GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No key needed, not if she let them in voluntary of course.

No key needed to let him in, but if the door was locked when the boyfriend returned, then a key was needed to lock the door. Joanna's keys were in the flat, so a second set was needed.

It is likely that the door was unlocked when he returned ... which adds to the question of why the boyfriend waited 4 hours.

Unusual thing with that door is you would have to hold the letter box, or door knocker to close it wouldn't you? There is no handle to close it. I wonder if the door was closed, or left open when he returned?

No key needed to let him in, but if the door was locked when the boyfriend returned, then a key was needed to lock the door. Joanna's keys were in the flat, so a second set was needed.

It is likely that the door was unlocked when he returned ... which adds to the question of why the boyfriend waited 4 hours.

I wonder if the Police can obtain DNA from inside the lock cylinder? Keys spend much time on fingers. ...???

Unusual thing with that door is you would have to hold the letter box, or door knocker to close it wouldn't you? There is no handle to close it. I wonder if the door was closed, or left open when he returned?

Theres nothing unusual about a door not having a handle on it ?? Many people close there door by the key or by the knocker.

The woman smoking outside across the road from Jo's flat said she heard two screams but her view was obscured by shrubbery which suggests the screams were made in the open imo. Why would GR strangle Jo with their flat door open? He had a key to come and go through that door as he pleased. The perp did not, hence barging the flat door as Jo opened it and resultant screams because of the unknown intruder.

jo-yeates-image-2-697085012.jpg

From what I can see you don't even have to knock the door, there is an intercom, which if used would raise even less attention than knocking. Another thing I noticed about the door, is there is no handle (being an ex Joiner you tend to notice sad things like that lol) You have to open the door with your key and push it open by the looks of things. Even if she left the door unlocked, you wouldn't be able to get in from the outside, not until the Yale handle was turned from the flat side to move the lock bolt.

Unless someone had gloves on, which was quite possible considering the freezing weather, then if they pushed their way in, their dabs should be on that door somewhere. That is of course if she did get home. I wonder if it is at all possible to read anything from that intercom?

that looks like meter boxes nest to front door wonder if theres any info on if they use pre payment cards.
also it would be a way to lure someone out of the flat without them putting coat or shoes on maybe because gas boxes like those often have the gas cut off in them and on a cold december evening if you came home opened a bottle of cider then noticed that heating wasn't working you'd go check the meter first IMO

I would be more interested if you could get a body down that manhole cover ??

manholeq.jpg

that looks like meter boxes nest to front door wonder if theres any info on if they use pre payment cards.
also it would be a way to lure someone out of the flat without them putting coat or shoes on maybe because gas boxes like those often have the gas cut off in them and on a cold december evening if you came home opened a bottle of cider then noticed that heating wasn't working you'd go check the meter first IMO

Yes a very good point you make, i know people that use these & they have to put a card in to update the credit - its like pay as you go & very easy to manage.

I'm not even 50% sure whether i believe she even made it home atm, its more than possible the items were returned to the flat - & the reason for that would be for everybody to think she had made it home when she didnt. Therefore taking the focus away from elsewhere.

I have decided to take CJ off my list of 3, i am now going with MW & GR.

The woman smoking outside across the road from Jo's flat said she heard two screams but her view was obscured by shrubbery which suggests the screams were made in the open imo. Why would GR strangle Jo with their flat door open? He had a key to come and go through that door as he pleased. The perp did not, hence barging the flat door as Jo opened it and resultant screams because of the unknown intruder.

The 'screams' may well have been a fox. Hard to tell the difference sometime.

I think the answer to the crime will be the most straightforward and obvious one. No wild eyed stranger peeping through the curtains, no random stalker roaming the streets of Clifton, and certainly no Ikea men delivering a set of shelves.

I would be more interested if you could get a body down that manhole cover ??

manholeq.jpg
The body would be covered in grime and sludge if it had been down any manhole. No mention of anything like that when it was found. Plus you need special keys to lift them, not something you have in an everyday toolbox e.t.c.

She met someone she knew as she arrived home and invited them in?

Thank you and that could be possible.

I agree with those of you who say a stalker/stranger would not have moved the body. This is true. Of course if he strangled her on the doorstep and the door slammed shut and locked, then he wouldnt've had any choice but to remove the body from the scene or leave it lying in the alley. And if this were the scenario, where does the missing pizza fit in, and why have the police told us she knew the perp. They must have evidence. Or are they leading us down the garden path.

The body would be covered in grime and sludge if it had been down any manhole. No mention of anything like that when it was found.

Indeed.

And it is one thing getting a body down a manhole. It is a totally different proposition getting one up!

I wondered that too. Without a key and without a doorknob, the door could have remained open. My guess is that there could be some kind of hydraulic on the door that causes it to swing closed.

I wondered that too. Without a key and without a doorknob, the door could have remained open. My guess is that there could be some kind of hydraulic on the door that causes it to swing closed.

seconded. We have a communal front door and it is geared to close shut. We have a similar set up here to JY and we have never had a random murderous stranger enter the premises.

Digital spy's forum discussing Jo has 'closed due to high demand' it was working at 11am GMT today. IMO it was busy last week, this week seems slower. Maybe somethings afoot.
Robin, it's the whole forum section. I wondered the same, but it could have no relevance to the Jo Yeates case. We'll see!

As a rule door closers are only fitted to internal fire doors. Not externals, they'd be a complete pain trying to get in with shopping or anything, plus you would be locked out everytime. You'd have to wedge the door open with some considerable weight/stout wedge. I've never fitted a closer to an external door, and I was a Chippy for 20 years. Even talking to anyone at the door would be a pain.

J.M.O.

The 'screams' may well have been a fox. Hard to tell the difference sometime.

I think the answer to the crime will be the most straightforward and obvious one. No wild eyed stranger peeping through the curtains, no random stalker roaming the streets of Clifton, and certainly no Ikea men delivering a set of shelves.

I see it as pretty straight forward that someone stalked her on her way home, checked to see if she was alone, and then rang the buzzer claiming to have a Christmas delivery. From there, taking her from the flat in a vehicle in the back ... and gone. That gives the attacker all the time in the world ... although there is no sexual assault and she is fully clothed ... another curious detail that usually points to the boyfriend or someone close to her that wanted her eliminated.

Our front door closes whether I push it or not. I have to hold it open when talking to someone at the door. It's the same with the door to my flat. Landlords often do this with communal entry doors I think so that the door shuts regardless of whether anyone is paying attention to it and makes the premises more secure.

Our front door closes whether I push it or not. I have to hold it open when talking to someone at the door. It's the same with the door to my flat. Landlords often do this with communal entry doors I think so that the door shuts regardless of whther anyone is paying attention to it and makes the premises more secure.

But this one isn't a communal entrance.

As a rule door closers are only fitted to internal fire doors. Not externals, they'd be a complete pain trying to get in with shopping or anything, plus you would be locked out everytime. You'd have to wedge the door open with some considerable weight/stout wedge. I've never fitted a closer to an external door, and I was a Chippy for 20 years. Even talking to anyone at the door would be a pain.

J.M.O.

Wouldn't a door closer on an external door contravene fire regulations?

It seems to me that you have to use the key to pull the door shut- guarantees you can't lock yourself out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv