GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 members and 74 guests reading here right now; as always I would like to invite the guests to join WS.

Just a thought i had this morning that i was thinking of before i went to bed was the bedrooms to the 2 flats were basically adjascent am i right ?? Well in fact i suppose the two flats basically run in tandem with each, except for false walls & blocked of door ways.

This would mean both flats flooring would of been laid on the same floorboards - what i am getting at here is would it be possible to slide under the floorboards, under the false wall & into the other flat ?? Definitely no-one from outside would see you if that were possible ??

Plus you maybe able to slide a body under the wall & out the other side without anyone seeing you either ??

I know its a bit far fetched, but you can see what i'm getting at - has anyone else come up with any ideas along these lines ?? I'm still totally bemused, but looking into all possibilitys. Of course this theory would depend on the deepness under the floorboards.

Just a thought i had this morning that i was thinking of before i went to bed was the bedrooms to the 2 flats were basically adjascent am i right ?? Well in fact i suppose the two flats basically run in tandem with each, except for false walls & blocked of door ways.

This would mean both flats flooring would of been laid on the same floorboards - what i am getting at here is would it be possible to slide under the floorboards, under the false wall & into the other flat ?? Definitely no-one from outside would see you if that were possible ??

Plus you maybe able to slide a body under the wall & out the other side without anyone seeing you either ??

I know its a bit far fetched, but you can see what i'm getting at - has anyone else come up with any ideas along these lines ?? I'm still totally bemused, but looking into all possibilitys. Of course this theory would depend on the deepness under the floorboards.

Daily Mail has a best-yet "layout of house" picture:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/21/article-1348968-0CD97C64000005DC-451_634x1377.jpg

The only thing I noticed about the layout of the 2 basement flats was that NUA's second smaller bedroom shares a wall with Greg and Jo's only bedroom. Without going into too much detail could NUA hear the other couple at night ?

I live in a house of a similar age, and our underfloor space is very shallow - maybe only 8/10 inches or so. I did consider it when there was the constant reference to the blocked door which will have almost certainly be a solid wall nowadays. But it's certainly a consideration and one that LE will hopefully examine.

It's only quite recently been reported by the media that NUA and his girlfriend separated several weeks ago. It's not confirmed, but that's what the media is claiming sources have suggested

Prior to that, much was made (and is still being made) by the media of the very close relationship enjoyed by NUA and his girlfriend

So, that being the case, it's reasonable for the public and online sleuths to suppose that the individual most likely to provide NUA with an alibi for the period in question would be his girlfriend

Then add to that CJ's reported claims that he suspected he'd seen JY departing her flat in the company of two others, speaking in hushed tones

Taken together, with more I haven't bothered to include, it seems reasonable for the public and online sleuths alike to regard NUA and his girlfriend as a 'unit' and to speculate and theorise as to whether the girlfriend played a role

Now, as said, the media's claiming NUA and his girlfriend separated several weeks ago, which would tend, no doubt, to lessen interest in her. But, a lot of posters might not be totally up to date on developments (including reports of a break up between NUA and his girlfriend)

The media has also reported that the girlfriend is helping police with their enquiries but not considered a suspect.

Just as well, that would be contempt of court.

No one is saying otherwise.

The question is this; what is the average age of a murderer? I came across one source at HMP that said that the average age of a sexual murderer was 34. What would the life expectancy of a 34 year-old have been in 1974? 37 years perhaps? Which would mean that 50% of those that were 34 in 1974 would now be dead. Of those that were alive there would be a good chance that they were physically incapacitated in some way - disability is very much age related.

Now I don't really know the answers to any of those questions (but I expect an actuary would) but a back of the envelope calculation would suggest to me that it is unlikely that two murders in 1974 and 2010 were committed by the same person.

