Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I wondered about was when Haydon was taken to court. Would the police only have looked at the offending texts then on the complainant’s phone? Or would they look at all the messages as a matter of routine in their investigation into the harassment?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Your quote made (a crazy?) idea pop into my head... regarding H's angst over X and Leah.
Maybe he was desperately trying to get Leah to dump Mr X. He saw X and other lady dining somewhere on the 14th. H rang Leah to say 'come and look what your boyfriend's doing'....
So Leah went and saw X with someone else.
I wonder if H offered Leah a lift the next day, possibly at Premier Inn. Maybe he said 'I know somewhere you can stay for a few days to sort your head out' sort of thing. Not sure where I'm headed with this, but could something have gone wrong after that? I'm probably way off the mark, but I'm just trying to join some dots and think outside the box. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post has made an idea pop into to my head, not one I'd considered before.
If Hayden was so concerned about Mr X, could he have been trying to persuade Leah not to see X.

Your quote made (a crazy?) idea pop into my head... regarding H's angst over X and Leah.
Maybe he was desperately trying to get Leah to dump Mr X. He saw X and other lady dining somewhere on the 14th. H rang Leah to say 'come and look what your boyfriend's doing'....
So Leah went and saw X with someone else.
I wonder if H offered Leah a lift the next day, possibly at Premier Inn. Maybe he said 'I know somewhere you can stay for a few days to sort your head out' sort of thing. Not sure where I'm headed with this, but could something have gone wrong after that? I'm probably way off the mark, but I'm just trying to join some dots and think outside the box. Thoughts anyone?

I think the theory that the family wanted Leah to stop any comms with X is correct,

I imagine if H knew he also strongly warned her.
And it’s possible H saw x with someone else.
Which is possibly where the line of ‘someone knows more’ comes from.

I don’t think h had anything to do with the day before nor the day of Leah’s disappearance. If he did I feel like that info would be out there/ either via him or his family/

one thing I am increasingly believing is the involvement in additional parties/ either in the background info and build up prior, and/or with the disappearance itself. But whether these third parties are the same person I’m not sure.

Opinions all my own.

One thing I wondered about was when Haydon was taken to court. Would the police only have looked at the offending texts then on the complainant’s phone? Or would they look at all the messages as a matter of routine in their investigation into the harassment?

Yes I wondered this too. The police seem to think there was no relationship and it was 'unrequited love' so if that were the case what was H harassing Mr X about? That it went to court? Would the police have not checked Mr X phone then to assess the harassment texts and what they related to?

Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes

"There is evidence there was a relationship where her feelings were not requited - perhaps an unrequited love."

IMO I think there was tension within the family regarding Leah seeing an older, engaged man and H was trying to be protective of his sister but if like the police say it was 'unrequited love' why was it upsetting H so much? Surely he would've said something to Leah, not Mr X.

Yes I wondered this too. The police seem to think there was no relationship and it was 'unrequited love' so if that were the case what was H harassing Mr X about? That it went to court? Would the police have not checked Mr X phone then to assess the harassment texts and what they related to?

Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes

"There is evidence there was a relationship where her feelings were not requited - perhaps an unrequited love."

IMO I think there was tension within the family regarding Leah seeing an older, engaged man and H was trying to be protective of his sister but if like the police say it was 'unrequited love' why was it upsetting H so much? Surely he would've said something to Leah, not Mr X.

Agree.

Maybe HC had already said something to LC, like 'he's using you' and they fell out?

Mrs C said the relationship began 'last summer' so summer 2018.

"It started in the summer of last year. She was talking about this man all the time. It was X this and X that ... it was obvious she had a soft spot for him."

Leah Croucher was having secret romance with 'married' man in Milton Keynes before she vanished, say parents

<modsnip: Sleuthing family social media is not allowed>

It makes me wonder whether if there had been an ongoing dispute during 2018, before LC disappeared, and it continued afterwards?

"Judge Sheridan imposed a restraining order which prevented Mr Croucher from approaching within 25 metres of Mr Choudhry, contacting him in any way, or visiting the Knowles Hill area of Milton Keynes, which would be in force until any further orders were made."

Brother of missing Leah Croucher is accused of threatening a man the 23-year-old was dating | Daily Mail Online

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been lurking and reading all of the threads on this case. I had pretty much made my mind up that this case must revolve around Mr. X and his relationship with Leah. Then I read more widely, material which we cannot discuss on here because it originated on social media. If we are not even allowed to mention this I do apologise and a moderator will come along and delete this post. I've not been on Websleuths for very long!
Anyway, suffice it to say that I am now open to other reasons for Leah's disappearance. Trying to make sense of this without referring to any social media I can make the following points:
The police seem not to have pursued Mr. X very enthusiastically; you could almost say they even seem somewhat reluctant to consider him as a potential suspect. Yet they seem to have searched diligently for Leah in the local area and in particular to have searched the homes, cars and laptops of her family several times. Why?
The police officer who was interviewed about Leah's disappearance stated that in his own opinion Leah has run away. As other Websleuthers have pointed out, the evidence as stated in the media seems to direct us to consider Mr. X as the prime suspect. But I don't think the police think that. They haven't even interviewed him or searched his home or phone.

