GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned, the evidence (little we have so far) and 'instinct' based on body language etc that it's GR is very compelling for me. So much so that I'm trying to focus my mind on altenative possibilities to avoid getting blinkered .

I don't see anything more than a family that has been told that it's highly unlikely that she is still alive. I think he looks very upset.

If it was GR then there is forensic evidence all over the flat that he lived there. On the other hand, fingerprints on the unopened pizza box and wrapping would conclusively indicate he was there during the time frame after JY's return to the flat.

I think he was in a panic and not thinking clearly Getting her body to the car was a monumental chore. He wanted to make as few trips as possible so he did not go back to retrieve the other items. The pizza with his fingerprints on the plastic wrapping had to go.
If it had been discovered in his absence, OK, but he did not make any effort to make this happen, on the contrary. Once back home, he was entitled to touch that pizza box (if it had been there) and the bottles of cider. Actually, GR's DNA could be found everywhere in the flat and all over JY's items, clothes and body (including on her lips and... inside her), it would still not prove anything. He is rather safe in this department. It is for others, that it would be bad.

Is there anyone who can help me out here please. The pic which I posted in post #252; which direction is South?. Is Providence Lane North or South of Longwood? tia

yeates200yards.jpg

yeates200yards2.jpg

If the new site is the one where the body was found (the fourth possible site), we must conclude that Phillb's preferred site, where the tent was, was under simultaneous investigation for a connected reason : perhaps the hope that relevant tyre marks had been preserved in frozen ice or mud on the road. That fits in with the fact that post-body-removal photos of the same site show considerable disturbance to the road surface but little or none to the verge.

On the separate subject of Greg's tears, it should be borne in mind that the ritual of missing person or post-murder appeals (and similar) organized by the police in collaboration with the media leaves very little to spontaneity. A man can be sincerely cut up without weeping. If Greg's tears were not flowing spontaneously he very probably was told to do his best to produce some.

And by the time of the latest appeal (yesterday), having seen himself the numerous negative commentaries on his first appearance, it is perhaps not surprising that he leans in the opposite direction, appearing calm.

But quite honestly, whatever he does is going to be interpreted against him by those who suspect his guilt, until the culprit, whoever it is, is safely behind bars.

Not sure of the link but I'm sure it's been confirmed she was found wearing her coat. I'll look back.

Got this wrong. I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere whether or not she was wearing her coat when found, therefore we can't know for sure yet.

GR seems to me someone who has highly inappropriate reactions to situations...possibly emotionally immature? My own son is suspected Aspergers and sometimes he can be in floods of tears for seemingly nothing, yet not react at other things which may upset someone more 'normal' (for want of a better word!). Possibly on the spectrum?

This could be backed up by his mum saying the JY was the first serious girlfriend he had had. That's not usual for a (then) 25 year old, my husband had had two 'serious' girlfriends (though not lived with them) by the time we met when he was 18.

At the recent appeal, he looked completely unflummoxed and like he didn't know where to put himself. Not even guilty, or calculating - almost like he didn't know what all the fuss was about?:waitasec:

None of this of course makes him a murderer, or capable of murder (or boy, am I in trouble!) its just an observation.

Although I have had GR as #1 in my suspect list since day 1 and don't seem to be able to get away from it.

All JMO, obviously.

Nausicaa said:
She [TY] saw the flat as the police saw it. She saw things, some of which the police have requested her not to reveal.
She did let it slip that she saw JY's diary which stated she was going to make mince tarts. Perhaps there was other information in the diary?

Phillb said:
They never divulged what she was wearing when the body was found. All they said is she was missing one sock. But on the other hand, if she was in different clothing, they probably would have said 'We are certain Jo reached home as she had time to change her clothes' .
I think if JY was wearing different clothing the police might not want to say so. Many others here have doubts she would've had those heavy ski socks on under her black boots. How many people wear ski socks with their work shoes, but they wear them around the house instead of slippers. She could have put them on when she got home.

