GUILTY UK - Lexi Draper, 3, & Scarlett Vaughan, 16 mos, murdered, Skiddaw, Rugby, Jan/Feb 2018 *GUILTY*

After looking at CDs fb earlier, it would appear she was sleeping with someone else at the time. But she seemed to be playing games with him long before then.

I can’t see anything before Nov 2018 so not sure.

*Edit - Seen it now*

Last edited:
It is great, but also so sad to think that someone could do this.

You're right it's very sad. I don't envy her life at all. Being a young single mum with two young kids in a guest house isn't something to envy. Part of me wonders if she did this for attention and or money. She seems to like both.

I suspect the defence will be able to provide a lot of mitigating factors for the judge to take into account. She looks a lot older than her age in photos so perhaps she's had a very rough life.

A thought just occurred to me - why would she be asking for money for the funeral on ? I thought it was standard for funeral directors to do any kids ones for free.

I just don’t understand why she killed them. Why not put them in care or leave them to live with their Dad or other family? Maybe it was the attention, playing a tragic character, and she obviously thought she’d get away with it. I agree that it doesn’t appear she’s had an easy life, but I still can’t get my head around it.

09:14KEY EVENT
Sentencing
Good morning and welcome to our live blog when today, this tragic case will come to a conclusion.

Killer mum Louise Porton will face a life sentence when she returns to Birmingham Crown Court this morning.

She was convicted yesterday afternoon of the murder of daughters Lexi and Scarlett.

Crime reporter Ben Eccleston will be in court following this morning’s proceedings.

09:58
Minimum term
Porton’s fate now lies in the hands of Mrs Justice Amanda Yip.

The judge will today give Porton a life sentence, but will have to decide upon the minimum time the child killer will serve behind bars before even being considered for release.

LIVE: Killer mum facing sentence over murder of two daughters

10:10
Aggravating and mitigating factors
Before Mrs Justice Yip hands down her sentence, both the prosecution and defence team will get to have their say over areas such as aggravating and mitigating factors in the case.

Oliver Saxby QC will be representing the Crown Prosecution Service and Andrew Smith QC will speak on behalf of Porton.

Last pictures of girls together

This heartbreaking footage is the last time Lexi and Scarlett were seen alive together.

Just a few hours later, Porton would call 999 and tell an emergency call handler Lexi had stopped breathing.

Paramedics found she had been dead for some time at the family’s home in Beechwood Court.

Scarlett would live just 18 days longer before also being murdered by Porton.

image.jpg

LOUISE PORTON WITH HER CHILDREN JUST HOURS BEFORE LEXI WAS MURDERED

There's been no mention of her being pregnant that I've seen in any trial reports, apart from back in March.

It would be interesting to know exactly when she was advised that the police were going to arrest her and potentially charge her..and how that timeline links in to the pregnancy

10:53KEY EVENT
Case called on
The case has now been called on and all parties are making their way into the courtroom.

10:57
Packed public gallery
The public gallery is packed for today’s hearing.

Porton has now made her way in to the dock wearing a pink top and is now sitting with her head in her hands.

Becky Johnson‏Verified account @BeckyJohnsonSky 2m2 minutes ago
At the sentencing of Louise Porton, 23, who murdered her daughters Lexi, 3, and Scarlett, 17 months old. Statement from the girls’ father is being read: “I don’t know how i will go on as I feel I have nothing to live for...Why did Louise do something so evil to our daughters?”

11:01
The public gallery is full
We have resumed from yesterday and are ready to begin the sentencing.

Louise Porton has been brought into court and a number of the jury members have returned.

The public gallery is full.

11:03KEY EVENT
'I hate Louise. No punishment will ever be enough'
Chris Draper, the children’s father, said in a statement:

I am broken. I will never be the same person. I just keep asking myself why did Louise do something o evil to my beautiful daughters.

They were just an inconvenience to you. Why did she not give them to me?

Because of Louise I will never be able to hear their voices.

Louise deprived me of my daughters. I never met Scarlett. That pain will live me forever.

I hate Louise. No punishment will ever be enough. I now have depression and anxiety.

I constantly think about the girls.

11:05
'The girls have been let down by the system' - dad
The dad’s statement continues:

Since Lexi and Scarlett died my mental health has declined.

I have regular appointments with my GP.

I am unable to go back to work.

All of these things have made day to day life difficult.

We feel that the girls have been let down by the system.

This could have been prevented. This is something I thought I would never have to write. The only comfort is that both Lexi and Scarlett are together now.

Updates as mum is sentenced for murdering her two young daughters

11:05
"I am broken" - girls' dad
Nina Ellin, for the prosecution, is now reading out an impact statement from the girls’ dad, Chris Draper.

He said: “How can I put all this in to words. I am broken.

“I will never be the same person.

“I have to take each day by day but I don’t know how I can go on because I feel I have nothing to live for.”

11:07
"They were just an inconvenience to you"
Mr Draper continues: “I keep asking myself ‘why?’.

“Why did Louise do something so evil to our daughters?

“You are their mother. The person who is supposed to love them and care for them.

“They were just an inconvenience to you”

He added that he “can’t understand” why Lexi and Scarlett were killed as Louise “wanted to sleep around”

11:10
Dad never got to meet his daughter
The impact statement from Mr Draper also says: “Because of Louise I will never hear their voices or hold their hands.

“Louise stopped Lexi and Scarlett from having a dad.

“Louise has deprived me and my daughters and will have to live with that emptiness.”

Mr Draper says he never got to meet Scarlett and now that will never happen.

11:12KEY EVENT
"I hate Louise. No punishment will ever be enough"
Mr Draper explains that he was at court for the first day of the trial but then had to leave after details in the case began to come out.

He says, in his statement, that he feels he “let them (Lexi and Scarlett) down” by doing so.

He adds: “All my memories of Louise and Lexi and Scarlett are shattered.

“I was heartbroken when I heard she used the girls as a game.

“I hate Louise. No punishment will ever be enough as I will never get my daughters back.”

11:14
Suicidal thoughts
Mr Draper confesses that he has self-harmed and considered suicide since his daughter’s death as he “felt I had let the girls down” and “the only way out of this was to be with them”.

11:19
Special occasions missed
Chris Draper’s mother also made a short statement, in which she said they had been “let down by the system” and the family will miss out on many “special occasions” in the lives of Lexi and Scarlett.

11:20
Minimum term
The prosecution has previously given a document to the judge outlining where the CPS stands when it comes to the minimum sentence that Porton should receive.

Therefore Nina Ellin has finished addressing the court.

Mitigation will now be heard

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500