Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been anymore info or reference to the human bones at hardingstone in the media?

Knowing the area of Brackmills Northampton, where this is near I can’t imagine bones laid undiscovered for a length of time. It’s a well used area for work and walks at lunch- in usual times.

It’s actually quite close to MK. There’s a single country road from MK to the back of hardingstone /brackmills but this road out of Mk is the other side of MK to where Leah went missing- so although that would seem far to someone not from the area- to a local it isn’t far at all as most of Mk is 60mph everywhere is accessible in about 10-15mins from one side of the city to the other.
Mk is mainly dual carriageways and roundabouts. To someone’s not from the area finding a country road would ‘feel’ like a distance from MK.

so what I’m saying is- if this is linked it would make me feel it’s someone who doesn’t know the area and felt they had driven far away based on how the roads would have changed.

my opinion. Using local knowledge and thinking about how MK is set up for fast free moving travel.

It is just so heartbreaking how it is almost 2 years with no answers, and still no trace. I also wondered if there was any updates on the bones found in Hardingstone however there doesn’t seem to be anything I can see online. What about locally? That coincidence again is rather quite unnerving, being that there is a direct country road from around where Leah works to this macabre discovery near a45. It could be just that, coincidences, but it’s nice to see people piecing this all together. Honestly tragic for the family. I guess we will have to wait for at least update on these bones to rule out Leah. I wonder if her family/ media are waiting on the 2 year anniversary to shed some more light on this case.

I too wondered if there were any further updates regarding the bones and looked last night but there are no recent updates in the media I can find. Leah's case is what initially brought me to websleuths and she is often on my mind. The not knowing for her family must be absolute torture. I really hope there is an appeal on the anniversary. Thanks @Spiderplant and @Firefly444 for this info; I had no idea it was actually that close to MK.

If those bones were Leah's we certainly would have had information by now. They have forensic archaeologists examining them so that indicates they are not recent.
As much as I want Leah found,these bones ,in my opinion,are not Leah's.

Last edited:
I once (a long time ago) walked her route from her house to work via street view on google maps so I could see the area as I'm not local. I also worked out her walking pace by calculating if she left her house at 8.00am and was at buzzacot lane by 8.13am I then used that to work out where along the route after buzzacot lane she would be when her phone was switched off at 8.34am by working out the distance she would've walked in that time and it brought me to an underpass. However, I know some locals on here have said the underpass would have been quite busy at the time of the morning but maybe if she had pre-arranged to meet someone on her way to work people in a rush to work, school runs etc. Might not taken much notice of a young girl getting into someone's car willingly? (JMO).

Adding in a media link with the timeline and if I am incorrect on any of this please feel free to correct me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ine-missing-Leah-Crouchers-disappearance.html

I keep going back to the location being turned off on her phone for an hour and a half the night before her disappearance. I know it has been discussed a lot but I keep thinking about it. Her parents did not seem to monitor her whereabouts, (nothing wrong with that, she was 19 at the time), so I do not think it was about them. What was Leah doing that warranted her location being hidden for such a short period of time? It had to be involved in her disappearance. It has been stated by some posters that maybe Leah turned the location off because she was checking on Mr. X, maybe even telling family/spouse of their relationship. This is a possibility but I do not think Leah seems the confrontational type. Like others have stated she certainly was not dressed for a date. Was she asked to turn off her location by the person who disappeared her because where she was during that time would tie to the person responsible? This may be a crazy thought but this is what has been going through my mind. The person she saw that evening had already planned to disappear her, maybe that night and something happened to prevent it from happening so the plan changed. The next day her phone is turned off. Was this plan B? Faster than turning off location. I have my doubts the girl seen at the lake are Leah. I think when her phone turned off, Leah was on her way to being gone. Anyway, these are my ramblings and things I keep thinking about. MOO

I keep going back to the location being turned off on her phone for an hour and a half the night before her disappearance. I know it has been discussed a lot but I keep thinking about it. Her parents did not seem to monitor her whereabouts, (nothing wrong with that, she was 19 at the time), so I do not think it was about them. What was Leah doing that warranted her location being hidden for such a short period of time? It had to be involved in her disappearance. It has been stated by some posters that maybe Leah turned the location off because she was checking on Mr. X, maybe even telling family/spouse of their relationship. This is a possibility but I do not think Leah seems the confrontational type. Like others have stated she certainly was not dressed for a date. Was she asked to turn off her location by the person who disappeared her because where she was during that time would tie to the person responsible? This may be a crazy thought but this is what has been going through my mind. The person she saw that evening had already planned to disappear her, maybe that night and something happened to prevent it from happening so the plan changed. The next day her phone is turned off. Was this plan B? Faster than turning off location. I have my doubts the girl seen at the lake are Leah. I think when her phone turned off, Leah was on her way to being gone. Anyway, these are my ramblings and things I keep thinking about. MOO

Exactly, and the night before her disappearance was the only time location services are turned off.
Not the day she goes missing which is the following day, but actually the day before when she actually does return home.

I don't necessarily think that she was going to check on Mr. X because the times she did before she never took location services off. I think it was something else entirely; whether it was to do with Mr X or not. We can certainly say this was planned to an extent. Turning of location services ahead of time. It wasn't really something that was done on the moment, it looks planned out - at least to me.

On her way home at around 5:45 I believe it was, she turns location services off. At 6 she arrives home and leaves straight after. She returns back home at around 7:15. 1 hour and 15 minutes is quite some time. But again, it's only a long time if this was via foot to wherever she went, if it was by any form of transport, it's not so long.

What could be so 'bad' that location services must be turned off?

And also, to what extent does Leah's disappearance on valentines play in all this?
I know personally that if this happened lets say a week prior I wouldn't take the whole 'pregnancy angle where she went to tell Mr X and confront his wife about it'.

Yes 100% agree with this! The location being turned off the night before I do also think is linked to her disappearance in some way. I wondered whether it was actually Leah who turned it off? Could it have been who ever she was with did it without her knowing? Maybe they did it as a 'trial run' to see if it was possible? Then the next day decided turning it off altogether was much better at hiding her phones location. Like you say if you were going to turn off your location settings why do it for such a short period of time? Why not just leave it off permanently? And I too do not think the girl at the lake was her either and I also think the hoodie that someone witnessed in the lake was also a red herring. ALL MOO

I initially thought this was a suicide but I’m not sure. If she was concerned about location data, why would she bring her phone in the first place if she was planning on suicide- she could have just turned it off and left it in her home.

Turning location data off on two separate occasions is probably relevant but what would warrant it necessary. Did she maybe switch it on to airplane mode to not be distracted while spending time with someone? Is it relevant to Snapchat maps so that people wouldn’t see she was with someone in particular?

If she suspected someone she was seeing as being violent it’s less likely she would have turned location services off. I think the answers are closer to home and it involved some sort of complex relationship which has an element of shame or embarrassment.

I also agree that the details are the key here especially as there are so little details to work with. I also think that both the location services being switched off the day before for an hour 15 minutes and the fact this was on Valentine’s Day/ the day after are both significant. More so with the very fact stipulated that there is a “Mr. X” involved here, and not just speculation due to it being valentines. Not to mention this Mr. X has never come forward and confirmed this romantic relationship. @Frivolous @ChiCubs2016

Also does anyone know if there was ever a location associated with where Leah’s phone was switched off on the day before on the 14th when she went off somewhere for an hour an 15 minutes?? I don’t remember ever seeing anything about where the location was actually switched off? We know that it was switched off near the hotel end of Furtzon lake on the day of her disappearance at 8:34. Could this be a possible meeting spot? As @ChiCubs2016 @HollyHunter9 suggested. Or perhaps she went and got contraception? Hence turning off her location. Then again she is 19, there would be no need to conceal that sort of thing.

I’m sorry if I’m just going over in circles here but I have just spent some time on google earth going back and forth over this route.

What we know for certain is that Leah lived at Quantock crescent and we know she left that address on 15th Feb at around 8 am on her way to work. We also know that she is known to take the Leigh hill route on to buzzacott lane, and was spotted at 8:07 am on Leigh hill “just metres away” source: 'We find it hard to believe nobody saw Leah Croucher,' say police as the missing girl's 21st birthday approaches

We then know for certain that she arrived and was seen walking through buzzacott lane at 8:16 am, walking towards Dulverton drive/ Telly tubbie hill/ Chaffron way.

