Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good sleuthing !
What month is the fair at Campbell park??
Edit: November 2018, just before he commited his offences in Newport Pagnell, then theres a valentine's fair just a few hundred meters from where Leah was last seen near furzton in February 2019. Then he kills himself in Campbell Park by unknown means at location of annual fair. If he's friendly with the gypsys, I could quite imagine boasting about how he has access to a 500k house and cutting/ giving keys to them. Are they sure he commited suicide, if they stitched him up i.e. they did it themselves, or with him, they would have motive to kill him? (He is the only one connected to the house, it's is only him that would connect them to the property.). Maybe his conscience got the better of him and he was communicating his concerns to them.

Last edited:
You have only seen one old picture of him though?? Its like Leah some she looks really young and different and then others when she has make up on she looks much different/older etc...

I’m guessing the picture would have been exactly around the time Leah would have come into contact with him?! It’s old now yes…..

Well said

Indeed. He had groomed other much younger girls/women too. His picture is irrelevant, what is relevant is that he has a history of being able to charm and manipulate younger people with the aim of sexually abusing them. He literally has a criminal record for this exact sort of offense. If Leah did voluntarily go with him this does not put her at fault, in the same way as any other victim who is taken in by a predator is not at fault (we do not know what happened in Leah's case but come on, she was literally last seen right close to the house where this creature had sole access and had form for sexually assaulting young women...).

Ian Huntley was also a grade A creep who preyed on younger women, and also had the ability (to some degree) to charm, and look at him.

We have no idea what Leah was like and actually in terms of her being a victim of this predator, which we can certainly say is very likely, it is irrelevant whether she was streetwise or innocent or what sort of men she liked, or whether we ourselves think the man in the photo would be attracted to who we believe Leah might have been.

Indeed. He had groomed other much younger girls/women too. His picture is irrelevant, what is relevant is that he has a history of being able to charm and manipulate younger people with the aim of sexually abusing them. He literally has a criminal record for this exact sort of offense. If Leah did voluntarily go with him this does not put her at fault, in the same way as any other victim who is taken in by a predator is not at fault (we do not know what happened in Leah's case but come on, she was literally last seen right close to the house where this creature had sole access and had form for sexually assaulting young women...).

Ian Huntley was also a grade A creep who preyed on younger women, and also had the ability (to some degree) to charm, and look at him.

We have no idea what Leah was like and actually in terms of her being a victim of this predator, which we can certainly say is very likely, it is irrelevant whether she was streetwise or innocent or what sort of men she liked, or whether we ourselves think the man in the photo would be attracted to who we believe Leah might have been.
Agree 100 % good post

I’ll take your word for it, I’m not an expert either, just something about this case really doesn’t seem to fit right.

I’m not suggesting that the owners were directly responsible but on that subject there have been so many conflicting reports about who flagged this up to the police last Monday. First cleaners, then a plumber, then estate agents, this in itself seems odd. It could just as easily have been an attempted robbery at the address and the thief decided to do the right thing and report it? Has it ever been stated as fact that the owners appointed whoever it was that found the belongings?
My partner is a carpenter. He's said that even in winter, if the sun is directly on the roof the temperature within a loft space can become very hot.

Exactly! This is what I was getting at.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to commit a murder and the body was hidden well away from the public. Eg in your own, or a friends secondary property. There may not be any immediate urgency to deal with the aftermath since nobody can enter said property without permission, and there is no obvious connection between the victim and the property.

Now let’s say hypothetically that you, or your acquaintance would need to one day sell said property, perhaps you can no longer afford to pay the for the upkeep or pay your friend the rent, especially in a cost of living crisis. I’d say that 4 years would be plenty of time to research dead sex offenders who are known to the area. Even better, a nomadic drifter with seemingly no close personal ties with anyone whose committed horrific crimes that the public would be glad to have got shot of.

Do we know who this guy was that brought the letter in his name on to the crime scene. Would love to know who this is.

Leah deserves proper justice. I hope the police will look at EVERYTHING
Exactly. Do we even know for certain that NM was ever there at the property. The wanted poster with his name and photo circulated in April 2019 in the area. If he was a regular at the house wouldn't be have been recognised by someone? He would be the perfect scapegoat if someone else was responsible for Leahs death. MOO

Exactly. Do we even know for certain that NM was ever there at the property. The wanted poster with his name and photo circulated in April 2019 in the area. If he was a regular at the house wouldn't be have been recognised by someone? He would be the perfect scapegoat if someone else was responsible for Leahs death. MOO
The only thing placing NM in that house (as far as we’ve been told) is the owners word

The only thing placing NM in that house (as far as we’ve been told) is the owners word
Yes that's it. Plus owners saying he had the only set of keys. I do not believe that can be true. Who gave him the keys originally to do maintenance and how did the people who found items in the house on Monday and called police gain access? There had to have been at least 2 sets of keys

I find it all rather odd and convenient, that the keys were only in the hands of one at this time. Makes me wonder if they are protecting another key holder...a relative maybe?

Edit: Not saying NM isn't involved just I find the whole only person with the keys thing strange.

I have only ever seen about his crimes as being

How do you know he groomed other girls/women? The reporting of his crimes all seem rather opportunistic.

Hence my argument, that he wouldn’t have bothered grooming Leah. I am in no way victim blaming and merely expressing an opinion on the basis he was opportunistic and therefore do not believe aLeah would have met him prior to that fateful day. With the added I can’t see how she would want too.

ADMIN REMINDER NOTES:

Websleuths is FACT-BASED.
“Eye-witness“ accounts cannot be substantiated as FACT UNLESS the member is a Verified Insider. Even then, members may judge for themselves whether or a not a VI’s info is credible. WS DOES NOT allow confronting/arguing/denigrating an approved VI.
**THERE ARE NO APPROVED VERIFIED INSIDERS FOR THIS CASE AT THIS TIME.
Members who are close to this case and have info they would like to share may apply for VI status. The link to the VI process is in my signature below.

ALSO - Websleuths DOES NOT CONDONE members inserting themselves into any of the cases we discuss here. That is a violation of TOS, and we ask that you not do so. If LE has been in contact with you about a case, please do not jeopardize investigations by talking about it here.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post in accordance with the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined Websleuths.

CocoChanel
Admin/Moderator

Last edited:
I have only ever seen about his crimes as being

How do you know he groomed other girls/women? The reporting of his crimes all seem rather opportunistic.

Hence my argument, that he wouldn’t have bothered grooming Leah. I am in no way victim blaming and merely expressing an opinion on the basis he was opportunistic and therefore do not believe aLeah would have met him prior to that fateful day. With the added I can’t see how she would want too.
He had an underage girlfriend when he was in his 20’s that has come forward and spoken about his controlling behaviour and how she realised she has been groomed. There will be others.

V off the wall theories here - bear with!

If Leah was in the habit of varying her route to work for safety reasons, I don't think it would be in keeping for her to follow someone into their house (even if she had said good morning to them before) or to get into a car with a stranger. She was young, but she was trained in self defence, which makes me think that her parents had made personal safety a priority and it was something that she took seriously.

I am concerned about her sudden secrecy with her phone - switching off location on the previous evening and (if the later sightings are to be believed) possibly using a "burner" phone.

Earlier reports mention that she used snapchat, shortly before her phone was turned off on the day she was abducted. Snapchat is quite a secure way to communicate. Could she have messaged someone to say "there in 2 minutes" and then turned the phone off? Do the police know whom she had contacted that morning? I think these answers are really important.

NM is reported to have successfully evaded arrest by changing his mobile phones to avoid being tracked and located. Could he have "taught" Leah to start using this slightly crude tradecraft to cover her tracks?

Could NM have started a friendshio with Leah - by chatting to her over the previous few months and then spun her a story about how he was an undercover cop/spy? Hanslope Park is just around the corner (HMGCC). There must be more than one Walter Mitty around, trying that sort of thing on to get attention/girls. It would also explain his sudden absences to avoid the Police - he could pretend to Leah that he was on important business...

Maybe he convinced Leah that she was vital in helping him in some secret operation. If Leah had a vivid imagination and enjoyed fantasy fiction, this could explain why she was being secretive around her parents and not wantonly taking liberties with her safety - if she thought she was involved in something "top secret".

I know, I know, it's a long shot. But the fact is that he was canny with his phones and was clever at changing his loation and possibly also his identity to dodge the various police forces after him.

It is much easier to dismiss NM as crude and perhaps not that bright, but I am not sure that was actually the case. He also managed to convince the owners of the property to trust him with their only key. It's quite possible that he could turn on the charm, when required.

For me, there can only be two scenarios where NM is the perpetrator that work - the first, that her abduction was an opportunistic attack that nobody witnessed, coming straight on the back of some secretive and unusual behaviour from her, that had to involve another party. So just really unfortunate timing.

Or, that it was a premediated murder with a complex backstory in which he gained Leah's trust.
Leah knew NM. He had "trained" her in understanding phone tracking. He had organised a hotel meeting where she was dropped at a fake location before moving to the actual rendezvous point, helping her to believe his story. He then convinced her to meet him the day before briefly when she turned off her phone - some kind of quick briefing? The the following day she snapchats, turns the phone fully off and then goes to the house, then he attacks her.

And then there is the scenario where he is just an accessory to Leah's murder. Could he have handed the keys over to some other unpleasant character in return for money? Then, when he came back - discovered what had happened and killed himself, because no one would believe that with his criminal record, he could be innocent of this crime?

Just throwing some (admittedly fairly far-fetched) ideas around...

V off the wall theories here - bear with!

If Leah was in the habit of varying her route to work for safety reasons, I don't think it would be in keeping for her to follow someone into their house (even if she had said good morning to them before) or to get into a car with a stranger. She was young, but she was trained in self defence, which makes me think that her parents had made personal safety a priority and it was something that she took seriously.

I am concerned about her sudden secrecy with her phone - switching off location on the previous evening and (if the later sightings are to be believed) possibly using a "burner" phone.

Earlier reports mention that she used snapchat, shortly before her phone was turned off on the day she was abducted. Snapchat is quite a secure way to communicate. Could she have messaged someone to say "there in 2 minutes" and then turned the phone off? Do the police know whom she had contacted that morning? I think these answers are really important.

NM is reported to have successfully evaded arrest by changing his mobile phones to avoid being tracked and located. Could he have "taught" Leah to start using this slightly crude tradecraft to cover her tracks?

Could NM have started a friendshio with Leah - by chatting to her over the previous few months and then spun her a story about how he was an undercover cop/spy? Hanslope Park is just around the corner (HMGCC). There must be more than one Walter Mitty around, trying that sort of thing on to get attention/girls. It would also explain his sudden absences to avoid the Police - he could pretend to Leah that he was on important business...

Maybe he convinced Leah that she was vital in helping him in some secret operation. If Leah had a vivid imagination and enjoyed fantasy fiction, this could explain why she was being secretive around her parents and not wantonly taking liberties with her safety - if she thought she was involved in something "top secret".

I know, I know, it's a long shot. But the fact is that he was canny with his phones and was clever at changing his loation and possibly also his identity to dodge the various police forces after him.

It is much easier to dismiss NM as crude and perhaps not that bright, but I am not sure that was actually the case. He also managed to convince the owners of the property to trust him with their only key. It's quite possible that he could turn on the charm, when required.

For me, there can only be two scenarios where NM is the perpetrator that work - the first, that her abduction was an opportunistic attack that nobody witnessed, coming straight on the back of some secretive and unusual behaviour from her, that had to involve another party. So just really unfortunate timing.

Or, that it was a premediated murder with a complex backstory in which he gained Leah's trust.
Leah knew NM. He had "trained" her in understanding phone tracking. He had organised a hotel meeting where she was dropped at a fake location before moving to the actual rendezvous point, helping her to believe his story. He then convinced her to meet him the day before briefly when she turned off her phone - some kind of quick briefing? The the following day she snapchats, turns the phone fully off and then goes to the house, then he attacks her.

And then there is the scenario where he is just an accessory to Leah's murder. Could he have handed the keys over to some other unpleasant character in return for money? Then, when he came back - discovered what had happened and killed himself, because no one would believe that with his criminal record, he could be innocent of this crime?

Just throwing some (admittedly fairly far-fetched) ideas around...
I think it’s either one or two, he’s a sex offender why are we thinking he didn’t abduct and kill Leah? Or he’s covering for someone else, he’s totally capable of doing it himself.
It would be interesting to see if it’s scenario two, because wouldn’t family and friends have been alerted - or did they just assume in was Mr X she was seeing. Perhaps Mr x was never involved at all, and it was NM she was meeting. But then where did she meet him etc? Those cctv pictures don’t look like she’s someone on the way to meet a potential love interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname