Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really thought when I checked this thread today there would be some good news. I'll check out all the links and maps that have been posted. @LittleMystery, nice to see you on here!

Hi @Sera! Nice to see you! Ive been around but the Alesha MacPhail case has taken my focus recently.

It saddens me how little news there is around Leah. Even social media appeals aren’t as prominent as appeals for other cases. I hope we get some positive news soon.

Maybe someone can clarify for me as it’s confusing me. Does anyone know where this CCTV image was taken?

It says Buzzacott Lane for the one where she is walking outside? But this one clearly looks like she is inside? Sorry if I’ve missed it.

Police release new CCTV image of missing teenager

Attachments

• A801835D-B408-43BA-B33D-4230ACCE57A5.jpeg
    A801835D-B408-43BA-B33D-4230ACCE57A5.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 147
Maybe someone can clarify for me as it’s confusing me. Does anyone know where this CCTV image was taken?

It says Buzzacott Lane for the one where she is walking outside? But this one clearly looks like she is inside? Sorry if I’ve missed it.

I was wondering this too. Is that photo also from the day she was last seen (15th Feb) or is it perhaps CCTV from work that's just being used to show the public what she looks like?

Hi @Sera! Nice to see you! Ive been around but the Alesha MacPhail case has taken my focus recently.

It saddens me how little news there is around Leah. Even social media appeals aren’t as prominent as appeals for other cases. I hope we get some positive news soon.

I think that's more because it's the first few days of her being missing, and a lot seem fairly quiet in the first few days, even Libby's seemed to start off like this. But I think in Libby's case she was in a situation where the risk of hypothermia or an accident with water seemed strong. I think a lot of people don't take to cases in the same way when it could be a person going off for a few days without telling their family. It's not like it was dark the last time Leah was caught on CCTV, she wasn't drunk and vulnerable due to alcohol and temperatures etc.

On the surface all those things seem like positive signs that Leah has taken off somewhere voluntarily.

But...look at the police activity? And that tells a very different story.

I hope that LE are trying to get CCTV footage from businesses and homes in the vicinity of the park and the roads further on from the park toward Leah's place of work. I would also think that if Leah isn't found safe in the next day or two that there might be an appeal for dashcam footage on one of the roads in that area if cctv can show approximately where Leah 'disappeared'.

If Leah's either taken off voluntarily or been abducted, then she would have surely either got on a bus or got into/taken into a vehicle. Unless she never left the park? And we know that is something LE wanted to check into because they checked the lake.

Just throwing it out there - forgive me if this offends anyone - is there a possibility that Leah isn't missing and she's just gone somewhere of her own free will? Or would she definitely not have done this? Does seem strange that she hasn't been in touch with any family or friends since she disappeared though so I'm aware it's unlikely. I'm assuming she would have had her phone with her when she left for work. I wonder if LE can find out where the phone was before it was turned off/ran out of battery.
Sorry if I missed a mention of this in an article or somewhere, but do we know that she hasn't contacted her friends? Or is it just confirmed that she has not been in touch with family?

Hello everyone, I’ve come over from the Libby thread.. been meaning to look into this case but always forgotten about it. Is there any news? Any updates?

This shot also confused me. She looks different here to a posed photo shown. She looks like when I've gone to work in a hurry and got out of bed late, imo.

This shot also confused me. She looks different here to a posed photo shown. She looks like when I've gone to work in a hurry and got out of bed late, imo.

Yep, she also looks a very young 19!

I was wondering this too. Is that photo also from the day she was last seen (15th Feb) or is it perhaps CCTV from work that's just being used to show the public what she looks like?

If it is the latter, they would need to be careful with that and not cause confusion. There are quite a few photos showing what she looks like so not sure it would be required. Although I get where you are coming from - it actually looks like a workplace/office she has entered?!

Personally I find valentines a dumb holiday, but many people take it quite seriously. You can do very weird things when you love someone, you could be convinced to run away with someone, or they could reject you and break your heart. You could have to take a detour on your way to work to buy someone a present, or you might be single and feeling really lonely. Interesting….

For anyone not familar with MK, this may be helpful with visualising the area. It was built on a grid system of horizantal "h" roads and vertical "v" roads. These grid roads, of which Chaffron Way is one, H7, are pretty much 70mph dual carriage way with no stopping (other than bus stop pull ins). You don't cross them (unfortunately a man died last week attempting to do so) you go over or more often under, using "redways". Redways are cycle paths and paths, basically, which go alongside the grid roads. The redways can be iffy. MK was landscaped with lots of trees and shrubs, which are no mature and create areas hidden from roads. There are a number of muggings, mostly for mobile phones, but not generally around this area. Within the grid roads are built up estates with these landscaped open areas and water. Furzton lake is large. A local friend said he doesn't think the lake pathways would be school run options and there are areas which would feel quite isolated. There is however as someone else mentioned a hotel, think it's a Premier or Travel, with beefeater type restaurant attached. Their carpark would probably be busy at this time with business guests, its one if the cheaper hotel options locally. But the carpark is also landscaped with shrubs and trees. This hitel,IMO would be on a route to Knowlhill from Furzton. Which, again according to my local pal, is a 20 minute walk.

Annoyingly I can't open this, seem to keep having this problem with regional news sites for some reason. Can you recap or copy the main points please?

Most of it is stuff we already know.

Cliff Notes are -

- Referred to as a sensible girl from people who know her.
- Doesn’t drive, walks 2 miles to work every day.
- Home is Quantock Crescent.
- Sometimes wears glasses.
- Dressed all in black carrying a small black rucksack.
- Last seen by family at 10pm on 14th Feb.
- Last sighting still 08.15am 15th Feb on Buzzacott heading in direction of Chaffron Way and Loxbeare.
- Deemed out of character.
- Police have used dogs, drones and helicopter so far in search.
- Searching Furzton Lake and door to door carried out.
- Police keeping an open mind and not ruling anything out.
- Appeal for information and witnesses to come forward.

Wasn't she seen 10pm on 14th at home by family (then possibly she or they went to bed) and then seen on CCTV the following morning, Fri 15th, going to work as usual?
I'm not sure if she was at home. I read last seen by family 10pm, last seen anywhere 8am ish. Its not clear in my mind if she stayed at home or elsewhere altho the route makes sense that she set off from home. Or v nearby at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa