GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
His professional CV webpage is indeed down, and his last academic reference is a 2003 - 2007 projection to complete his phd. Did he complete it? Maybe he did and we're looking at old information ... and still ... more than 2 years for a phd is like a fail with an extension. So ... maybe he completed an architectural degree in Eindhoven in 2007 and was working in Bristol as an architect ... looking to pass his accreditation classes. What was his association with Joanna? Proximity?

Otto,

If you want to create a situation where there is a mistrial and a guilty man walks free you are going the right way about it.

You could satisfy your own curiosity about all of the above if you learned to use google properly. There is no need to have this discussion in the public domain where it could jeopardise a conviction.

I again urge all to delete references to the name, and not to engage in further speculation or discussion. Responsible moderators should lock the thread as DS have done. If this site is interested in bringing people to justice as it claims it must recognise that UK and US law differ and that this public discussion has to end.

So that makes it alright?

The person who's been arrested has not been charged with anything as far as I know?

Carry on throwing random names around. Who cares if other peoples lives are ruined in the process. :banghead:

If he is connected with this murder, it will become clear quickly enough. If he is innocent, being detained as a suspect is only a temporary inconvience. If he is involved, and not standing on the street wondering why his place is once again being cordoned off, he can shout it from the hills right now. If he is detained and innocent, he and Jeffries have something to say to the press. Will having his name released prior to trial impede his right to a fair trial? I doubt it. The trial should be based on facts of evidence, not whether his name was known before the trial.

Otto,

If you want to create a situation where there is a mistrial and a guilty man walks free you are going the right way about it.

You could satisfy your own curiosity about all of the above if you learned to use google properly. There is no need to have this discussion in the public domain where it could jeopardise a conviction.

I again urge all to delete references to the name, and not to engage in further speculation or discussion. Responsible moderators should lock the thread as DS have done. If this site is interested in bringing people to justice as it claims it must recognise that UK and US law differ and that this public discussion has to end.

DS is not closed and #464 names him..... lets see how quick the mods are there.

I know its a big ask but could and mod delete ask posts pertaining to any unnamed suspect please delete the posts? I've not named anyone but would like my post deleting, unfortunately I'm unable to di so.

all you have to do is edit your post, remove anything you want and replace with dots or different text

so what's the difference when everyone was referencing GR as a possible perp!

Otto,

Apologies ... perhaps there is something that I don't understand about having one's name released (rather than initials) and how that impacts a trial. Is the suggestion that people can no longer be objective if they are aware of the full name of a suspect?

[<snip> A Dutch architect in the area? Does he know Joanna, or does he know the boyfriends half-brother's friend?[/quote]

He lives at 44. I remember coming across him weeks ago while checking out the occupants of 44 and 46, so there's a chance I misremembered at that it was 46, but I'm 90% sure it was 44.

Apologies ... perhaps there is something that I don't understand about having one's name released (rather than initials) and how that impacts a trial. Is the suggestion that people can no longer be objective if they are aware of the full name of a suspect?

It's a Contempt of Court issue, logic has nothing to do with it.

Quite.

He was the only person that A&SC felt obliged to state was "not a suspect", but that didn't stop posters from filling this thread with endless speculative nonsense.

If he is connected with this murder, it will become clear quickly enough. If he is innocent, being detained as a suspect is only a temporary inconvience. If he is involved, and not standing on the street wondering why his place is once again being cordoned off, he can shout it from the hills right now. If he is detained and innocent, he and Jeffries have something to say to the press. Will having his name released prior to trial impede his right to a fair trial? I doubt it. The trial should be based on facts of evidence, not whether his name was known before the trial.

I'm at a loss for words right now. Shocking, absolutely shocking.

I hope you or a loved one is ever suspected of a crime and your names aren't bandied across the internet.

How utterly disgraceful!!

He lives at 44. I remember coming across him weeks ago while checking out the occupants of 44 and 46, so there's a chance I misremembered at that it was 46, but I'm 90% sure it was 44.

according to 192.com, he is in the same building as others who we know to be in 44...

can someone please offer an explanation as to why his (VT) is aged 40-44 on 192.com? .....

this 32yr old could be someone that was staying with VT? but then some have said his (VT) CV puts him at 32? ...... dont we all knock off a few years on our CV :blushing:

Thanks but it won't let me on my phone. And there's no way I'm logging on from work!

there is a time limit on editing posts, don't know what it is, you may be able to do it when you go home but if not, then send a private message to someone from admin- they can do it for you

Lets get this straight, does this V.T actually live in the flats?
How come he's never been mentioned before?

It's all rather puzzling.

I looked up all the people that appeared to live at 44 and 46 and he was one of them. There are a number of people who just didn't have anything that struck me as interesting about them though, or that I just couldn't find anything online about.

The difference is the police let that one slip and they shouldn't have. The media had a field day with him. His name was made public, this person hasn't been made public yet.

The police learned their lesson!

I'm at a loss for words right now. Shocking, absolutely shocking.

I hope you or a loved one is ever suspected of a crime and your names aren't bandied across the internet.

How utterly disgraceful!!

Little Miss Smart ..... in a prveious post about a different case, you felt it was OK to accuse Casey Anthony's family of sexual abuse though

t is understood that police have withheld the name off the arrested man because of the media frenzy that followed the first arrest in the case, that of Jo's landlord Chris Jefferies, 65.

There are strict instructions on what media outlets can and cannot report during police investigations and it is understood that investigators were extremely unhappy with some coverage that they felt overstepped the mark, potentially jeopardising their enquiries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...est-man-32-seal-road-lived.html#ixzz1BZg5BvZw

What a day~

Let's think positive. I think we are definitely making progress.

Now back to Sleuthing.. where were we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member