The killer was pegged at being aged 20-25 back in 1974, and if he led a healthy life then of course he could still be here. Anyway, I noticed this earlier on a facebook page and it seem someone else is thinking along similar lines. I've also seen suggestions that there are links to another couple of areas concerning Clifton College in which two other women were found killed in a similar manner to Glenis and Joanna.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=128719860525280&topic=345#topic_top

I would imagine the state of the body would be pretty bad having undergone anything like that, covered in dust, marks and bruising. The sheer effort into that kind of excercise, and chances of succeeding, without making any visible signs (inside the flats, or on the body) or any noise being made are negligible.

J.M.O It's a non starter, and not remotely possible in this case.

I'm currently thinking about the sock, and whether or not, in the course of undressing (or being undressed by someone else) whether you'd normally remove socks before jeans?

Given what has been said about location of saliva traces, it seems possible Jo was in the early stages of becoming undressed (willingly or otherwise), getting as far as removing one sock but not the other.

The only thing I noticed about the layout of the 2 basement flats was that NUA's second smaller bedroom shares a wall with Greg and Jo's only bedroom. Without going into too much detail could NUA hear the other couple at night ?

Much will depend on the quality of the conversion. I know of people that could hear their next door neighbours use the bathroom :yuck: Self contained flats should really be sound proofed to a high standard.

Is it possible to walk from NUA's flat to JY's door around the back? As that could make it more obvious as to why seemingly no one seems to have seen anything.

The neighbour is a highly intelligent person and would realise that there would be witnesses to her buying the pizza and maybe even to her arriving at the house. He only had to go from the back to the side of the house so, late at night, he is unlikely to be seen.

Carefully placing these items in the flat, he knew he had a few days to do it, would mean a lot of bought time as police fruitlessly did a forensic search in the wrong place.

Is there no dividing fence at the rear of the two basemant flats which would prevent access to JYs front door ?

I've not given too much thought to the sock before as I thought it had probably come off sometime during the deposit of the body, maybe coming off in a vehicle - discovered on the return journey perhaps, and dumped somewhere.

However, I'm now wondering.....if she put up a fight the perp would have a struggle to restrain her and silence her and go about having his evil way with her. If she was struggling horizontally but face down kicking her legs back and forth the perp might have grabbed a sock, held it between his teeth momentarily (as one would with a hair grip, screw, dressmaking pin, etc. before using it) whilst using his hands to restrain her, then silenced her with it. His saliva would be on it.

Apologies if this is too graphic - mods pls remove if so.
jmo

Is there no dividing fence at the rear of the two basemant flats which would prevent access to JYs front door ?

Google and Bing overhead maps don't show a dividing fence at the rear. Looks like a communal area.

Is it possible to walk from NUA's flat to JY's door around the back? As that could make it more obvious as to why seemingly no one seems to have seen anything.

IMO, no fence. Walking between the 2 basement flats is a matter of seconds - and this would be the route that JY would have walked often to her car in the rear car parking area, so walking past the other basement flat's front door would be quite usual, imo.

A recent post mentioned the unlikelihood of a perp attempting to place objects back in JY's flat because her door was overlooked by no.42 and the perp might have been seen...and this being too risky....

To this I say..... remember the scaffolding. Given the short distance between no.44 and no.42, anyone looking out of the windows at no.42 would only see scaffold board walkways. Only someone at the side door of no.42 would stand a chance of seeing a perp entering JY's flat and prior warning would be signalled by sound/movement in just enough time to swiftly enter the flat or duck down beside the high wall separating no.44 from no.42. I don't actually think it would be considered 'too risky' by someone who had just killed someone. jmo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00528/police_528121a.jpg

Having said that, I'm not a believer in the theory that belongings were planted back in the flat.

I never noticed it before but the walls are thicker where the chimneys are located. Would fireplaces be common in converted flats such as this?
I'm wondering if NUA could have tried burning the missing sock and pizza container. If so, would any residue be left behind?
Just a thought. MOO.

This is what I speculated here last night. I asked the question if an open fire existed. Not sure if real fires are allowed in 'built up' areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn