Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sar2them1984

sar2them1984 Well-Known Member

I always remember my friends dad who was a police officer telling me that the safest place to sit in a taxi if I was on my own was behind the passenger seat

2. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

No and no

HayLouise, Amonet and whitelilac like this.
  3. MancGuy Uk

MancGuy Uk Well-Known Member

It was cold that night and her options at that point were thin, and you do not want to stay out in the cold in January that’s for sure so at a certain point she must have planned to go back to the bar she was refused entry and get the keys of her friends it’s her only option maybe did she have her purse on her? to pay taxi if not she would probably have got a friend to pay it the fair again at the bar that’s if she manage to sober up a little with no phone and no key her luck was certainly against her that night

Amonet likes this.
  4. PaddyOreally?

PaddyOreally? Well-Known Member

Keep watching and you can see the legs going in

Get off my Lawn! likes this.
  5. Kolumbo

Kolumbo Just one more thing, sir...

Who said she paid?

We know she left her mobile at home so she can't get in touch with anyone. Presumably her house was empty with nobody else home. We suspect she was locked out of the house. Maybe she lost her keys or maybe she left them deliberately, expecting to return with a housemate who would let them both in. That would seem to be a reasonable explanation for her crying. She didn't know what to do and was trapped in the cold but wary of accepting any help from people she didn't instinctively trust.

Maybe he has had a short conversation with her, perhaps more than once which would explain the to-ing and fro-ing from the car to the street corner where she was sat. He had come to understand her predicament, warned her of the dangers of sitting alone in a bench on a cold night, and offered either to return her to Welly club in search of a friend, drop her at a mate's house, see if he can help her get into her own house somehow, or else just drive or loiter about someplace, pass some time off until a housemate got back home.

Amonet and ohthesharkbabe like this.
  6. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I've taken taxis in London, and never had a driver open the door for me, nor did I ever sit in the front passenger seat.
    However I wondered whether it may be different in a small town. Is it possible that Libby has had a ride with this guy before, and they recognized each other?

Amonet and KING Charles like this.
  7. MancGuy Uk

MancGuy Uk Well-Known Member

8. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

She fell in the river, screamed. He panicked. Thought about helping. Followed her down the river a bit or looked for her from the bank, then ran away panicking in a 'omg she is probably going to drown' way?

9. CoverMeCagney

10. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

I can't see all of that but now I see a dark thing like a coat being put in to cover something that is lying down. I'm bamboozled now...the mind boggles

Jim_M and Spyder84 like this.
  11. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

Agree with black cabs.

The service levels are completely different between black cabs, uber, Addison Lee etc

Amonet, whitelilac and sar2them1984 like this.
  12. Get off my Lawn!

Get off my Lawn! Well-Known Member

Or a local resident?

13. Blamhappy

Blamhappy Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of that. If he was a fake cab, she and her friends might have used him before.

IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  14. gc105

gc105 Active Member

Hi there, new here :) have kept up with a few threads over the last year or so but never posted!

I honestly don't know what to think of all this...I can't help but think that if he isn't personally responsible for Libbys disappearance, then he is at least involved in some capacity (JMO!)

There was a report from the night of Libbys disappearance of a woman being chased along Newland Avenue by a man in a balaclava, and a 'taxi' swerved in front of her - turns out it wasn't a real taxi but she managed to get away. Now with the mother of the man in for questioning coming out and saying she wasn't aware he was a part-time taxi driver...? Maybe I am just putting 2 and 2 together, but seems strangely coincidental... could this possibly be the same car involved in the earlier incident on Newland Avenue, and there could therefore also another person involved? Could of course just be a very eerie coincidence!

I do think for the car in the CCTV to be parked just metres away from the bench at which Libby was last sighted and then to leave at the time at the end of the police timeframe is very telling. Why would somebody sit in their car (with door open) for a few minutes having a cigarette/on their phone, then wander away only to reappear a couple minutes later on one of the coldest nights of the year?

Anyway sorry for my ramblings, just thinking out loud really.

Kasmeer, Amonet, KING Charles and 6 others like this.
  15. suzyjackson

suzyjackson Well-Known Member

IMHO Libby did not have anything with her that would need to be thrown into the passenger seat of footwell of a car, as we know she didn't have keys or a phone imo it's probable that any money she had or had had earlier in the evening was in a pocket or small purse in a pocket.

I'm not convinced the person/object going into the passenger seat is her. I dont have another theory yet so interested to hear what everyone else thinks

Noseyjosie, Amonet, Al Ka and 2 others like this.
  16. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

The mother said she wasn't aware her son worked as a part-time taxi driver. It wasn't in quotes in the news report and seems an odd piece of information to randomly volunteer; it seems more like an answer to a question asked by a reporter and paraphrased by the media.

IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet, Al Ka and 3 others like this.
  17. CoverMeCagney

But why on earth would they be anywhere near the river? Or the pond or even the park?

I can't be convinced he killed her until she's found. But I am fairly sure he did something to cause her to scream in terror for 15 minutes before he ran away.

18. audge86

audge86 Well-Known Member

He's not a real taxi so opening the door isn't odd to me. He had to get out to advertise his service, he wouldn't have decals or anything. He's grateful to have a customer so he opens the door. Do you tip taxi drivers? The ones in Canada are very polite and open doors to try to get good tips.

If I'm alone, I sit up front. But again, I'm in Canada. I'm a woman too. I feel safer up front, I like being able to see where we're going. Harder from the back

19. trish0000

trish0000 Member

ye.?

20. Bodger81

Bodger81 Member

We used to sit in the front seat of cabs in Hull/Eaat Yorks. Not unusual at all. Also not odd for drivers to get out and help you with bags, maybe open the door for you too. It’s a friendly area.

IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet, Al Ka and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.