GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

shocks me to see something like this happening in York, we get a fair amount of river related deaths, but its very rare to hear of children hurt :(

It really is. Everyone is talking about it. I just went for a walk to Sainsburys and the pharmacy on Blossom Street. I stopped at the lights to cross the road and a bunch of men on their bicycles were talking about it, whilst they waited for the lights to change. I so desperately wanted to chime in. I think this is only the 2nd child I have ever known to have gotten killed in York (by the hand of another, if this is what this is)

The other one being Norma Dale in 1946

It really is. Everyone is talking about it. I just went for a walk to Sainsburys and the pharmacy on Blossom Street. I stopped at the lights to cross the road and a bunch of men on their bicycles were talking about it, whilst they waited for the lights to change. I so desperately wanted to chime in. I think this is only the 2nd child I have ever known to have gotten killed in York (by the hand of another, if this is what this is)

The other one being Norma Dale in 1946

I always think of York as so safe, especially compared to where I'm originally from! And as far as I'm aware the only unsolved murder in York is that of Claudia Lawrence!
I've also worked in both A&E and paediatrics at York Hospital, I feel very much for the staff.

You know I won't click that cags :p

Just wanted to say I had an awful feeling stabbing was going to be the case, not sure why just did

So terrible to see this happen. That poor, sweet little girl and her family don't deserve this - no one ever does. I hope and pray for peace and healing for her family and for swift and harsh judgement for the person that could do such a horrible thing to a truly innocent victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tributes to Katie Rough, 7, who died in Alness Drive, Woodthorpe, York - 15-year-old in police custody

3C06D1C600000578-4103884-image-a-18_1484072086467.jpg

POLICE have named the 7-year-old girl who died after being found with severe injuries in York, as Katie Rough.

A 15-year-old girl arrested remains in police custody.

A North Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said on Monday evening: "Katie’s family are devastated by this tragic event and have asked for their privacy to be respected at this extremely distressing time.

"Police are appealing for witnesses who were in the area of Morrell Court, Belhouse Way, Osprey Close and Alness Drive between 3pm and 5pm on Monday and may have seen two girls, one aged 15-years-old and the other 7-years-old, to get in touch."

Katie was found with life-threatening injuries behind a house in Alness Drive, Woodthorpe, on Monday afternoon and died in hospital.

So very sad to hear this, my thoughts are with all the family involved.

I'm particularly saddened because almost exactly 2 years ago my 14 year old son phoned me whilst I was at work to tell me that he had been stabbed in the chest by my other son, 15 at the time. My 4 children aged 10-15 were alone with no adults in the house. He said he couldn't breathe. I was 20 miles away.

Thanks to paramedics and surgeons his life was saved and he has made a full recovery from a punctured and collapsed lung and serious internal bleeding. My other son was arrested and charged the same day.

I wanted to share the above to just help people understand that this can happen in a 'normal' family. I don't know what a normal family is like but I can say these incidents happen more times than is ever reported, it is a sad exception when it becomes this serious and hits the headlines.

It took some months for normality to return to the family however I never forget because I still have social services visit frequently to check up on the family.

Hugs to you that was what i writing earlier children may be teenagers and in theory know that things are dangerous but things can get out of hand really quickly and what was a minute ago "mucking about" turns into some else good luck to you :)

I'm particularly saddened because almost exactly 2 years ago my 14 year old son phoned me whilst I was at work to tell me that he had been stabbed in the chest by my other son, 15 at the time. My 4 children aged 10-15 were alone with no adults in the house. He said he couldn't breathe. I was 20 miles away.

Thanks to paramedics and surgeons his life was saved and he has made a full recovery from a punctured and collapsed lung and serious internal bleeding. My other son was arrested and charged the same day.

I wanted to share the above to just help people understand that this can happen in a 'normal' family. I don't know what a normal family is like but I can say these incidents happen more times than is ever reported, it is a sad exception when it becomes this serious and hits the headlines.

It took some months for normality to return to the family however I never forget because I still have social services visit frequently to check up on the family.

Thank you for sharing this. It must have been such a horrible time in your life and I'm sure it's still hard now.

These incidents do happen to 'normal' families. I am aware of one incident in my town which resulted in one teenage sister stabbing her sister in the midst of an argument and, sadly, resulted in the loss of her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very sorry you had this happen to your family ❤

... that was what i writing earlier children may be teenagers and in theory know that things are dangerous but things can get out of hand really quickly and what was a minute ago "mucking about" turns into ...

...These incidents do happen to 'normal' families. I am aware of one incident in my town which resulted in one teenage sister stabbing her sister in the midst of an argument and, sadly, resulted in the loss of her life.

Thanks, good to hear a different point of view on this site, currently the local social media is in its usual frenzy demanding capital punishment is bought back <modsnip>

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/n...-York-7450996b-f84e-444b-91f7-c1896a3b909c-ds

<modsnip>

She described how she saw the mother on her knees crying in the road.

<modsnip>

My guess is the latter. It sounds like Katies mom was first on the scene, perhaps the 15 year old told her what happened.

Awful, any way you look at it.

Think you are right.

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Residents living in Alness Drive said Mrs Rough asked them to call an ambulance for Katie - who was described in tributes as "darling princess" - saying "I think she's killed her".

[/FONT]:( This is horrible :(

I babysat my little brothers regularly, once I turned 11,and had gotten my Red Cross babysitting certification. I was very mature and other families hired me to babysit as well. There was never anything worse than a skinned knee.

You can't just say all kids of a certain age shouldn't be left alone. They are individuals. While I was very responsible and capable, my youngest brother wasn't left alone until he was 14 or 15. My parents knew he just wasn't ready.

rhetorical question because it is just so sad, there is no answer but, how could a 15 year old girl kill someone else and not be mentally unstable?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back