SirRobert said:
What casts doubt on her returning is the lack of evidence, apparently, of a struggle in the location, forensic evidence of anyone else being in the flat...
I think lack of evidence of a struggle supports the theory that she knew the perp; LE hasn't mentioned existence of forensic evidence from the flat but it doesn't mean there isn't any.
SirRobert said:
...no one seeing her return and no one seeing her being bundled out to a car outside or leaving in her sock soles in the company of another party in what was.
True, no one saw these things, but most importantly, no one saw her body being placed by the road and that did happen. Lack of sightings just means the perp got lucky.

I want to commend everyone here again! All so polite and tolerant; no one getting overly aggressive when they don't agree with another's viewpoint. It's unusual for a forum, I think.
It's true we don't have much to go on with so few clues being released by LE, but when TY said in her impassioned message: " We spend much of our time - as I imagine most of the country does - thinking of scenarios which took Jo, alive in her flat, to being found dead by the side of a country lane", I think it's great that everyone's trying to help. There's really no such thing as a ridiculous scenario in a murder case. Anything is possible, with or without clues.

Got this wrong. I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere whether or not she was wearing her coat when found, therefore we can't know for sure yet.

I believe her coat was in the flat, I will post a link later, if I can find one.

I think it was said on the contrary that she was not wearing her coat when they found her (no coat, no boots, and only one sock), and it was said elsewhere that her coat was in the flat. As for the boots, I am not sure that they said they were in the flat, and they apparently never mentioned what happened to her work shoes. I would also want to know about slippers or other shoes that may be missing or not (both ways, it would be interesting), but GR may not know much about that. I would not blame him for not knowing how many pairs of slippers and shoes his girlfriend had and being unable to describe them.

According to Saul Kassin (go look him up on Google), "there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that professionals, trained or not, can distinguish truths and lies simply by observing a person's interview behaviour". I would therefore be rather skeptical of the notion that it is possible to reach any conclusion as to GR's guilt or otherwise based on some televised statement he made.

I was watching the Australian PM being interviewed on TV regarding the recent floods the other day. I got the distinct impression that she seemed rather pleased about the fact that Brisbane was under twenty feet of water. But I think that says more about me, and my unfamiliarity with Australian cultural nuances, that it does about Julia Gillard.

"DCI Jones said: 'When Jo Yeates was found on Christmas Day morning in Longwood Lane, although she was fully clothed she was not wearing her jacket and not wearing her boots and she was only wearing one sock.

'The jacket and her boots were found at her home address. That would indicate that Jo returned home."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344276/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Strangled-sock.html

This also...

"During filming of the reconstruction, the actress playing Joanna entered a Tesco Express on Regent Street in Clifton village, where Joanna had bought a pizza.

She was wearing the same cream-coloured coat as Joanna was wearing on the night she disappeared."

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2097308#ixzz1BVxoPCPW

@jasav
James Saville
New reports that tragic Jo Yeates' body was removed from her flat in a suitcase or bag, which police admit is missing....
3 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retweeted by Petercampbell1

saw the twitter post which is being retweeted?

Anyone else heard anything? Not long got home

article-1348132-0CCEEA64000005DC-721_634x524.jpg

Three out of four faces are etched with devastating sadness aren't they?

The harsh reality is that GR's grief is not as searing as her parents and brother. If he's innocent,yes, he would be devastated by this loss. But, he's a young man. He will, at some point,probably meet someone else.Raise a family. Jo's parents,though, have lost a child who they nurtured and guided into young womanhood. And for her brother, Jo is surely part of the fabric of his earliest childhood memories. Jo's blood family cannot ever replace her. Hopefully,their grief will become more bearable as time passes.But I doubt it will ever fade very much... Grief is relative.... Just some thoughts...

All JMO

BBM

I definately noticed that too.

316qgzb.jpg

is it just me? or did anyone else wonder why the BF's eyes out and inside seemed to be rimmed in red? like red kohl or something-just bugged me from when i first saw it, because i've never seen anything like that, could be nothing, a personal allergy thing, just felt like asking

@jasav
James Saville
New reports that tragic Jo Yeates' body was removed from her flat in a suitcase or bag, which police admit is missing....
3 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retweeted by Petercampbell1

If anyone is wondering who James Saville is [I was], he is the News Editor, Sunday Mirror, London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500