UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if the man might have walked from the leisure centre in Spinney Lane, Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre.

Just the sports bag and fingerless gloves which might be worn for weight lifting made me wonder, although I'm sure police have been there already to check it out.

That is a fair assumption, however if he was in the gym he would have had to check in for covid tracing? - If signing in through the app, is it encrypted? They may not be able to retrieve any information on him through that?

I googled the leisure centre and it appears to be closed due to Covid .
Oh really, I just got "open now" on their facebook page. Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre

and this post on 11th April

Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre

Tomorrow is just around the corner. The team are excited to see you back and working hard.
1) On arrival reception will check your membership and ensure your details are correct.
2) Scan the QR code for the purpose of track and trace.
3) An induction will take place on your first visit back to ensure the safety of all members.
4) Make sure you are wiping all equipment down when you have finished using them.
5) Hand sanitizer stations will be clearly visible and there to be used frequently.
6) Dedicted areas are marked out on the floor to ensure social distancing is taking place at all times.
The measures we have installed there for the safety of both members and the team. Work hard, push yourself to new limits but please be mindful of others. We look forward to seeing you back.
Invicta Community & Leisure Team
Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre

Hi all,

I just thought it might be of interest to you. I drove past Aylesham today and saw police doing a search of the woods in the area circled in my photo attached, close to where Julia's body was found.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210507-202919_Maps.png
    Screenshot_20210507-202919_Maps.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 97
Hi all,

I just thought it might be of interest to you. I drove past Aylesham today and saw police doing a search of the woods in the area circled in my photo attached, close to where Julia's body was found.

Thanks

Welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for offering to answer questions.
Do you live locally? Is this a new search area ?

Saw the picture on the BBC website a few hours ago....surely whoever took it and offered it to Kent police would know the identity of the individual (or at least where they came from/were going)

You don't tend to go up to random people in fields in the middle of nowhere and ask for selfies with them so seems a bit odd unless they simply can't locate him now and he's on the run.

Edit: Ah didn't read on other page it may have been dashcam footage. That would explain it more, driver going past someone waiting or acting a bit odd in a field.

Hopefully he'll be located and can assist police with their inquiry very soon.....

I was just wondering if the man might have walked from the leisure centre in Spinney Lane, Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre.

Just the sports bag and fingerless gloves which might be worn for weight lifting made me wonder, although I'm sure police have been there already to check it out.
I guess he may have killed her with a kettle bell

A few things from the photo:

1. Dark hair helps consider facial hair growth. Looks there is a stubble shadow, but limited, possibly 24/48 hour growth maximum? Looks relatively fresh and well kempt as opposed to someone who drifts or lives along the hedgerows.

2. Are those holdalls are enjoyable to walk around with? They always look more trendy than practical, but possibly ideal for short walks with kit to play sport. Rewind to the dog theft scenario. How do you actually steal a dog and get away? Do you put it anything and then run? Holdall would seem an appropriate size. However, the photo does indicate something within the bag of modest size due to the bulge. A question, are the two different straps from the bag being used, over the shoulder? There does appear to be two separate straps over the shoulder area. Or could there be a second bag out of shot down the left hand side of body?

3. Is it possible to conclude right / left hand preference from the use of the right shoulder and the position of the right hand? Try it, mimic the position.

4. Skigh makes a good point about possible scratches to face. Although looks more like a distinctive blemish/scar to the side of the chin. Mess around with the contrast, brightness of image and grain etc.

5. The hoody/jacket looks kind of silky. Possibly soft velvet/towling like you might see in a gym to absorb sweat after a workout?

All in MOO

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks

The area you've circled actually includes the area where we believe the photo of the POI was taken.

2. Are those holdalls are enjoyable to walk around with?

I used to use one and no, not really, especially if heavy, much less comfortable/practical than a rucksack IMO

3. Is it possible to conclude right / left hand preference from the use of the right shoulder and the position of the right hand? Try it, mimic the position.

Right handed I'd say. I am right handed and would always only carry it on the right shoulder, it would feel wrong to me on the left.

You don't tend to go up to random people in fields in the middle of nowhere and ask for selfies with them so seems a bit odd unless they simply can't locate him now and he's on the run.

I think the police just want to talk to this man about something he may have seen.
I don't think this man is a suspect, as such. The police haven't said he is a suspect, and they would hardly post a photo of someone they think is a murderer at this stage.

I think he may have been piloting a drone. I think that's what may be in the holdall.
I think the photo of him may have been taken on a mobile phone by a friend who was with him, and uploaded online somewhere (same place as the drone footage maybe?)

Last edited:
I think the police just want to talk to this man about something he may have seen.
I don't think this man is a suspect, as such. The police haven't said he is a suspect, and they would hardly post a photo of someone they think is a murderer at this stage.

I think he may have been piloting a drone. I think that's what may be in the holdall.
I think the photo of him may have been taken on a mobile phone by a friend who was with him, and uploaded online somewhere (same place as the drone footage maybe?)
The photo was captured in dashcam footage. Link upthread from earlier.
I have a feeling he is not a murder suspect but may have had contact with the murderer unwittingly...
but that feeling is not based upon facts, just instinct.
It's also possible that he may be in danger himself from the murderer, that could justify placing his photograph in the public domain.
Then again, he could be a proficient hit-man.
We do not know because we have no motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500