Why would an officer who would be very clued up on the case believe Leah had run away? Why do young people run away from home?

As others have said, I think the police have a good idea of what may have happened but I believe it's not what most people have been thinking. They don't have the evidence they need, but they are not pursuing lines of investigation they feel they can exclude and this includes Mr. X. MOO

This person at least has apparently been interviewed.

"A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: 'Mr Choudhry is a witness who has provided a detailed statement regarding his friendship and relationship with Leah. The investigation team have spoken to Mr Choudhry on a number of occasions since Leah disappeared and he has always made himself available.' "

(from the above Daily Mail link)

Maybe it wasn't MrX LC stayed with in the Hotel, maybe the parents just assumed it?
MOO

Nothing is impossible. My own opinion is that Leah was besotted with Mr X and was not interested in anyone else . She did not go out to clubs and pubs so the chance of meeting other men was limited
She was prepared to face her family's disapproval of Mr X because of her feelings for him. I do believe he did not give a xxxx about her.

I dont think she was worried about a tracker but she turned off all her tracked activities such as Google Facebook Snapchat ect and it appears she turned off the emergency service tracker so you phone can signal the emergency services when you call on a bad line get disconnected ect, I think she didn't want anyone to know her movements for that night atleast which makes me think she was preparing to leave the following day as she didn't turn them back on when I was saying about other family problems hayden had battled with his mental health for many years and in 2014 was prescribed a antipsychotic which his Dr said he didn't always take and in October before his death he said he felt unsupported by his family with his mental health and grief with his missing sister he seemed to pick up come the beginning of November for his dr to decide after all those years he was in a better place to come off the medication as he wasn't expressing psychosis sadly a few weeks later hayden ended his life, the parents house was searched 5 times there work places wore searched there cars wore searched and there interenet history searched haydens house and car wore also searched as was another family members this was what leahs father said in a interview
It was never confirmed who leah met in the hotel the family assumed Mr x, when the bank statement came through and they realised she had stayed at a different hotel they asked the friends she was supposed to have stayed there with her who claimed they wore not with her that night when they went to check the cctv at the hotel it had been deleted it auto deletes after a number of days, so again no ones knows who she met there the family assumed Mr x but I think the police would have asked him about that night and his where abouts

This has been mentioned by her parents and I thought was an acknowledged fact .

You are correct skigh. The source is here @Miss_French

On Saturday February 3, twelve days before Leah disappeared, she announced she was going to book a hotel room and have a girlie night with two female friends, drinking alcohol and gossiping.
Leah's dad dropped her at the Jury's Inn at Central Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and waved goodbye as she walked off.
It was only much later, when her bank statement arrived some time after Leah's disappearance, that the Crouchers realised their daughter had lied to them.
The mum continued: "Her statement showed she had booked a room at the cheaper hotel nearby - the Travelodge.
"We checked with her friends, of course, and they said they hadn't been with her that night.
"We believe she was with X, but did not want to tell us."
Frustratingly, CCTV of the Travelodge had been wiped out by the time the lie was discovered.
Missing Leah Croucher had been in 'secret relationship with married man'

One thing I thought of regarding this, if the CCTV was wiped. Why did police not check her location services on her phone? And then check Mr X's on the night at Travelodge? Surely that would clear it up one way or the other?

Nothing is impossible. My own opinion is that Leah was besotted with Mr X and was not interested in anyone else . She did not go out to clubs and pubs so the chance of meeting other men was limited
She was prepared to face her family's disapproval of Mr X because of her feelings for him. I do believe he did not give a xxxx about her.

I agree with all of this

ADMIN REMINDER:

Sleuthing family (and that includes their social media) is a violation of Websleuths Terms of Service.

Please review The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc. and post accordingly.

If you don't understand the rules, private message a Mod or Admin and we will clarify.

Thank you.

Hi a new member, so forgive obvious mistakes. I have been reading the Lea Croucher case details for the last two years. But now feel I have information that will help others.

It’s a doubly tragic case. Its difficult to believe Lea has gone away by choice, for all the reasons already suggested. I feel for her family and hope its possible to find out what happened and who is responsible.

I live overlooking Furzton Lake on one of the routes she could take going to work. I know the area well so I hope that may help understand some of the issues raised by others.

Some of the following was reported to LE when they visited doing house to house and more recently.

· The fairground at the North end was in the last stages of being dismantled.

· Parks Trust landscaping staff trimming bushes and trees on the East side from 8 am to 4 pm from 13th to 15thFebruary.

· Fishermen were set up all day on the lake fronting sections of West side.

