Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a similar missing person case a couple years ago, I can't remember her name, sadly. Young woman in the UK walked away from a club late night and was found in a creek a week or so later. I think it was also very cold, and there was speculation that she might have tried to get away or hide from someone who might have been following her. The thing is she had walked quite far and was found in an area she was not expected to be. Not sure if I recall all the details correctly. Does someone remember the case? @CoverMeCagney perhaps?

Caroline Everest and I thought of her too but couldn't remember her name (post 21)

Jinx mrazda!!

There was a similar missing person case a couple years ago, I can't remember her name, sadly. Young woman in the UK walked away from a club late night and was found in a creek a week or so later. I think it was also very cold, and there was speculation that she might have tried to get away or hide from someone who might have been following her. The thing is she had walked quite far and was found in an area she was not expected to be. Not sure if I recall all the details correctly. Does someone remember the case? @CoverMeCagney perhaps?
I don't know the area but I gather from other posts there are paths and alleyways behind houses where she might have skirted her way past CCTV cameras and ended up way outside where they have searched. If she was afraid she may have run for part of the time.

Caroline Everest?

Sian OCallahan?

Taxi driver jailed for life for murdering nightclubber, 22, he picked up as she walked home - but escapes justice for second killing after police blunder | Daily Mail Online

You are correct mrazda. I dunno this one's got me feeling like it's not just a case of her wandering into water or such like. I'm not holding much by the eyewitness who heard the scream. After all in such a student populated area surely there was another individual up and about who could corroborate the screams.

Again, I dunno. Something keeps swaying me between a very unfortunate accident and foul play

So many cameras and yet none at the spot where she either fell, got into a car, was picked up, etc...

It’s always frustrating that no cctv can pick up where that person was last seen or what direction they went to give more indication of that persons last trace there cases are very tragic

I don't know the area but I gather from other posts there are paths and alleyways behind houses where she might have skirted her way past CCTV cameras and ended up way outside where they have searched. If she was afraid she may have run for part of the time.
I don't think she would have run. Only because it sounded as if she was having a hard time even standing up due to intoxication. Running was probably near impossible.

You are correct mrazda. I dunno this one's got me feeling like it's not just a case of her wandering into water or such like. I'm not holding much by the eyewitness who heard the scream. After all in such a student populated area surely there was another individual up and about who could corroborate the screams.

Again, I dunno. Something keeps swaying me between a very unfortunate accident and foul play

I am currently in the foul play camp and feel there's something in the witness report of screaming.

Something or nothing?

“it was also confirmed that Libby's close friends have returned to their respective homes for personal reasons and they also didn't attend the event”

Libby Squire's mother shares heartbreaking post as search for missing student, 21, enters fifth day | Daily Mail Online

I'd imagine this refers to her housemates and they've been told by police they can't stay in their house, and would rather return to their respective parents' than stay with friends whilst Libby's still missing.

Her taxi ride from the welly to Wellesley Avenue should only take 5 mins, it’s just a straight road.

It sounds like this was her second year so I wonder if she’s lived in that property for both years or she changed back in September. She may be more familiar with another area if she’s recently moved.

Even if she didn’t have keys I would like to know if her fellow housemates were all out. I would also expect her to know more students that would be nearby that she could have gone and stayed with. Some students stay in or do their own thing with another group.

Shock as police search for Libby, 21, missing after getting in taxi

This earlier article says that she stays in The Courtyard. I’m surprised it hasn’t been removed or updated considering we now know that not to be the case.

I am wondering though if it’s a mistake and she lived there in first year. From my own experience and that of my friends, it was the norm to go into Halls in first year to settle in and get to know people. Then from 2nd year onwards find an HMO with friends.

Interesting comment in the article about her being quiet and in her room a lot. I wonder if she is an outsider amongst her university peers? If so, could lead to an emotional state if she was bundled into a taxi home with no company and then possibly couldn’t get in the house. Plus the alcohol.

Just speculation on my part.

Thanks guys! You all have a better memory for names than I! Yes Caroline Everest.

The point is was trying to make was that Libby might have walked further than anybody right now thinks.

I had a look at this earlier, if she was walking or running away from someone she could quite easily have made it much further than the current search area, even if she were to walk / run at 3 miles per hour she could have traveled a fair distance/ mix that with the idea she might hide and you have her in a concealed location a distance away, if she fell asleep in that location due to the cold and alcohol she could easily have fallen victim of hypothermia.

"It comes as police, who are following up a "number of leads", revealed details of a potential new sighting of Libby at 12.05am on Friday."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...missing-libby-squire-screwdriver-13946457.amp

Then this:
View attachment 167573
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ing-woman-21-seen-leaving-taxi-night-out.html
I wonder why they have specifically mentioned going door to door on Haworth Street? Could this indicate that the police know this is the direction Libby headed? Have they also searched her own street and Heathcote Street - which is closer to her house so would seemingly make more sense? I don’t believe that the lady who reported hearing the scream mentioned having her house searched?

This earlier article says that she stays in The Courtyard. I’m surprised it hasn’t been removed or updated considering we now know that not to be the case.

I am wondering though if it’s a mistake and she lived there in first year. From my own experience and that of my friends, it was the norm to go into Halls in first year to settle in and get to know people. Then from 2nd year onwards find an HMO with friends.

Interesting comment in the article about her being quiet and in her room a lot. I wonder if she is an outsider amongst her university peers? If so, could lead to an emotional state if she was bundled into a taxi home with no company and then possibly couldn’t get in the house. Plus the alcohol.

Hmm, that is strange, especially the police saying her last sighting was in Block F so pretty specific. Perhaps she'd only moved into a house-share this term? Perhaps there was another taxi which the police accidentally tracked with a similar looking girl?

I agree, this could really put someone in a hyper-emotional state. And if she was also unable to gain entry into her own home, she may have had her feelings if displacement compounded.

Being at university can be a real emotional rollercoaster and the isolation some students feel can be overwhelming.

This is interesting, because, In the interview that one of the male students leading the search gave, I noticed that when he referred to Libby’s bedroom, upon being asked where she lived, he tilted his head one way back towards the university then seemed to quickly change his mind and tilt his head the other way and says ‘off campus, over there.’ The direction of the first gesture that he makes he also gives when referencing meeting her for the first time in the library and being at the pre-Welly drinks party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike