Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

Police investigating the murder of Leah Croucher have issued an image of what they believe her suspected killer looked like when she disappeared.
The 19-year-old's remains were found in a property in Loxbeare Drive, Furzton, Milton Keynes in October, more than three years after she went missing.
Neil Maxwell, who was found dead in April 2019, remains the only suspect.
Detectives believe Maxwell changed his appearance to evade arrest for another crime.
Ms Croucher was last seen walking to work on 15 February 2019. Her cause of death is "still under investigation", an inquest heard on Wednesday.
At the time Ms Croucher went missing, Maxwell was on the run from police in connection with a sexual assault in Newport Pagnell in November 2018, and he had previous convictions for sexual offences against women and children.
Thames Valley Police said the 49-year-old, who worked as a maintenance man for the owner of the Loxbeare Drive home owner, who lives abroad, was the only person to have keys to the house.
Officers also found Ms Croucher's rucksack and other possessions in the loft of the house in Furzton in October.
Police believe Maxwell changed his appearance to evade arrest as no witnesses have placed him in Milton Keynes since December 2018.
The force has now released an e-fit image of what they believe Maxwell may have looked like between December 2018 and April 2019.
Giving an update on the investigation, Det Ch Supt Ian Hunter said the "complex investigation" had "made steady progress" with hundreds of people interviewed and extensive forensic searches and examinations taking place, as well as CCTV reviews.
He said: "Despite the comprehensive media reporting along with the further enquiries with acquaintances, associates and employers and the new house to house and CCTV inquiries, we have still not identified anyone who saw Maxwell in or around Milton Keynes since early December 2018.
"More pertinently we are yet to identify anyone who had seen Maxwell in Loxbeare Drive before, after, or at any time close to when Leah went missing on 15 Feb 2019."
Police believe he also used false names and stopped using his mobile phone and known vehicles.
Officers are appealing for people to come forward with information about Maxwell's movements and identity based on the new image.
"He is likely to have known he was returning to prison if he was arrested and convicted," Det Ch Supt Hunter said.
"The investigation has now also established that Maxwell is likely to have changed his appearance to avoid being recognised. He had grown a beard and may have lost weight."
He said the force was "absolutely committed to establishing the truth" and Ms Croucher's family are "at the heart of everything we do".

Attachments

• 1674714140334.jpeg
    1674714140334.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 16
Today, we’re launching a new appeal in the Leah Croucher murder investigation. In October last year, we nominated Neil Maxwell as a suspect and published a last known picture of him at that time.

We now know that Maxwell is likely to have changed his appearance around the time Leah went missing. Therefore, we have created a new computer generated image of him, seen in the comments below.

Despite extensive media reporting, new house to house and CCTV enquiries and enquiries with known acquaintances, associates and employers, we have still not identified anyone who saw Maxwell in or around Milton Keynes since early December 2018. More importantly, we are yet to identify anyone who had seen Maxwell in Loxbeare Drive, Furzton before, after or any time close to when Leah went missing on 15 February 2019.

If you have any information, please contact us. You can leave information on our website or call us on 101, quoting ‘Operation Innsbruck’. You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

We are committed to establishing the truth and our investigation will invest the time and resources necessary to do so. We continue to keep Leah’s family at the heart of everything we do, and we are keeping them regularly informed on progress.

For more, please see our video appeal with DCI Ian Hunter

Today, we’re launching a new appeal in the Leah Croucher murder investigation. In October last year, we nominated Neil Maxwell as a suspect and published a last known picture of him at that time.

We now know that Maxwell is likely to have changed his appearance around the time Leah went missing. Therefore, we have created a new computer generated image of him, seen in the comments below.

Despite extensive media reporting, new house to house and CCTV enquiries and enquiries with known acquaintances, associates and employers, we have still not identified anyone who saw Maxwell in or around Milton Keynes since early December 2018. More importantly, we are yet to identify anyone who had seen Maxwell in Loxbeare Drive, Furzton before, after or any time close to when Leah went missing on 15 February 2019.

