Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

If a convicted sex offender died in Milton Keynes two months after Leah went missing (especially by suicide), why wasn’t his name on this thread then? Why weren’t we digging into it? Surely it would have come up?

Did Leah’s team consider him a suspect or investigate him at all after his body had been found? If not, why not?

Anyway, why weren’t the inquest details of the named suspect available before Leah was found?

Have the police ever found anyone who he talked to about the killing or disposal of Leah? I somehow doubt it.

My thoughts are with Leah’s family, as they often are, especially at family times of the year. They didn’t deserve to have their children taken in such circumstances.

I don't believe the police ever considered the possibility of a sex offender being responsible for Leah's disappearance. In fact, the belief of the man in charge at the time, DCI Andy Howard, would suggest the opposite.

DCI Andy Howard has lived and breathed the Leah case ever since the 19-year-old seemingly vanished off the face of the earth while walking to work two years ago today (February 15th 2019). Officially, he says: "After all of this time with no contact, no positive sightings, no financial transactions, no social media and no phone activity, the potential that Leah is no longer alive has to increase."

But when pressed for his personal view, the formal police mask slips slightly. "My own theory? I think the most likely theory is that Leah has gone of her own accord on her own... I believe it is because of a decision she made herself." So does this mean he thinks Leah is still alive? "It could do," he says quietly.

Certainly police are adamant there is nothing to suggest a third party was involved in Leah's disappearance, despite the view of her parents and those who knew her best that the teenager would never choose to up and leave of her own accord.

Full Story Here:

I can't find any info online about Maxwell's death in April 2019 or his inquest 6 months later, the only thing i could find was this:

The police said that he has links to a number of areas in the UK, and is known to often use campsites particularly in the Lake District, Scottish Highlands and the south coast of England. Also, Maxwell is known to have links to Kelso, Lockerbie and the Highlands in Scotland, as well as the Lake District, Dorset, Somerset, Cornwall, Milton Keynes, Slough and Bedfordshire.

Maybe they should have just looked for him in Milton Keynes, it looks as if he was living & working right under their noses, at least from February to April anyway.

But when pressed for his personal view, the formal police mask slips slightly. "My own theory? I think the most likely theory is that Leah has gone of her own accord on her own... I believe it is because of a decision she made herself." So does this mean he thinks Leah is still alive? "It could do," he says quietly.

Certainly police are adamant there is nothing to suggest a third party was involved in Leah's disappearance, despite the view of her parents and those who knew her best that the teenager would never choose to up and leave of her own accord.
SBM

I never understood why the Police maintained the theory that Leah had disappeared of her own accord. Everyone who knew her said she wouldn't do that, but the Police seemed to just ignore them - even though she vanished on her way to work and was never picked up on any cctv anywhere else

Perhaps if they'd actually investigated properly the alleged perp could have been caught alive - and all the rumours put to bed.

I feel so desperately sorry for Leah's family. To lose two children through this is just horrendous.

An inquest into how missing teenager Leah Croucher died has been set for the summer - with the coroner awaiting reports before investigating whether her death could have been avoided.

The 19-year-old from Milton Keynes vanished on the morning of 15 February 2019 on her two-mile walk to work.

Her remains were found in a house nearby in October 2022, after Thames Valley Police officers and forensic experts were called by a member of the public.

The inquest into the death was opened and adjourned last January by Milton Keynes senior coroner Tom Osbourne but no cause of death was given.

Mr Osbourne held a pre-inquest review into Miss Croucher's death on Thursday at Milton Keynes' Coroner's Court which was attended by her parents Claire and John Croucher, as well as her sister Jade.

Another preliminary inquest review could be held but a two-day full inquest is due to take place on 19 and 20 June.

Last edited:

From the above article:

Tonight a police spokesman said: “TVP has completed its investigation into the death of Leah Croucher and a file has been submitted to the Coroner for their consideration within the coronial process.

As these are active coronial proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to comment further on the investigation until the inquest process has been concluded, so as not to prejudice any findings.

The inquest will be held at Milton Keynes Coroner’s Court. Leah’s family will be legally represented and it is not yet know whether police will also have a barrister.

Is there any particular reason the TVP would require a barrister to represent them at this inquest does anyone know?

From the above article:

Tonight a police spokesman said: “TVP has completed its investigation into the death of Leah Croucher and a file has been submitted to the Coroner for their consideration within the coronial process.

As these are active coronial proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to comment further on the investigation until the inquest process has been concluded, so as not to prejudice any findings.

The inquest will be held at Milton Keynes Coroner’s Court. Leah’s family will be legally represented and it is not yet know whether police will also have a barrister.

Is there any particular reason the TVP would require a barrister to represent them at this inquest does anyone know?
I wonder if they are just protecting themselves as there maybe difficult questions asked about previous accusations and statements made. It’s not an indicator of any wrong doing, but sensible if they can afford it to avoid emotions overcoming the mind when speaking and giving information.

It is more than a year since the inquest into Leah Croucher's death was opened, on 25 January 2023.

It was suspended because of the police investigation, but Milton Keynes Coroner's Court issued an interim death certificate to allow the family to proceed with funeral arrangements and is now set for 19 and 20 June.

On 18 January 2024, Thames Valley Police said its investigation was complete, but it has not released the details publicly.

"A file has been submitted to the coroner for their consideration within the coronial process," a police spokesman said.

"As these are active coronial proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to comment further on the investigation until the inquest process has been concluded, so as not to prejudice any findings."

In a statement Ms Croucher's family said they were "happy to have a date for Leah's inquest".

"There is a lot of information yet to be shared to us and our legal representation.

"We are looking forward to seeing that", the family added.

I have enquired further into why the TVP might require a barrister at the forthcoming inquest.

Apparently the police will be questioned by the coroner, and may well require legal advice as they are part of the questioning during the inquest - hence needing a barrister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back