Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm not been on for a while but come back to this and taken me all day to catch up. Some very valid points raised. I wonder if police will release cctv at any point. Also has it been clarified whether police have spoken to the taxi driver yet.. Would be useful to know if Libby had mentioned anything to him (I like to chat to taxi drivers when I've had a bit to drink). Also thinking about taxis... When I'm going home alone in a taxi regardless of whether I've been drinking or not I always get my fare and keys ready before I get to destination. I know Libby was put into a taxi by her friend so the friend may have paid for the taxi in advance but it'd be interesting to know whether she had her keys when in the taxi or mentioned them at all
Agree with this. I had anxiety and depression at Libby’s age and hated coming home alone. I always made sure I had my key in my hand ready to get in quick.
This is a good point! Its definitely unusual.

It’s interesting that a fellow student says here that it’s a 5-10 minute taxi ride. I think what happened in that taxi, at least in terms of Libby’s state of mind during the journey, is important. If she had been in a distressed state already at being refused entry to the bar then I am fairly certain her friends probably wouldn’t have bundled her into a taxi (based on personal experiences at that age.) Also, I’m sure Libby and her friends knew at this point that she didn’t have her phone on her. I think it would be unlikely that friends would allow an upset, inebriated housemate, without a phone, to go home in a cab alone. Personally, I would have also checked that she had her key before sending her off. I find it more likely that Libby was drunk but in ‘ok’ form before entering the taxi and then something between then and the bench has made her “distressed.”

My 2p of speculation...

I haven't a clue.

Too many variables and without any actual CCTV footage to judge her body language during the last moments she was seen and her potential interactions with others.

Perhaps the CCTV footage will follow shortly...

I doubt it. I can count on one hand the amount of times a young person has gone missing and police have received cctv images.. For. Some reason they are just never released

_20190205_212724.JPG Hmm. Slightly worrying; I've edited this myself from Google Earth, sorry it sucks, but the green circle shows Wellesley meeting Beverley, the red circle is one of the roads Libby may have walked up to get back to the Courtyard - it is immediately next to a bridge over the drain.

I thought her roommate said they had lived there two years...?

Police may be asking door to door for any video or to look out windows of any houses where people say they saw her.

So far I am not getting “foul play” mainly because other cases have shown how far (and how far off track) people have walked when intoxicated. Jmo

Miss Squire moved into her student house with two other flatmates four months ago

Missing student's parents make emotional plea for 21-year-old to get in touch | Daily Mail Online

Am I allowed to post a screenshot of something that is on social media?

View attachment 167601 Hmm. Slightly worrying; I've edited this myself from Google Earth, sorry it sucks, but the green circle shows Wellesley meeting Beverley, the red circle is one of the roads Libby may have walked up to get back to the Courtyard - it is immediately next to a bridge over the drain.

Hmm had a walk round on Google map. There's a quite a high wall either side of the bridge. Doesn't look like the kind of place you could fall into

Just read this from a local newspaper lovesportsradio.com:

On Tuesday, police said they were dealing with hundreds of calls about the student's disappearance.

One woman, who lives nearby Ms Squire, told police she heard a "blood-curdling" scream on the night she disappeared.

She added that it "sounded like someone being attacked".

Hmm had a walk round on Google map. There's a quite a high wall either side of the bridge. Doesn't look like the kind of place you could fall into

Too high to jump?

Seen some pictures from October and those scars previously mentioned looked fresh. I think I’ve swayed away from foul play again...

Can’t remember if this breaks rules. So sorry mods, please delete if it is.

Too high to jump?

Seen some pictures from October and those scars previously mentioned looked fresh. I think I’ve swayed away from foul play again...

Can’t remember if this breaks rules. So sorry mods, please delete if it is.
I'd say so. The view on Google maps shows the wall being higher than the cyclist in shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190205_215244_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190205_215244_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20190205_215315_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190205_215315_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
I can understand that, but females seem to be a potential threat as well.

Agreed. Drunken people of either sex can be belligerent, and sometimes violent. IMO, it's always best to approach slowly and cautiously and inquire from a distance if the person wants you to call for LE assistance, for a cab, etc. MOO.

Am I allowed to post a screenshot of something that is on social media?

No, screenshots are not allowed on WS.

<modsnipped>

I think it has to be MSM or a family account?

Linking to family sm accounts is also not allowed on WS. Only to Libby's own account.

If you think it’s relevant and worth posting the Facebook comment maybe just post a disclaimer stating that there is no proof that the comments are relevant to the case

Linking or quoting from comments on Facebook is never allowed, not even if the page itself is msm or LE or anything else official.

HTH! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
But you probably wouldn’t leave the house without your phone incase of emergencies I would guess? I know I certainly wouldn’t. If you are posting on here, you know the horror stories. So in that sense I don’t think we would think the same way as Libby.

I’m thinking back to the Karen Buckley/Alexander Pacteau case again where she met him outside a club for the first time walked with him without force to his car and was dead 20 mins later. She probably thought he seemed safe because he was charming and similar age.

Yes, unfortunately, that seems to be a common perception. It happened in a very similar way to Tess Richey in Toronto. Accused murderer was a year younger than her, slightly built, clean cut, boyish face, not at all "dangerous" looking. Her mother found her body days later in the stairwell of an alley because LE didn't look for her, though they did arrest her accused murderer months later. I'm pleased to see how seriously and thoroughly LE are handling Libby's disappearance. MOO.

I think he has a soft spot for Libby. I noticed on the video when asked how he met her he did a "typical tell" nose scratch. Quite sweet really.

But god this forum has made me suspicious of literally anyone who gets super involved in a case.

Yes, unfortunately, that seems to be a common perception. It happened in a very similar way to Tess Richey in Toronto. Accused murderer was a year younger than her, slightly built, clean cut, boyish face, not at all "dangerous" looking. Her mother found her body days later in the stairwell of an alley because LE didn't look for her, though they did arrest her accused murderer months later. I'm pleased to see how seriously and thoroughly LE are handling Libby's disappearance. MOO.

Wow how terrible for her mother! Poor woman :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member