Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you being just a little naive here. Miss French isn't passing judgement on Leah, just commenting that the British public form opinions on motives and actions based on what is reported about the victim.

A homeless person going missing will likely garner less attention than a homeowner, for instance.

In this case, the press reporting an affair with a married man and having a close family member "take the law into his own hands" paint a less sympathetic picture of Leah than was previously the case. I, like you, agree that this *should* have no bearing on whether anyone is going to come forward with information, but I believe that some of the population will now regard this as just deserts.

Whether I am naive is not the issue, this is about Leah not anyone else. And just deserts for whom and what exactly? I think the British public will support HC for trying to do something about his missing sister, however misguided. Even the judge was understanding, and they are usually very strict on anything like this. I know how people in this area think and she will not be thought any the less for her relationship. She may even get more support hopefully.
AJMO.

It was thought that perhaps LE ‘round up’ dates, which may mean that it wasn’t prior to her disappearance. It would be good if TVP could clarify this as it keeps cropping up.
Yes, but they won't. Common sense says he didn't harass for an exact period of 3 months, but I agree it would be good to know for sure. As well as knowing if AC was married too but that won't be clarified either so we only have what was reported. The extra publicity for Leah is welcome and hopefully the good publicity of her missing status, outweighs any narrow minded bigotry about her affair with AC. MOO

Last edited:
Aren't you being just a little naive here. Miss French isn't passing judgement on Leah, just commenting that the British public form opinions on motives and actions based on what is reported about the victim.

A homeless person going missing will likely garner less attention than a homeowner, for instance.

In this case, the press reporting an affair with a married man and having a close family member "take the law into his own hands" paint a less sympathetic picture of Leah than was previously the case. I, like you, agree that this *should* have no bearing on whether anyone is going to come forward with information, but I believe that some of the population will now regard this as just deserts.

Thank you, and exactly. Let's not forget the recent case of Corrie Mckeague and the reaction from some quarters and media muck-raking over his life.

All that really matters is finding out where Leah is now.
Did she take her own life?
Was she murdered?
If abducted, is she still held captive?
Did Leah run away and is in hiding?
Has she had an accident somewhere?

If murdered or held captive, would it be at the hands of a complete stranger, someone she knows of, or someone she knows well?

If no longer alive due to the actions of others, where would they be likely to hide her body?
If Leah harmed herself, where would she most likely do that?
If she ran away, where would she be inclined to go, who would help her?
Speculation, imo.

Thank you, and exactly. Let's not forget the recent case of Corrie Mckeague and the reaction from some quarters and media muck-raking over his life.

Which seemed to help the publicity in that case, although sadly not enough to find him, but certainly enough for the police to get more funding allocated. I do hope it works for Leah too in that regard.

BREAKING: Furzton Lake closed due to police activity

Im local to Mk and this is the lake where leah was last seen.......

Police have told MKFM “ Thames Valley Police is currently at Furzton Lake in Milton Keynes, following a report of an item of clothing in the lake. Until the item is removed from the lake we cannot confirm whether the item of clothing is in any way connected to an ongoing investigation.”

Seems to be a lot of police for an item of clothing. Wondering if it's the sweatshirt.

AC may have nothing to do with Leah being missing, in which case her brother will have harmed the case rather than “helped”. Jmo

Police have told MKFM “ Thames Valley Police is currently at Furzton Lake in Milton Keynes, following a report of an item of clothing in the lake. Until the item is removed from the lake we cannot confirm whether the item of clothing is in any way connected to an ongoing investigation.”

Seems to be a lot of police for an item of clothing. Wondering if it's the sweatshirt.

Yes the citizen have been accused of click bait in particular to Leah, let’s see but agree there seems to be a lot of activity about a random piece of clothing.....

@CoverMeCagney Any reason why the sweatshirt and not the coat ? I suppose a black coat would be very hard to spot in the water.

No reason at all, except that the sweatshirt is rare (I'm sure one of the family said early on only about 20 were made and presumably the others are accounted for) so if that was found it would instantly point to Leah.

upload_2019-6-4_16-32-1.png

upload_2019-6-4_16-32-23.png

I've always said that lake wasn't searched properly. If Leah is found in there after all this time there will be absolute uproar.

Yes the citizen have been accused of click bait in particular to Leah, let’s see but agree there seems to be a lot of activity about a random piece of clothing.....

I wouldn't say it's clickbait in this instance. It's keeping people in the loop more than anything, and police have apparently called for people to avoid the area, so media is doing the right thing in reporting that request and the reason why.

I agree with Cags that it's a lot of work for an item of clothing. However, I also think police are correct to take as many precautions as possible in case this is an item of evidence and they need to preserve the forensics of the find and send in divers again.

No reason at all, except that the sweatshirt is rare (I'm sure one of the family said early on only about 20 were made and presumably the others are accounted for) so if that was found it would instantly point to Leah.

View attachment 187648

View attachment 187649

I've always said that lake wasn't searched properly. If Leah is found in there after all this time there will be absolute uproar.

Can you imagine if she’s been there all this time? In terms of any potential evidence that would be on a body that long in water - how retrievable would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77