about the snow hiding the body Mickey is, it was freeeezing cold during the early hours of Christmas morning. Bone chillingly so. The dog walkers stated they walk their dog in the same location every day. They would have seen it if it was there, they were pretty adamant about that.

When was the last time it snowed in Bristol prior to Christmas day anyone?

There certainly wasn't any kind of thaw during the early hours of Christmas morning, there was no change in the weather to suddenly reveal a once well hid body. It doesn't add up.
See your point but someone posted earlier that most of the dog walkers may have been working up until Christmas Eve and probably walking dogs morning and night....both of which are quite dark. Maybe Christmas Day was the first 'daylight' sighting....perhaps they, for some reason, chose to walk that side of the road?...the girl who regularly horserides past there said she wouldn't have seen it...and she is in an elevated position. Whilst I'm reasonably sure that he put her there on the 17th.....why did he not take her keys and belongings with her? Maybe he was secure in the knowledge that he had left her hidden somewhere in the flat and could return Sunday...having decided over the weekend what to do with her body....oh! I don't know...but the trial should make very interesting reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$