If you have any information, please contact us. You can leave information on our website or call us on 101, quoting ‘Operation Innsbruck’. You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

We are committed to establishing the truth and our investigation will invest the time and resources necessary to do so. We continue to keep Leah’s family at the heart of everything we do, and we are keeping them regularly informed on progress.

For more, please see our video appeal with DCI Ian Hunter

I did not know that police were looking for a particular person when she went missing.
Is this news?

Looks like reading between the lines that they don't believe that it is Maxwell either.

Do we know who owns the house she was found in and what relations they have to others.

It doesn't seem as though the neighbours at Loxbeare Drive saw anyone at the property around the time Leah disappeared, whether they had a beard or not.

Also, it has never been stated by the police if Maxwell ever completed the maintenance work he was supposed to have done at the property.

Apart from the keys to the property, it's looking like the police are finding it hard to find proof that Maxwell was responsible for Leah's death.

It does sound like they police don't have any proof and maybe don't even know for sure. However, what are the chances, statistically, of two sexual predators being in the area at the same time, having access to the same house? It feels like whilst there may be no proof, it's more likely to be Maxwell than anyone else.

It does sound like they police don't have any proof and maybe don't even know for sure. However, what are the chances, statistically, of two sexual predators being in the area at the same time, having access to the same house? It feels like whilst there may be no proof, it's more likely to be Maxwell than anyone else.
I always thought that the photofit of Maxwell looked more like Mr X

These kinds of creeps associate with other creeps! Who knows how many people he could have given keys too! Just because the owners say he had the only keys, that doesn’t mean he didn’t have duplicates cut. I’m assuming there was no DNA found on Leah or her belongings otherwise that could place Maxwell there. While Maxwell does make sense as the perp, I’m not totally convinced! Moo

These kinds of creeps associate with other creeps! Who knows how many people he could have given keys too! Just because the owners say he had the only keys, that doesn’t mean he didn’t have duplicates cut. I’m assuming there was no DNA found on Leah or her belongings otherwise that could place Maxwell there. While Maxwell does make sense as the perp, I’m not totally convinced! Moo
Maxwell was a Patsy so as to close down the search for the real culprit.

It doesn't seem as though the neighbours at Loxbeare Drive saw anyone at the property around the time Leah disappeared, whether they had a beard or not.

Also, it has never been stated by the police if Maxwell ever completed the maintenance work he was supposed to have done at the property.

Apart from the keys to the property, it's looking like the police are finding it hard to find proof that Maxwell was responsible for Leah's death.
Yes I agree. I also believe if they had found DNA at the property linking Maxwell and Leah the police would have said so by now. Todays police update looks almost like the police are doubting their own theory of him as a suspect.

So if no one saw him in the area or at the property, he changed his name, appearance, phone number and work van how did the owners and police know that Maxwell was the only person with keys to the property in the first place to name him as a suspect? Something is still not adding up!

Well someone fitted those satellite dishes somepoint between her disappearance and being found...if not Maxwell then who?

Yes I agree. I also believe if they had found DNA at the property linking Maxwell and Leah the police would have said so by now. Todays police update looks almost like the police are doubting their own theory of him as a suspect.

So if no one saw him in the area or at the property, he changed his name, appearance, phone number and work van how did the owners and police know that Maxwell was the only person with keys to the property in the first place to name him as a suspect? Something is still not adding up!
Does anyone know who the owners of the property are?

It takes me right back to why I felt this was off. And it’s the night before. The phone signal. The hotel meetings.

My gut is that there is someone else involved in this case.

How did maxwell get to MK Campbell park?! Without detection without any cctv?? That area is riddled with cctv and parking cameras. The golf club is at Campbell park. Main bus routes.

I’m trying to recall what his note said. Has he been set up as the fall guy. Bad circles. Tip one bad guy off for another.

Leah’s poor family. There’s just no end.

I did not know that police were looking for a particular person when she went missing.
Is this news?

Looks like reading between the lines that they don't believe that it is Maxwell either.

Do we know who owns the house she was found in and what relations they have to others.
They were looking for Maxwell anyway, for his known offences, not in relation to Leah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back