GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the CV ... didn't see the video .. but still .. from "2003 until now" to complete his PhD? It's a 2 year degree for a regular student. Why did it take him 5-7 years and what was going on in his head all that time?
It also says: 'Expected completion: June 2007'

Old CV. There are some updates on Publications, but his 'personal homepage' is down.

Lets get this straight, does this V.T actually live in the flats?
How come he's never been mentioned before?

It's all rather puzzling.

His name was news to me, maybe I've missed a post where he was referred to :waitasec:

Digital spy's thread has been locked.

Likely to do with not wanting to prejudice the trial. The law doesn't just cover traditional media, would extend to the ninternet and sites like this too. Let's bear this in mind as we post. An arrest has been what we've all been hoping for, let's be concious of not affecting the trial.

See here for more. No idea how to do a linky, hope this works.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/02/yeates-murder-landlord-press-coverage

I feel, along with many others, that the naming of someone on this site is an absolute disgrace!

Have you any idea of the consequences of doing this?

According to his CV he has to work in Bath and probably he is also living there.

I think on DS, it was discovered who lived in the flat next door via the electoral roll and 192.com but he was never named.

I strongly suggest all posts naming who they believe has been arrested are deleted. Speculation about him has the potential to jeopardise the trial.

I and others interested in the case have been aware of him and his connection to the flat for two weeks or more but we thought it inappropriate to put his name in the public domain, especially given what happened when Chris Jefferies was named.

Also, the only thing we have to connect him is his age and the fact he lives at the neighbouring address. It is still at least possible that it is another 32 year old living elsewhere.

On one of the earlier threads someone mentioned foreign students living in the block. I remember it being brushed aside. hands full (can barely get caps going :banghead:) so won't be able to dig out reference.

This bit is a hazy recollection...but they liveed in the other basement flkat? check that bit though

It also says: 'Expected completion: June 2007'

Old CV. There are some updates on Publications, but his 'personal homepage' is down.

His professional CV webpage is indeed down, and his last academic reference is a 2003 - 2007 projection to complete his phd. Did he complete it? Maybe he did and we're looking at old information ... and still ... more than 2 years for a phd is like a fail with an extension. So ... maybe he completed an architectural degree in Eindhoven in 2007 and was working in Bristol as an architect ... looking to pass his accreditation classes. What was his association with Joanna? Proximity?

I feel, along with many others, that the naming of someone on this site is an absolute disgrace!

Have you any idea of the consequences of doing this?

Roman Law prevents the naming of suspects other than by initials, but US law is different. US Law is a bit of a free for all in many respects.

If proximity is the only common factor, I'm sure he'll be cleared in no time. If there is more to it, then identifying him at this time does not impact a trial in any significant way since the details of the case have been played close to the chest. I think this is a surprise for everyone, and knowing the name of the suspect will not impede a prosecution.

I strongly suggest all posts naming who they believe has been arrested are deleted. Speculation about him has the potential to jeopardise the trial.

I and others interested in the case have been aware of him and his connection to the flat for two weeks or more but we thought it inappropriate to put his name in the public domain, especially given what happened when Chris Jefferies was named.

Also, the only thing we have to connect him is his age and the fact he lives at the neighbouring address. It is still at least possible that it is another 32 year old living elsewhere.

192.com have VT down as "40-44" years of age?

Roman Law prevents the naming of suspects, but US law is different.

So that makes it alright?

The person who's been arrested has not been charged with anything as far as I know?

Carry on throwing random names around. Who cares if other peoples lives are ruined in the process. :banghead:

If true, he seems to have slipped under the radar. I would be very shocked if police never checked him out earlier.

digitalspy thread is not locked at all, perhaps the old one was being looked at, its now on part 7

So that makes it alright?

The person who's been arrested has not been charged with anything as far as I know?

Carry on throwing random names around. Who cares if other peoples lives are ruined in the process. :banghead:

must say i tend to agree with you, not to mention that with twitter and forums all over the net the info spreads quickly and widely too

I know its a big ask but could and mod delete ask posts pertaining to any unnamed suspect please delete the posts? I've not named anyone but would like my post deleting, unfortunately I'm unable to di so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500