We then know for sure that Leah’s phone was switched off at 8:34, just 18 minutes away from where she was last confirmed seen on cctv. It was later revealed that this phone was switched off around the northern end of furtzon lake, near the hotel. Source : Police narrow down Leah Croucher's disappearance to a single square mile in Milton Keynes

We also know that Leah was known to use the Rutherford Gate foot path as seen on this cctv- THIS WAS NOT FROM THE DAY SHE WENT MISSING, but 2 weeks previous to specify her route. Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/heartmknews/status/1101528411409924097?lang=en

This means she would’ve been picked up on cctv on faraday drive, when she come out of this footpath on Rutherford gate, and old cctv suggested that the she usually makes it to faraday drive however on the 15th Leah is never picked up on faraday drive which narrows this down quite a bit. Source :
Leah Croucher: Clothes appeal in missing teen case

We also know Leah worked at DFC on Davy avenue in knowlhill.

So with the facts in hand, and using google earth, I started from her place of work. The route inclusive of Rutherford gate that Leah took is actually available and suggested on google maps ( walk)

Due to where DFC is, which is at the back of the industrial estate from Leah’s perspective/ Emerson valley/furztons perspective, she probably used the red way/ foot path that runs along Kelvin Drive- on to the underpass/ red way under Watling street that leads on to Silicon Court.

It is possible however that she may have decided to use the underpass/ red way under the H7/ Chaffron way road, which goes all the way under watling street and comes out on the footpath right next to the hotel/ restaurant where her phone location was switched off at 8:34 day of her disappearance. If that’s the case, it also leads me to Chaffron way underpass @HollyHunter9 and as it is quite a busy/popular by pass- she must’ve got a lift/ met up with someone willingly as an abduction here, i would like to think, would catch someone’s attention.

From furtzon lake, depending on which way around the lake she decided to go, although clockwise around being the longest on to lynmouth crescent, I believe to work she would’ve took the quicker route to save her legs, and gone anti clockwise on to Bilbrook lane.

I’m not sure if I believe in the sightings although I keep an open mind as it’s odd nobody has come forward. As many others have probably suggested, if you was in that state at the secluded end of a lake in the middle of a cold feb morning you would remember if that was you or not.

From bilbrook lane again I presume she went down loxebeare drive as it best fits in with the “walking towards the direction of dulverton drive/ tellietubbie hill” sighting on buzzacott lane, for non locals, or anyone unfamiliar, loxebeare drive is just off dulverton drive.

But that thing about her not being caught on the cctv on faraday drive is bugging me. Does this imply something happened between buzzacott lane and faraday drive surely? And that regardless of not being picked up by other cctv or witnesses, she was sure to be picked up on faraday, so we know Leah never reached there.
said

Police said her usual route to work would be via Buzzacott Lane and then onto Faraday Drive, but "extensive CCTV work has shown that she did not arrive in Faraday Drive on the morning she went missing". From
The article above.

Again sorry if this is just circulation of what we already know. I really hope there is both closure and justice soon for Leah’s friends and family, and for everyone that helps to get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
Well realistically there are three possible scenarios

A. She is in the lake
B. She entered a car and left the area
C. She entered a house

I'm going for B. Not "Mr X" but a close friend or relative. Possibly a taxi a driver. I think she got in willingly thinking she was going to Mr X. The reason I don't think it was Mr X is because he seems to have a watertight alibi (hence zero police investigation) and I think he was at work.

But everything points to her disappearance being to do with his illicit relationship with Leah. The fact it was the day after valentine's just enhances why it may have come to crisis point in that relationship.

