GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

Could it be that Katie was walking home by herself/with a little friend? Mum panicked when she didn't turn up home?
Katie was going to be 8 next week, it's not uncommon here for junior school age children to walk home on their own.
Maybe the 15 year old intercepted this walk home?

Where I live (and I guess it will be similar-ish elsewhere) children aren't allowed to leave school alone until year 6 (last year of primary, age 10/11). However, the secondary schools start and finish approx half an hour earlier, and there are quite a few kids who get collected by older siblings. Katie is in year 3, the same as my 7 year old daughter who wouldn't be allowed to leave with anyone but an authorised person so I'd b surprised if she was walking home alone.

Welcome all new members, see link below for UK case index!

Where I live (and I guess it will be similar-ish elsewhere) children aren't allowed to leave school alone until year 6 (last year of primary, age 10/11). However, the secondary schools start and finish approx half an hour earlier, and there are quite a few kids who get collected by older siblings. Katie is in year 3, the same as my 7 year old daughter who wouldn't be allowed to leave with anyone but an authorised person so I'd b surprised if she was walking home alone.

Down here in Devon they're allowed to leave school alone from the start of KS2 so age 7!

Down here in Devon they're allowed to leave school alone from the start of KS2 so age 7!

I know the school the 15 year old went to. But it's not published, Would I be allowed to put finishing times here alongside with how far it is to walk?

I live greater London my son could also walk home when in juniors ks2. I'm also sandwiched between 2 senior schools and there was a fair amount of those pupils collecting younger siblings even ones in nursery or reception classes. I think it's pretty much normal these days

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

My son wasn't allowed to walk home alone until he started primary school (year 3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far is the teen's house from where the little girl was found?

Wow, that's so young, I can't imagine my little girl walking home by herself, even though it's only 5 mins away!

I'm in Shropshire and here, once in key stage 2 - think 7ish? They're free to go.

I've always taken and collected mine til they started secondary school and my youngest daughter til she finished flipping sixth form as I had to drive her! 😁

My gut feeling on this is that the 15 year old is very unwell which may or may not have been known before.
I've got a feeling it was but, young people's mental health care is ***** in the UK.

When my middle daughter was 13 she suffered a Stroke. She was on a normal kids ward once stable and in a side room was a girl she was in some lessons with at school. Also 13, she was psychotic due to a Thyroid problem. Don't know if it's still the same or the same in all the UK, but then (8 years ago) children were not sent to the local psychiatric hospital, if they were psychotic or schizophrenic, a danger to themselves or others etc they got a side room on the kids ward with a hospital security guard sat outside the door ... otherwise it's a referral to CAMHS and a damned long wait to be seen!

.Updated timeline; http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/12/katie...ing-by-parents-before-body-was-found-6376451/

"The parents of the seven-year-old schoolgirl had reportedly called police on Monday stating she had not been seen by her mum for almost an hour.It is claimed that the report came in 13 minutes after police had received another call stating a child had been found in a serious condition."

- 15:05 - 15:15 Katie is released from school
- 15yo places call to police at 16:36 stating Katie had died
- mother calls police at 16:49 stating katie has been missing for almost an hour

So between 15:05 to 15:49 it appears the mother knows where Katie was, which could could mean she picked her up from school, fed her and she went out to play. 15 yo approached her and took her somewhere else leading to alarm. When she first left , maybe they didn't think it was cause for concern I.e 15 yo says she's taking her to the shop, when she didn't return when expected she panicked. However she doesn't appear to have known the 15 yo was with the her. If she did, why call the police to say she was missing? It doesn't make sense. Unless Katie was supposed to go a friends house, mom calls her for dinner to find she never went, leading to frantic call to the police.

They are definitely brothers or cousins. It's not Paul's children. But never saw the article till now. Great find. Considering this is also on the dad's side is very interesting. Obviously can't look to deep in to this yet, but maybe biological component at play.
What? What biological component?

The boy wasn't killed, he died according to the article.

I'm speechless...

This is the second child in the family killed??? Holy crap.......

They are definitely brothers or cousins. It's not Paul's children. But never saw the article till now. Great find. Considering this is also on the dad's side is very interesting. Obviously can't look to deep in to this yet, but maybe biological component at play.

Read the story again and give it your full attention. It is about a child who died in 2005 of natural causes.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with current events.

Posts on here sometimes leave me speechless too,

Read the story again and give it your full attention. It is about a child who died in 2005 of natural causes.

Me too Cherwell! And cross!

They stated it did not appear to be suspicious but were investigating / running further tests. IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED AT THIS TIME, THOSE WHO KNEW THE FAMILY WERE SUSPICIOUS AND THOUGHT FOUL PLAY WAS INVOLVED. This is mere speculation, biologically it could be as this is on the fathers side. This is just developing theories. Not inciting mob mentality or attacking the family.

re - bold above

Where does it say that?

You mean the local Jeremy kyle viewers don't realise that children die of 'natural' causes and jumped to the most dramatic conclusion?

Either way, THIS couple have NO other articles on their 'arrest' 'trial' 'sentence' so let's assume their child DID die of natural causes? I'm sure they don't need their child's death dragged up by strangers insinuating otherwise AGAIN.

They stated it did not appear to be suspicious but were investigating / running further tests. It should also be noted at this time, those who knew the family were suspicious and thought foul play was involved. This is mere speculation, biologically it could be as this is on the fathers side. This is just developing theories. Not inciting mob mentality or attacking the family.

The story was from 2005 !

Don't you think there would have been more reports about it if it had been anything more than unkind gossip and rumour spread by the ignorant.

My speechlessness relates to the amount of tragedy that appears to have befallen this family. Not about any connection between the cases. You made an incorrect inference.

My speechlessness relates to the amount of tragedy that appears to have befallen this family. Not about any connection between the cases. You made an incorrect inference.

Then you should have made your meaning clear.

Honestly, I think all these posts about the other family need deleting asap. We're on thin ice as it is with minors involved and it's clear there's no connection between the two cases.

Honestly, I think all these posts about the other family need deleting asap. We're on thin ice as it is with minors involved and it's clear there's no connection between the two cases.

I completely agree. These are two different families, two different circumstances, and the first family has been through enough. There is no connection with these deaths.

My daughters school recently implemented that years 3 and above could walk home without having an adult collect them. I was livid! But there are parents who do let their 7 years old walk home alone so it's not impossible

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LPopadoodles