· Suspicious behavior by a driver. Reported to LE, prior to Valentines day.

Hotel

· Re: the hotel, when Search and Rescue units arrived and they met LE each day in the Hotel Car park, so that was an area they knew well. I am not sure if Trailing dogs were used or if it was too late to pick up a scent by the time the search was underway.

· Those that work in Davy Avenue often use the Hotel as it’s their nearest Bar/Restaurant . So not a place for a clandestine meeting. But still a good place to meet up for a quick meeting with nothing to hide.

The lake search with Sonar was being carried out three days after Lea went missing and took several days.

Understanding the locations.

There is some confusion about locations of witnesses so the attached map will help. Importantly, it shows three of the four Car parks. These are often not shown on other maps. Reading the following while looking at the map will help for the future.

The North end has a long bridge at one end and Hotel at the other.

It’s the end with Watling street behind it. No housing on that end.

East side is from Loxbear Drive, from where its partly lakeside footpath, to various offices and the Hotel.. There is a secluded car park near a bird feeding platform.

The West Side is all housing, but with a lakeside pathway, there is a small car park off of Lynmouth Cresent, but directly overlooked by a number of houses.

The Pavilion car park is not shown, but by zooming in you can see the Pavilion and its Playing field where the wide river flows out of the lake between the North and East end. Its next to the Redway from TellyTubby Hill. The end of this car park nearest to the lake is secluded. Houses overlook this area but are screened by trees which are bare in February.

Travel times

To check some of the suggested travel times from on-line map apps. I have walked 4 of the potential routes Lea may have used. Comparing the times I took to the missing 14 minutes. Averaged these from Brisk to medium speed walking.

East side route

Last sighting was at TellyTubby Hill. Its near the small Tesco store, which has an exterior ATM (Cash) machine. This is the only one near the route Lea would take each day. LE would know if she used it.

From here there is a straightforward Red Route going North, that many walk each day. This pathway leads down to the Pavilion Car Park. Walking time 9 minutes to that Park. Continuing onto the Watling Street car park took a total of 13 minutes and onto the Hotel 19 minutes via this route.

West side Route

To my surprise the West route was much quicker. From TTH down Loxbear Drive and along the footpath to the Hotel was 14 minutes, and only 11 minutes to the Feeding station Car park. See Map.

This is another Car park that’s not been mentioned and is not busy in the mornings.

Clearly it depends on who and why the phone was turned off. So it could be turned off in between these parks or the Hotel.

Unless a car simply drew up and offered a lift or it was a taxi, these Car Parks are the only places where any sort of argument might not be noticed. Also places where a meeting might be arranged not taking Lea too far off of her normal route.

All these Car parks would require Lea to leave pathways at the request of another. The area is busy. Every morning Dog Walkers, Runners, and workers use the paths, virtually at the same time each day. That’s why it’s a surprise more witnesses were not found.

Red Routes.

There are some interesting Red Routes, shown on the Car Park Map. These are cycle routes that go under roads and used by walkers as well.

We know Lea used these in a different location the day before she disappeared. One in particular runs along the side of the hotel, under Watling street and an easy route to Davy Avenue. But again not a pick up point and too many people around.

I liked threads by Holy Hunter, Zaj and Stewlb. Maybe too much focus on one individual who, if he was at work all day has a cast iron alibi at least for himself.

An area that jumped out was parents reporting her mood changed from around September 2018 becoming more short tempered. That’s 5 or 6 months from her disappearance. What can happen to a 19 year old to make them more moody? Was Lea still going to her classes or not so physically well at that time? I feel there must be a reason for her mood swings that’s not yet explained.

Its possible turning off her phone was to avoid her family knowing where she was going given their concerns about relationships. But on the last occasion that seems unlikely given she was on the way to work and it has not been turned back on.

· Areas I would be interested in are. Details/ Transcripts of the Aylesbury court case. Upon what evidence were threats made.

· A more exact location where all sightings and changes to the phone were made.

A key one is the recent TTH sighting. DCI Andy Howard when reporting the TTH sighting on TV was standing next to the Children’s play area which is part way down the Red route towards the Pavilion, which would be a clear indication of her route that day. Or was it just a nice place to do the filming?

Any local information required I am here to help.

Sorry so lengthy but lots of information.

Sorry cant get the map photo to load

Sorry cant get the map photo to load

Hi @LINEOF DUTY and welcome to Websleuths. It's great to see a local commenting on this case.

A couple of things i'd like to ask you.

1. On the routes you walked is there much CCTV coverage? The police seemed surprised that the only footage of Leah was at Buzzacott Lane around 8.15 am and then nothing after this. Also, in your opinion, which is the route you think Leah would have took that morning?

2. Again on the subject of CCTV, is there much coverage around Furzton Lake? Is there a camera at the Premier Inn that covers the path around the lake? Is there much CCTV from businesses or houses that overlook the lake?

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member