GUILTY UK - Lee Pomeroy, 51, stabbed to death on train, Surrey, 4 January 2019

Police believe that the 35-year-old suspect may have been driven from the Clandon area to Farnham, where officers arrested him and a 27-year-old woman.

Officers raided a ground-floor flat that belongs to a woman named Chelsea Mitchell, The Sunday Times reports.

Neighbours said that she has lived at the property for about six months with a male partner, who was described as ‘aggressive’ and confrontational.

British Transport Police said today that detectives investigating the stabbing have been given another 12 hours to question his suspected killer.

Detectives are given an extra 12 hours to quiz Surrey train stabbing suspect | Daily Mail Online

A neighbour is quoted:

A neighbour who lives near the pair in Farnham, Surrey, said: "The couple are a bit attitudey.

"They keep their curtains shut. When they come out they don't have much to do with anyone.

"There are issues with neighbours shouting at them.

"She's aggressive too. She has been aggressive and swearing at me.

"They don't work as far as I know."

She added that she had seen a police van at 6.30am and that other neighbours had seen armed officers during the raid.

Dad stabbed to death on train to London Waterloo the day before his birthday PICTURED

Grant Christy said: 'The raid began at 5.50am when two unmarked police cars and one armed police stood outside.

'There were a few inside I assume and there was one around the back. I then heard the arrest take place as I had my ear pressed to the door.

'Later two vans arrived to take them away. By this point there were a whole load of police - around 11 or 12 - and two with rifles. Others had sidearms.'

He later said: 'Initially I just heard the banging. Sounded like someone trying to kick the door in, that's what it sounded like to start with. And then I jumped out of bed, put my ear to the door, listened to what was going on.

'Then I heard the police shouting, 'put your hands up, turn around', all that sort of thing and then it went quiet.

'They led her out first with the kid, barefoot, put her in a police wagon over there, then a few minutes later they pulled him out handcuffed.'
More in the Mail: Detectives are given an extra 12 hours to quiz Surrey train stabbing suspect | Daily Mail Online

BTP use drones, phone data and ticket checks used to hunt for killer
Police investigating Mr Pomeroy's death have used a host of 21st century gadgets to help them catch the killer.

British Transport Police used ticketing data from London Road station in Guildford, CCTV footage from South Western Railway and mobile phone data from nearby masts to help track down suspects.

They also deployed drones and a helicopter over the surrounding countryside, according to The Sunday Times.
Detectives are given an extra 12 hours to quiz Surrey train stabbing suspect | Daily Mail Online

Darren Shane Pencille, 35, from Farnham in Surrey, has been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the death of Lee Pomeroy on board a train from Guildford to London.

A 27-year-old woman, Chelsea Mitchell, also from Farnham, has been charged with assisting an offender.

Both have been remanded in custody and will appear at Staines Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

Man charged with murder over Surrey train stabbing

Darren Shane Pencille, 35, from Farnham in Surrey, has been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the death of Lee Pomeroy on board a train from Guildford to London.

A 27-year-old woman, Chelsea Mitchell, also from Farnham, has been charged with assisting an offender.

Both have been remanded in custody and will appear at Staines Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

Man charged with murder over Surrey train stabbing

Dear Tortoise,

Thank you for your kindness in providing these up-to-the-minute news reports.

You are always greatly appreciated!

The plea will be interesting. Will they go guilty to get a lesser sentence or try and defend it?

I don't think he will plead guilty. Wasn't he described as aggressive and confrontational? He will make up some excuse like self defence or accident. He won't take responsibility for his temper and the consequences.

There was a Darren Shane Pencille born in Lambeth, London in 1983. Unusual surname, only a few Pencilles in the UK, almost all around the London and Surrey areas. There was a Darren Junior Pencille born in 2002.

And Pencille reacted with murderous violence? I wonder if he had taken any illegal substances?

Maybe. But there are people out there who are that aggressive. If Pencille felt he had been disrespected and the apology wasn't sincere..

I agree he won't plead guilty, or if he does, it will be diminished responsibility.

Wearing a grey tracksuit and black, thick-rimmed glasses, Darren Pencille stood initially as he was flanked by two guards before then speaking to magistrates from the floor of the dock.

While sitting down and not visible, he said: “People are making me paranoid. Can I just talk to you like this?”

Pencille will appear at Guildford Crown Court on Monday afternoon.

Guiolly-Train-BP_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

Surrey train stabbing: Suspect Darren Pencille refuses to enter plea, claiming he is 'paranoid'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back