Also does anyone know if there was ever a location associated with where Leah’s phone was switched off on the day before on the 14th when she went off somewhere for an hour an 15 minutes?? I don’t remember ever seeing anything about where the location was actually switched off? We know that it was switched off near the hotel end of Furtzon lake on the day of her disappearance at 8:34. Could this be a possible meeting spot? As @ChiCubs2016 @HollyHunter9 suggested. Or perhaps she went and got contraception? Hence turning off her location. Then again she is 19, there would be no need to conceal that sort of thing.
Snipped by me. That is what I was hoping we could worked on for a little bit, where she would be approximately when the phone was turned off. What point in her walk home? I think Leah turned it off or knew who turned it off if she was with someone on her walk home. She had to turn it back on when she got home. Do we know what time she got off work that day?

Sorry I’m a novice to this and not sure how to quote lol. @ChiCubs2016 it says online that DFC opens at 9 and shuts at 5, however after some digging I found this article: Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far which states she leaves at 5:45. It seems the location switched off on 14th feb at Furtzon lake!!
5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why.”

Re posts. refresher.rbbm.
''Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far''
By Sally Murrer
16th October 2019
''Thursday February 14, Valentine's Day
8am.
Leah, 19, sets off for work as normal. She has an admin job with finance company DFC in Davy Avenue, Knowlhill and walks the two mile journey to and from work every day, often going via Furzton Lake.

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.''

''6pm. Leah arrives home from work. She changes into tracksuit bottoms and a long-sleeved top with the logo 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' (a quote from her favourite Harry Potter books) and leaves the house on foot. She tells her mum she is going to visit a friend.''
''Later it was discovered that Leah has not visited the friend. Where did she go for that 75 minutes on Valentine's night? Did she meet anybody?''

''8.13am. CCTV footage shows her walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton . That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.. It was 243 days ago – nearly 35 weeks.

8.34am. Leah's mobile phone is switched off.''

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Mail Online ›
Missing Leah Croucher, 19, was having affair with engaged man, family reveal
''October 30, 2019
Looking back, Claire realises there have been other little clues that Leah was having an affair and had perhaps fallen head over heels in love for the first time.

There was the mysterious outing on Valentine's night, the night before Leah vanished.''

''Claire said: 'You'd think there would be evidence on her phone records of a secret relationship, but there is nothing.

'But then we know she always used Snapchat, and chats are wiped out on that.. Or, of course, the man could have supplied her with another phone, a secret phone.'''

''She said: 'She's always been crazy about vampire books and she used to say that all she wanted was to meet a 'bad boy' vampire and be with him.'''

It is possible however that she may have decided to use the underpass/ red way under the H7/ Chaffron way road, which goes all the way under watling street and comes out on the footpath right next to the hotel/ restaurant where her phone location was switched off at 8:34 day of her disappearance. If that’s the case, it also leads me to Chaffron way underpass @HollyHunter9 and as it is quite a busy/popular by pass- she must’ve got a lift/ met up with someone willingly as an abduction here, i would like to think, would catch someone’s attention.

From bilbrook lane again I presume she went down loxebeare drive as it best fits in with the “walking towards the direction of dulverton drive/ tellietubbie hill” sighting on buzzacott lane, for non locals, or anyone unfamiliar, loxebeare drive is just off dulverton drive.

But that thing about her not being caught on the cctv on faraday drive is bugging me. Does this imply something happened between buzzacott lane and faraday drive surely? And that regardless of not being picked up by other cctv or witnesses, she was sure to be picked up on faraday, so we know Leah never reached there.

Police said her usual route to work would be via Buzzacott Lane and then onto Faraday Drive, but "extensive CCTV work has shown that she did not arrive in Faraday Drive on the morning she went missing". From
The article above.

Again sorry if this is just circulation of what we already know. I really hope there is both closure and justice soon for Leah’s friends and family, and for everyone that helps to get to the bottom of this.

This a GREAT post!! Really well thought out I have respectfully snipped it for focus...yes this is the route I did when using street view on google maps ~

"It is possible however that she may have decided to use the underpass/ red way under the H7/ Chaffron way road, which goes all the way under watling street and comes out on the footpath right next to the hotel/ restaurant where her phone location was switched off at 8:34 day of her disappearance."

I have included an article here which states the direction she was walking which is why I did this particular route myself via street view on google maps.

Police investigating disappearance of Leah Croucher search Bletchley lake | ITV News

"Ms Croucher was last seen in Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, Milton Keynes on Friday 15 February this year. She was seen just after 8.15 am walking in the direction of Loxbeare Drive and Chaffron Way."

I can also see from your post after this that you too found out that her location when turned off the day before on her way home was also in the area of Furzton lake!! (Although I'm not sure if we have the specific area like we do when the phone is switched off at 8.34am in the northern area of Furzton lake near the hotel/restaurant on the day of the disappearance).

Family of missing Milton Keynes woman Leah Croucher look back on second year of torment as no further clues emerge

"They have narrowed her disappearance down to an 18 minute window of time and a single square mile of roads and green spaces in Milton Keynes.CCTV lost contact with Leah somewhere along the mile-long stretch between Buzzacott Lane in Furzton and Furzton Lake, and her phone was switched off or disconnected at exactly 8.34am at the northern end of Furzton Lake, close to the Premier Inn Hotel."

But I do believe that it is a pretty big coincidence that her phone location was switched off on two separate occasions but both times it was in the same area. (Her phone company also said this was the first time location services on her phone had ever been switched off).

Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far

"5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before."

We also know that 12 days prior to her going missing she met someone at a local hotel which she lied to her parents about.

Missing Leah Croucher, 19, was having affair with engaged man, family reveal | Daily Mail Online

'On Saturday February 3, 12 days before Leah disappeared, she announced she was going to book a hotel room and have a girlie night with two female friends, drinking alcohol and gossiping.Leah's dad dropped her at the Jury's Inn at Central Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and waved goodbye as she walked off.
It was only much later, when her bank statement arrived some time after Leah's disappearance, that the Crouchers realised their daughter had lied to them.'
So now what I am wondering ~ Could the Premier Inn Hotel at the northern end of Furzton lake be ANOTHER possible meeting place? Did the police check the CCTV from this hotel on the morning she went missing? There are so many clues and coincidences with this case I go round and round in circles with it.

So location services switched off around Furzton Lake area, which is the same area that folks saw a girl crying on the phone the next day. So that changes my thoughts and doubts about this not being Leah. I have to catch up again. It has been a long time since I read all the threads. Snapchat could definitely be how she communicated with Mr. X. And you can even talk like a phone call through Snapchat. I remember early on in the thread, I took screenshots of my Snapchat to show folks on the thread but I cannot remember why or what we were trying to figure out. I really need to do a little refresher. Well I have a long weekend here in the states with a long weekend holiday. I will go back and refresh my memory!!

Re posts. refresher.rbbm.
''Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far''
By Sally Murrer
16th October 2019
''Thursday February 14, Valentine's Day
8am.
Leah, 19, sets off for work as normal. She has an admin job with finance company DFC in Davy Avenue, Knowlhill and walks the two mile journey to and from work every day, often going via Furzton Lake.

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.''

''6pm. Leah arrives home from work. She changes into tracksuit bottoms and a long-sleeved top with the logo 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' (a quote from her favourite Harry Potter books) and leaves the house on foot. She tells her mum she is going to visit a friend.''
''Later it was discovered that Leah has not visited the friend. Where did she go for that 75 minutes on Valentine's night? Did she meet anybody?''

''8.13am. CCTV footage shows her walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton . That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.. It was 243 days ago – nearly 35 weeks.

8.34am. Leah's mobile phone is switched off.''

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Mail Online ›
Missing Leah Croucher, 19, was having affair with engaged man, family reveal
''October 30, 2019
Looking back, Claire realises there have been other little clues that Leah was having an affair and had perhaps fallen head over heels in love for the first time.

There was the mysterious outing on Valentine's night, the night before Leah vanished.''

''Claire said: 'You'd think there would be evidence on her phone records of a secret relationship, but there is nothing.

'But then we know she always used Snapchat, and chats are wiped out on that.. Or, of course, the man could have supplied her with another phone, a secret phone.'''

''She said: 'She's always been crazy about vampire books and she used to say that all she wanted was to meet a 'bad boy' vampire and be with him.'''

This is great thankyou @dotr ~ I didn't see your post until after posting mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria